Whistleblower Has Been Backed Up By Multiple Witnesses

Tiberius

The texts laid bare, with great specificity, a coordinated effort among State Department officials and Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani to compel the new Ukrainian government of Volodymyr Zelensky to publicly commit to investigating a firm tied to former Vice President Joe Biden’s son, thereby making foreign aid contingent on the Ukrainians helping Trump’s re-election efforts. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/damning-trump-team-texts-detail-pressure-campaign-on-ukraine

41 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Did Nancy demand Ukraine investigate Donald Trump? 

Remember, Trump is extorting a foreign country to gain an advantage in our elections. Shameful 

Criminal

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/this-is-when-the-inquiry-gets-real-former-us-special-envoy-to-ukraine-testifies-in-impeachment-probe-today/2019/10/03/51365c1b-5a01-4e44-872a-299b67949a5e_story.html

You say that like it is utterly impossible for Pelosi to do that. Naive much?  Her records are not public domain so you have no way of knowing one way or the other.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

Interesting reports from yesterday. US drafting statements for Zelensky re Burisma. No Burisma mentions = no visit to Oval.

Is Burisma the on!y corrupt company in Ukraine? Or is it that it's related to Trump's lead opponent's son?

At what point does interfering in Ukraine's politics go too far? I

Investigate my lead rival. 

Here's a statement from Ukraine president. 

Revise the statement to mention Hunter Biden co. 

No statement no meeting with President. 

I expect the bus to run over Giuliani soon. We had a "loose cannon."

what about isms

Focus power grasshopper. This is about Trump's actions. 

Rarely is anything about the political climate about one moment in time. I understand why you want it to be, but that does not make it so. 

Besides, my commentary was about your description of politically motivated activity being characterized as "horrific" when any rudimentary review of the history of Ameican politics would suggest it's just another day in Washington. 

In every dojo, there comes a time when Senshi tries to brush his teeth with the katana. Consider. 

• Like (+1) 2

It’s Not A Crime For Trump To Ask China And Ukraine To Investigate Biden.

So, hypothetically, if an outgoing president’s administration concocted a farrago of lies with the cooperation of foreigners to malign the candidate opposing his hand-picked successor that would be… what? 

Also, hypothetically, if this farrago of lies was then used to hamper the new administration, and millions of taxpayers’ money were flushed down the rathole of a make believe investigation, that would be … what?

My question is — do leftists own NO mirrors?

• Like (+1) 1

Republican senators echoed Biden in urging Ukrainian president to reform prosecutor general's office

CNN's KFile found a February 2016 bipartisan letter signed by several Republican senators that urged then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to "press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General's office and judiciary."

The letter shows that addressing corruption in Ukraine's Prosecutor General's office had bipartisan support in the US and further undercuts a baseless attack made by President Donald Trump and his allies that Biden pressured the Ukrainian government to fire then Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to stop investigations into a Ukrainian natural gas company that his son, Hunter Biden, sat on the board of. There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe or Hunter Biden, nor is it clear whether Hunter was under investigation at all.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/politics/gop-senators-echoed-biden-on-ukraine-reforms-kfile/index.html

12 hours ago, John Adams said:

Trump's conduct is horrific and as close to violating the election law as you can get. Not that he's caring about that law. 

Again...how?  Please have something more than name-dropping.

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe or Hunter Biden, nor is it clear whether Hunter was under investigation at all.

It's highly unlikely that Hunter did anything wrong.  It's also highly unlikely that Hunter did anything at all.  It's a neat deflection to pin the wrongdoing directly on Hunter.

The question though that everyone wants to sidestep is why would a second tier energy company in Ukraine pay $600K/year to a board member who had no experience in the energy sector and very little experience with corporate boards?

The US regulators slapped JP Morgan for hiring sons of senior Chinese politicians for entry level bank jobs.   Shouldn't this standard apply to much more senior level hires of US politicians' kids?

