Rex Ryan takedown: Baker Mayfield version

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...good call HOUSE......Kaep hit the limelight way too early and "tats 'n poses" deterred him from what the hell he was getting paid for.....RG II 1/8 was the same way, but he had Daddy RG in tow chirping in Boy Danny's ear......"WIN" pressers were about ME...."LOSS" pressers  strained his shoulder throwing teammates under the bus....although he enjoyed greater success, Scam Newton is precisely the same........"WIN" pressers were about ME...."LOSS" pressers  strained his shoulder throwing teammates under the bus..how about the Manziel debacle?....just my take and respect those who differ......could Baker be next?...stay tuned.......

Very good examples...Just shows the delicate balance involved...the potential for some personalities.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

As time goes on it looks like the real battle for best QB of the 2018 draft is between Josh and Lamar. Baker is the same guy he was in college. He'll be okay, but with his lack of physical tools, that's all he'll be. I think Rosen is already out of the discussion, and until Darnold plays for a team besides the Jets, he will be out of the discussion, too.

And, honestly, who would you rather have right now, Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson? I don't trust Jackson's success. How long can a QB count so much on his legs? And defenses not adapt to the system. He's very good, but he doesn't have the overall QB skills of other mobile QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, vincec said:

Ryan's not wrong.

I wonder if Mayfied has that "growth mindset" that McDermott talks about. I haven't seen a lot of improvement in his game from last year to this one.

This Sunday is huge for him. He can turn the whole narrative around by beating the Ravens. Biggest game on their schedule until they play them again. 

...uh oh...Freddie is PO'ed....

Freddie Kitchens calls Rex Ryan’s comments about Baker Mayfield “asinine”

Posted by Mike Florio on September 25, 2019, 1:15 PM EDT

Former Jets and Bills coach Rex Ryan recently criticized Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield. Browns coach Freddie Kitchens has now criticized the criticism.

“I appreciate his opinion and all that, but he is not in our building,” Kitchens told reporters on Wednesday regarding Ryan’s remarks. “He has no idea what we are doing. I would answer that with that.”

Among other things, Ryan called Mayfield a “one-read quarterback.”

“No, he is not,” Kitchens said. “That is asinine to even say.”

On Monday, Ryan (who is now an ESPN analyst) questioned Mayfield’s abilities.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/25/freddie-kitchens-calls-rex-ryans-comments-about-baker-mayfield-asinine/

11 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't Tebow stopped trying. He just wasn't that good. 

I dont think Baker stopped trying either, Injust think his Oline is crap and he's getting happy feet. I believe he has bad coaches and the pressure is getting to him as well.