All penalties should not be equal.

ALLEN1QB

Tell me how we were called for holding 4 times today and I don't think they were called for a single one. The Patriots get a lot of time to throw yet are never holding. Riiight

Seems like a lot of the time when the Bills are driving the refs always spot a holding on the them.

Edited by suorangefan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Agree emotionally, disagree with my head.  It's fair enough over the course of a league.  

I do have to wonder, though, given the Wilfork-Losman hit, if BB****** gave his defenders carte blanche to go helmet-to-helmet with Allen if he ran free.  Allen had what, 1 open run and 1 H2H hit...

8 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Tell me how a vicious helmet to helmet and a holding penalty are offsetting?

I was thinking this too, hell if you see a lineman holding just start taking free shots at QB's and WRs to knock them out of game... worst that happens is you replay the down *shrug*

What bothers me about this, is I saw 0 flags on the field until vicious hit on Allen, then flags come out... Why was there not already a flag on field for holding?

Just like a tiktak holding call on morse negates a Patriots Offside that would have been a first down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I was thinking this too, hell if you see a lineman holding just start taking free shots at QB's and WRs to knock them out of game... worst that happens is you replay the down *shrug*

What bothers me about this, is I saw 0 flags on the field until vicious hit on Allen, then flags come out... Why was there not already a flag on field for holding?

Just like a tiktak holding call on morse negates a Patriots Offside that would have been a first down

you can see on the replay that the flag was being thrown while Allen was running

9 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

The flag for the hold was thrown before allen was hit

17 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Tell me how we were called for holding 4 times today and I don't think they were called for a single one. The Patriots get a lot of time to throw yet are never holding. Riiight

Seems like a lot of the time when the Bills are driving the refs always spot a holding on the them.

I think the rule book book says they are exempt from the rule.  It’s stated in part F subsection U

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Tell me how a vicious helmet to helmet and a holding penalty are offsetting?

The rule dhould berither

A flagrant PF over rules all penalties or it’s a double penalty of two 15yards. One is removed with offense penalty.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

That's what I was wondering. The precedent they just set, is that as soon as a flag gets thrown on the opposing team the players enter the thunderdome and all bets are off. Who cares if you take a vicious h2h shot on a ball carrier or blown out someone's ACL with a late hit, as long as there was another penalty it will just offset. Its a bad look when the league is preaching player safety as a priority, but weighs a weak holding call the same as potentially killing/crippling a player with a cheap shot. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I think the rule book book says they are exempt from the rule.  It’s stated in part F subsection U

No doubt.

Like that clear intentional grounding on Brady in the 4th that never got called. I don't want to really bang on the officials as the Bills had this game but made a ton of mistakes on the field today costing us this game. 

if the league is serious about protecting the athletes, then ANY helmet to helmet regardless of "offsetting" penalties should be enforced.  That is essentially a free pass to F someone up if, hey.. the lineman held a second late compared to my QBs head just got rammed full speed by another head.  smh

2 hours ago, Dan said:

It is mind boggling how many critical plays the refs give that team.   Crucial, game altering penalties always seem to benefit them.    

No.  It happens to everyone equally.  I’ve read it here for years.