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

You say that like it is utterly impossible for Pelosi to do that. Naive much?  Her records are not public domain so you have no way of knowing one way or the other.  

So any wild rumor about Dems is believable, but facts supporting the obvious truth of Trumps corruption are lies? 

Cultist? 

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

Focus power grasshopper. This is about Trump's actions. 

Is it really, though?

It seems the real story is a corrupt, calculated, and dishonest campaign by sitting Dems to impeach a President for political purposes based on false information.

That's a far bigger story than the President squeezing the leader of another country for intel. Why aren't you concerned about that?

• Like (+1) 4

Adam Schiff-Ukraine connection comes under scrutiny

By Alex Pappas | Fox News Published 14 hours ago

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, who has played a leading role in investigating the Trump-Ukraine scandal, is facing questions about his own connection to a Soviet-born businessman who has raised money for his campaign and whose company has received lucrative defense contracts from Ukraine's government.

That man is Igor Pasternak, the founder and CEO of Worldwide Aeros Corp., which makes blimps for military and commercial customers. His business has also been involved in weapons manufacturing, working with the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense to produce a modified version of the M4 and M16 rifles, according to reports.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/adam-schiffs-own-ukraine-connection-comes-under-scrutiny

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Adam Schiff-Ukraine connection comes under scrutiny

By Alex Pappas | Fox News Published 14 hours ago

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, who has played a leading role in investigating the Trump-Ukraine scandal, is facing questions about his own connection to a Soviet-born businessman who has raised money for his campaign and whose company has received lucrative defense contracts from Ukraine's government.

That man is Igor Pasternak, the founder and CEO of Worldwide Aeros Corp., which makes blimps for military and commercial customers. His business has also been involved in weapons manufacturing, working with the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense to produce a modified version of the M4 and M16 rifles, according to reports.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/adam-schiffs-own-ukraine-connection-comes-under-scrutiny

Lol

17 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Is it really, though?

It seems the real story is a corrupt, calculated, and dishonest campaign by sitting Dems to impeach a President for political purposes based on false information.

That's a far bigger story than the President squeezing the leader of another country for intel. Why aren't you concerned about that?

So far I see withheld aid, a "transcript" and today a bunch of texts and emails. None of that is "false," it's just information. And it shows a sitting president pressuring a foreign president to investigate his leading rival by name and with an obsession. 

The political bias of the investigation is without question, but I am focusing in this thread on the evidence they are finding, which isn't nothing. 

2 minutes ago, John Adams said:

So far I see withheld aid, a "transcript" and today a bunch of texts and emails. None of that is "false," it's just information. And it shows a sitting president pressuring a foreign president to investigate his leading rival by name and with an obsession. 

The political bias of the investigation is without question, but I am focusing in this thread on the evidence they are finding, which isn't nothing. 

I don't know how you can claim there's no false information being used here when we know Adam Schiff made allegations that have been incontrovertibly proven false, and lied about his contacts with the so-called "whistleblower." 

You keep repeating this mantra about the President pressuring a foreign leader to give up information about corruption that could implicate Biden, but so what? That in itself is not a crime, nor is it necessarily corrupt or unethical.

So why are we putting President Trump under a microscope over allegations of relatively nothing while turning a blind eye to a Congress that is clearly abusing it's power in ways that are necessarily corrupt and are a legitimate threat to the stability of our government and society?

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nothing justifies Trump betrayal of our country and our democracy

If you replace "Trump" with "Schiff" your posts will sound less like the paranoid ravings of a lunatic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

I don't know how you can claim there's no false information being used here when we know Adam Schiff made allegations that have been incontrovertibly proven false, and lied about his contacts with the so-called "whistleblower." 

You keep repeating this mantra about the President pressuring a foreign leader to give up information about corruption that could implicate Biden, but so what? That in itself is not a crime, nor is it necessarily corrupt or unethical.

