Josh Allen in concussion protocol: Update cleared 10/5

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Did we have to “decent” running options on Sunday? No.

i don’t care where you slot Singletary, first, second, third. He was unavailable. I don’t care where you slot McCoy or Gore either. We have rotational offensive linemen ferchrissakes and people are focusing on who would #X.

On Sunday McCoy would have definitely helped the offensive attack. How many more games need to be lost before people wake up and say, “oh, maybe we should not have done that.”

Would you feel all warm and fuzzy if the posters here self-flagellated, threw on sackcloth and bemoaned missing McCoy on the roster?

10 hours ago, DCofNC said:

Thing is, he hasn't had a good game all year.  Yeah he's had flashes and led comebacks that he created the need for with sloppy ball handling, but overall, he's not much better than last year and thats not good.

I'll agree to an extent that he hasn't had a good game all year as far as a 4 quarter game.  He's played well but also has disappeared for long stretches....and shot himself in the foot a few times.

However, overall, he is better than last year.  He's a better passer in the pocket which is the biggest improvement he needed to make.  

I've seen more good Josh than bad Josh.  Bad Josh was last week and it was bad but this Pats defense also held a Sean McVay offense to nothing...basically almost every team in the last 8-9 games.

He needs to improve his ball security, situational awareness and his deep ball accuracy.  Once that happens, I'll feel more comfortable with him.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

Would you feel all warm and fuzzy if the posters here self-flagellated, threw on sackcloth and bemoaned missing McCoy on the roster?

I’m generally not a warm and fuzzy person and your hyperbole and histrionics aren't necessary.

They lost a game on Sunday because they had one option running the ball. You knew it, I knew it and the pats knew it.  When that option was not in the game the Bills predictably passed the ball.

You can ignore that all you want, I choose not to & I've been quietly beating this drum since McCoy was cut.

Care to talk about DiMarco’s salary and how he has not performed to his pay grade?

What about Innameonly Lotulelei?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

I’m generally not a warm and fuzzy person and your hyperbole and histrionics aren't necessary.

They lost a game on Sunday because they had one option running the ball. You knew it, I knew it and the pats knew it.  When that option was not in the game the Bills predictably passed the ball.

You can ignore that all you want, I choose not to & I've been quietly beating this drum since McCoy was cut.

Care to talk about DiMarco’s salary and how he has not performed to his pay grade?

I'm not a DiMarco fan or hater. He does what he does. Star got paid, yes, but again he's NOT egregiously awful as some crusaders around here want us to believe.

I wanted Shady cut two years ago, so there's that.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Oh, we hide behind, "I have been on this site for longer than you, I know more."  Cool strategy.

If you get credit for "knowledge" like yours, I don't need it.

whatever....

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Again with no facts behind your opinions that you hold as self evident truths.

There are goid discussions and blind homers who argue every fact based post they dont like, I'm not into the " grandpa knows best" attitude carried by a lot of the group.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Oh my goodness a whole 2 extra TDs, one being from less than a half a yard away, who else on the planet could possibly do that?! 

I'm sorry, but if you are so blinded by the fact the TEAM won, despite having to overcome multiple dumb, careless turnovers and multiple missed opportunities by a mediocre QB who happens to be a great athlete, there is no use in pointing out the truth.  I'd bet you think Lamar Jackson sucks too, right?  If you watch as an unbaised observer, Jackson has been a FAR better QB and I think he is a running back who happens to throw.  Allen has been trash this season outside of maybe 6 drives and here we see the BuffaloBills Beer goggles on, telling us all that 2x more turnovers to TDs is just a stat.  No, its a fact and you are a fool.  Not to mention thise stats come against 4 teams with a combined 6 wins and the PATS have 4 of them.  You are embarrassing yourself.

giphy.gif

Edited by billsfan1959

44 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Again with no facts behind your opinions that you hold as self evident truths.

There are goid discussions and blind homers who argue every fact based post they dont like, I'm not into the " grandpa knows best" attitude carried by a lot of the group.

Who cares about that stuff. We really want to know what you think about Allen's play so far this year...

11 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Cripple, we lost the game because we had 4 turnovers and a blocked punt for a TD.

