Rex Ryan takedown: Baker Mayfield version

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How does a guy excel at the highest level of college ball, then decides to take a vacation in the pros?

I would simply call this BS.   He is a young QB like Allen and will have his Ups and Downs.  I think people are willing to pounce on him because people think he is cocky and should be brought down. Sad.

Stuff like this makes me appreciate Allen even more than I already do. Allen is 3-0. He has a winning record, 4 4th quarter comebacks and has demonstrated that gamer mentality when we've really needed him. He has improved from last year and hasn't even played a full year yet.

Allen is still highly criticized after every bad throw for the entire week...even after a win. Fans and media rag on him when he overthrows bombs or throws a pick. At least the dude is trying. He wants to win more than anyone I can remember watching not named Tom Brady. Even though people trash him nonstop, he is always positive and goes balls to the wall - stiffarming LBs and stuff.

Baker hits a little adversity and hears one negative take about him and has a temper tantrum. That Allen pick is looking great right now to me compared to everyone else drafted (Lamar is solid too). I expect a win against NE. This is his chance to prove he's arrived and a rising star. Meanwhile Baker goes to 1-4 and next thing we know, ODB will be crying!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I would simply call this BS.   He is a young QB like Allen and will have his Ups and Downs.  I think people are willing to pounce on him because people think he is cocky and should be brought down. Sad.

I think they (the media) know he will take the bait. He always does. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

How does a guy excel at the highest level of college ball, then decides to take a vacation in the pros?

It happens in every sport. Being elite at the very highest level takes a different breed both physiologically and psychologically. Every once in a while you get players who transcend both. But just about all athletes, even in the NFL, will lean more one way or the other. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

Rex is like some fat, drunken buffoon sat at the end of a bar just yelling crap about this, that and everything to anyone who will listen. The rest of the patrons just stand there and say "Rex is talking ***** again I see"

When I think back to his first presser as Bills coach... it gives me the runs

Ha! I take it you met a few of these guys in your day! Yeah, there always seems to be a few guys like that around! Hogging all of the peanuts at the bar!

58 minutes ago, BigBobby said:

Stuff like this makes me appreciate Allen even more than I already do. Allen is 3-0. He has a winning record, 4 4th quarter comebacks and has demonstrated that gamer mentality when we've really needed him. He has improved from last year and hasn't even played a full year yet.

Actual a lot of the credit for this goes to McDermott for keeping this entire team grounded.  McDermott has not pouted like Kitchens or like Doug Maronne when things didn't go well.   McDermott is getting the entire team to buy in the same thing. 

Remember in week2, things were fueled by Giant's HC Presser on Allen and the mis-construing of his comment by the Media.  McDermott shut the whole thing down and ensure that their play will make a statement and not their words.  The nice thing was that he did not allow anyone on the team to talk about to the Giants HC even after the win.   This says a lot about the character Sean is building in that building.   Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 5

14 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Actual a lot of the credit for this goes to McDermott for keeping this entire team grounded.  McDermott has not pouted like Kitchens or like Doug Maronne when things didn't go well.   McDermott is getting the entire team to buy in the same thing. 

Remember in week2, things were fueled by Giant's HC Presser on Allen and the mis-construing of his comment by the Media.  McDermott shut the whole thing down and ensure that their play will make a statement and not their words.  The nice thing was that he did not allow anyone on the team to talk about to the Giants HC even after the win.   This says a lot about the character Sean is building in that building.   Go Bills !

I’ve definitely criticized this FO and Coaching Staff for some decisions. But this absolutely spot on! McDermott is a tremendous leader of men. There shouldn’t be any question about it, and it’s his greatest strength. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/25/2019 at 5:23 PM, YoloinOhio said:

He has the lowest completion % of any starting QB in the league right now, 32nd in passer rating and has the 2nd most INTs. So probably should take his lumps from the media and worry about his game more than being snarky toward any criticism. He’s always struggled with criticism going back to college when he would search his twitter mentions and fire back at random people that he just should not waste energy on. 

Aaand he’s still doing it 

BF57E0F6-6461-4944-8823-55956F45F612.jpeg

Edited by YoloinOhio

On 9/26/2019 at 9:28 AM, RU5781 said:

Baker is melting down. I love it. 

Why?  Don't you want to see young exciting QBs in this league ?

37 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Thought and still think Mayfield can be a top 10 QB.  However, he needs to learn to shut up.  At some point motivation becomes distraction.  His opponents will try to get under his skin to make him less effective.

I think his front office put him under the bus by giving him an underwhelming OL and Chubb seems to have disappeared this season.