So why are we putting President Trump under a microscope over allegations of relatively nothing while turning a blind eye to a Congress that is clearly abusing it's power in ways that are necessarily corrupt and are a legitimate threat to the stability of our government and society?

If you replace "Trump" with "Schiff" your posts will sound less like the paranoid ravings of a lunatic.

Sure, replace facts with fantasy and you are all set. Why do you hate the truth? 

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

christ, maybe you are that obtuse.

He might be. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Republican senators echoed Biden in urging Ukrainian president to reform prosecutor general's office

CNN's KFile found a February 2016 bipartisan letter signed by several Republican senators that urged then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko to "press ahead with urgent reforms to the Prosecutor General's office and judiciary."

The letter shows that addressing corruption in Ukraine's Prosecutor General's office had bipartisan support in the US and further undercuts a baseless attack made by President Donald Trump and his allies that Biden pressured the Ukrainian government to fire then Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin to stop investigations into a Ukrainian natural gas company that his son, Hunter Biden, sat on the board of. There is no evidence of wrongdoing by either Joe or Hunter Biden, nor is it clear whether Hunter was under investigation at all.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/03/politics/gop-senators-echoed-biden-on-ukraine-reforms-kfile/index.html

So, your premise is it wasn't problem before Trump, making it an obvious political hit job because it's Trump? 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

So, your premise is it wasn't problem before Trump, making it an obvious political hit job because it's Trump? 

I thought the premise was "Biden's innocent because everyone else was doing it, too!"  

50 minutes ago, John Adams said:

No, it doesn't.  Obsession?  Seriously?  :lol:

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I thought the premise was "Biden's innocent because everyone else was doing it, too!"  

I thought the premise was that you cannot investigate Biden because he is a candidate, but you should investigate Trump because he is a candidate...or something. They keep changing the goal posts, so it is hard to follow.

• Like (+1) 4

9 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They never stop:

Link to story of the story

An Internal Revenue Service (IRS) bureaucrat has filed a so-called “whistleblower” complaint claiming he received information that at least one Treasury Department political appointee moved to “improperly interfere” with the annual audit of President Donald Trump or Vice President Mike Pence’s tax returns, according to the Washington Post. 

The Post, citing multiple anonymous sources, cannot provide key details of the complaint due to privacy laws that prohibit the disclosure of details concerning tax return filings. The complaint’s existence was revealed in court filings earlier, though it failed to garner much public attention. Two Trump administration officials downplayed the complaint due to the fact that it is based on “hearsay” and suggested it could have been prompted by political bias.

I'm not sure what's so incredible about this story. I mean, what is more accurate and trustworthy than third-hand hearsay which contains no details?

• Haha (+1) 1

CNN reported: “During a phone call with Xi [Jinping] on June 18, Trump raised Biden’s political prospects as well as those of Sen. Elizabeth Warren, who by then had started rising in the polls, according to two people familiar with the discussion. In that call, Trump also told Xi he would remain quiet on Hong Kong protests as trade talks progressed.”

• Haha (+1) 2

Smattering of good material here: 

Kimberly's latest: 

Julie's latest: 

Re: The Schiff texts release -- link to them and then commentary: 

Why release a portion of the texts and not the transcript which gives those texts context? 

Because Schiff is lying. Again. 

It was always a coup -- and remains one right now. 

36 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I'm not sure what's so incredible about this story. I mean, what is more accurate and trustworthy than third-hand hearsay which contains no details?

Also, this is pretty great: 

• Thank you (+1) 3

I’m dying to find out what people think the Presidents of two unrelated countries should be talking about? It seems to me that the US and Ukraine only intersect in a very few select topics. Is everyone just sad they weren’t talking about the upcoming Bills season? 