If you're down a RB due to injury, the game shouldn't be over.  We traded up for Allen and he's in his second year.  He should be able to carry the team passing the ball, or he's supposed to be.  

Why does "predictably" passing the ball matter?  

Allen lost us the game.

Dimarco wouldn't have been kept if he wasn't adding value.

• Like (+1) 1

Why do some people car so much about past decisions? What comes of it? I mean you can learn from mistakes, but can you change them? Is McBeane going to be fired because of it? Does this team make decisions based off this forum? I mean, who cares what you said then or now! Does it make you feel better if the decision isn't working out right now and it makes you believe you're right? Why don't others believe I was right then and  now give me the credit I deserve . Is there an award it your right? What am I missing? Any chance this stuff goes a bit above and beyond a normal discussion about the team?

Jeez, This forum would make for a great psych study.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Cripple, we lost the game because we had 4 turnovers and a blocked punt for a TD.

If you're down a RB due to injury, the game shouldn't be over.  We traded up for Allen and he's in his second year.  He should be able to carry the team passing the ball, or he's supposed to be.  

Why does "predictably" passing the ball matter?  

Allen lost us the game.

Dimarco wouldn't have been kept if he wasn't adding value.

I can't abide that people claim that Allen lost the game.

His offense scored a TD and a FG.

Brady's offense scored a TD and a FG.

Offenses drew even (forget the missed XP and missed 49-yarder for Hauschka).

Both teams had red zone turnovers at key moments. Allen's deep INTs aren't much different than punts as a practical matter (other than the down on which they occurred).

The punt block was the difference--that, and Allen getting knocked out of the game. We all know that 4th quarter Josh is a different player, and I don't think many folks would argue that he isn't more likely to get the ball in the end zone from inside the 10 than Barkley. 

• Like (+1) 8

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Both teams had red zone turnovers at key moments. Allen's deep INTs aren't much different than punts as a practical matter (other than the down on which they occurred).

The punt block was the difference--that, and Allen getting knocked out of the game. We all know that 4th quarter Josh is a different player, and I don't think many folks would argue that he isn't more likely to get the ball in the end zone from inside the 10 than Barkley. 

Dude, YES.

44 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

They lost the game on Sunday because we had two QBs who both sucked.

6 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Shhhhh...the torch and pitchfork crowd will not be happy to hear this

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They lost the game on Sunday because we had two QBs who both sucked.

The DIFFERENCE in the game was the ST, however. My argument: despite the unforced errors, the offense had done enough to win. the atrocity that was the punt block was the difference in the game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

The only TD the Pats scored was off of a INT from Allen.  Another 3 came from another Allen INT.  

Our defense forced 7 - 3 and outs and punted 9 times total.  We did not capitalize on offense when we were given opportunity after opportunity.

Brady played bad as well....both QB's did.  Allen shouldn't take less heat because the other teams QB played poorly as well.  

It doesn't mean I'm giving up on Allen or think he sucks.  In this particular game...he was bad.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Cripple Creek said:

Did we have to “decent” running options on Sunday? No.

i don’t care where you slot Singletary, first, second, third. He was unavailable. I don’t care where you slot McCoy or Gore either. We have rotational offensive linemen ferchrissakes and people are focusing on who would #X.

On Sunday McCoy would have definitely helped the offensive attack. How many more games need to be lost before people wake up and say, “oh, maybe we should not have done that.”

Take it to the McCoy thread. Actually there isn’t one, probably because he isn’t missed. The team is 4th in the league in rushing averaging 147/game. This thread is about Allen in the concussion protocol. Please and thank you. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

The DIFFERENCE in the game was the ST, however. My argument: despite the unforced errors, the offense had done enough to win. the atrocity that was the punt block was the difference in the game.

The punt block sucked, for sure.  But inept QB play for 90% of the game was what killed us.  Gore had 109 yards rushing.  The inability to run was not the problem and at no point in time did I say to myself, "man, if we had McCoy, we'd win this game."  Regardless of whose fault they were, Allen's 3 INTs killed us.  Otherwise, we were having our way in that game.

Updates of his actual status of the game here please...

LATEST: concussion protocol, how he is able to practice wednesday, thursday and friday is crucial.

UPDATE: STAGE 4 IN PROTOCOL - did some work in individual drills and took part in team meetings

Edited by rayray808