Pats* release Antonio Brown

Chandler#81

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Meh. It’s all how you manage it. If you have good leadership one would hope our young players might learn what not to be from that exposure if the player is a train wreck. If you have a young and volatile group without positive leaders it can go terrible for sure though 

So, would AB in this locker room in the first two weeks been good or bad?

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The benefit of dropping a time bomb into a young locker room like ours is a mistake that I don’t want to see.

The Pat situation is completely different 

Right now, the Bills are ‘The Mighty Ducks’.  The Pats* are the Charleston Chiefs in ‘Slap Shot’ - at least in terms of moral turpitude.  ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

I hear you, but it makes no sense to even inquire about a guy with a reputation of being toxic, if you weren’t somewhat interested. I’m not saying you’re wrong, I’m just stating that I was always confused by Beane having any interest in Brown whatsoever. 

Due diligence. 

13 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I was so devastated that I started drinking a lot and became a huge Nickelback fan.  Those were some bad years...

@Royale with Cheese

Wait... in that order? Most people start listening to Nickleback, start drinking a lot, then get depressed that they listened to Nickleback. You, sir, inverted the process. Mind blown!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Boy said:

We do not just learn from our own mistakes but from others if we are smart.

I agree there is nothing wrong with kicking the tires but every GM has to know what is good for his team. 

The benefit of dropping a time bomb into a young locker room like ours is a mistake that I don’t want to see.

The Pat situation is completely different 

Yeah, the Pats are much more established and conditioned to handle such players. Its like they have a built in allowance system. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yeah, the Pats are much more established and conditioned to handle such players. Its like they have a built in allowance system. 

The Pats also don't care.  They are all about winning...no matter what.   They were all in on AB (Kraft, Belicheck, Brady, the fans) until the story got too big and too bad.  They get no points for anything.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

When the Brown trade didn’t happen there were dozens of conflicting articles regarding why he didn’t end up in Buffalo. Some of those articles stated that Rosenhaus wouldn’t even give the Bills Brown’s number because he knew Brown wouldn’t go there. In a phone call with Rosenhaus, Brown agreed that he had no interest in Buffalo. If this is the case, the financial aspect and whether or not Beane had dirt on Brown is irrelevant. Brown simply wasn’t coming here. Who knows what would have happened had he been willing to. Beane (who I do like as GM) now comes out smelling like a rose because of it. 

Unless Brown said that to save face.

3 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

When the Brown trade didn’t happen there were dozens of conflicting articles regarding why he didn’t end up in Buffalo. Some of those articles stated that Rosenhaus wouldn’t even give the Bills Brown’s number because he knew Brown wouldn’t go there. In a phone call with Rosenhaus, Brown agreed that he had no interest in Buffalo. If this is the case, the financial aspect and whether or not Beane had dirt on Brown is irrelevant. Brown simply wasn’t coming here. Who knows what would have happened had he been willing to. Beane (who I do like as GM) now comes out smelling like a rose because of it. 

So...’no kick tires?!’  ?

?