2 hours ago, John Adams said:

It seems like you and Tiberius are pretty tight and think pretty much the same way. You seem to have a proclivity for using different names and I initially called you Sybil, based on a decades old movie character with multiple personalities. I freely admit that I might have jumped the gun on that and named you in a too hasty manner. In retrospect, and with the closeness you've seemed to have developed with another poster here who used to be named gatorman but now goes by the name of Tiberius I think naming you Mr. Tibs would be appropriate. May your relationship grow and prosper.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Smattering of good material here: 

Kimberly's latest: 

Julie's latest: 

Re: The Schiff texts release -- link to them and then commentary: 

Why release a portion of the texts and not the transcript which gives those texts context? 

Because Schiff is lying. Again. 

It was always a coup -- and remains one right now. 

Also, this is pretty great: 

Asking communist to investigate Biden 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Asking communist to investigate Biden 

Yet -- you did not care when it was revealed Obama and Clinton were paying for Russian propaganda to use against their political rival. 

Principles. Try having some one day, you'll be amazed at what a difference they make ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yet -- you did not care when it was revealed Obama and Clinton were paying for Russian propaganda to use against their political rival. 

Principles. Try having some one day, you'll be amazed at what a difference they make ;) 

You admit it's wrong? What Trump did was wrong, ya? 

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Wrong? No. Illegal? Not by a long shot. Poor politics? Sure. 

Asking the communist to "investigate" anything is for sure wrong. Why not ask the Mexican drug lords to look n their files, too? Or maybe the Taliban? 

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hell, he praised Obama for having campaign rallies in Europe with the help of European governments.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Asking the communist to "investigate" anything is for sure wrong. Why not ask the Mexican drug lords to look n their files, too? Or maybe the Taliban? 

Whats more wrong?

Asking for help looking into corruption even from foes? ... Or ignoring said corruption because of the fear of the political blowback? 

This is a political argument you nor your side can or will win. People see through it and realize this is all an attempt to protect the establishment’s political class at the expense of truth and the American tax payer. 

In the end all you’re doing is helping Trump better frame the upcoming Horowitz/Huber/Durham investigations. 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Asking the communist to "investigate" anything is for sure wrong. 

I agree.  Keep AOC and Bernie Sanders away from this.

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Whats more wrong?

Asking for help looking into corruption even from foes? ... Or ignoring said corruption because of the fear of the political blowback? 

This is a political argument you nor your side can or will win. People see through it and realize this is all an attempt to protect the establishment’s political class at the expense of truth and the American tax payer. 

In the end all you’re doing is helping Trump better frame the upcoming Horowitz/Huber/Durham investigations. 

I'm surprised he's going the "Asking for help from the communists" route with this.  

I mean...tariffs, anyone?  Isn't "Trump is offering to remove tariffs in return for investigating Biden!" a much better narrative?  The morons are really going to go with "communists are bad?"

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

CIA officer, involved in the 2016/2017 coup (meaning he was tasked by Brennan) -- nothing to see here. It's all on the up and up, people! 

:lol:

They never thought she'd lose. 

Hell, they're still trying to make her win.  

Wouldn't it have just been better to let Trump have his four years, then put another cutout into office in 2020?  This is smacking of such desperation it's making the plotters look bad.  Really, for people who've played the game so patiently behind the scenes, to completely lose patience like this is atypical to the point of being a legitimate mental illness.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Hell, they're still trying to make her win.  

Wouldn't it have just been better to let Trump have his four years, then put another cutout into office in 2020?  This is smacking of such desperation it's making the plotters look bad.  Really, for people who've played the game so patiently behind the scenes, to completely lose patience like this is atypical to the point of being a legitimate mental illness.

I know I'm a nut -- but everything I'm hearing from people in the beltway is they have no choice but to do this because of Barr/Durham/Huber/Horowitz. They have their nuts in a vice and have multiple stone-cold-locks in terms of legal cases to bring against numerous big names on both sides of the aisle (past and present).

That's a lot to take on faith, I get that and don't take it solely on faith myself, but if you examine the possible motivations for the odd/transparent strategy you point out above it lends some more weight to it. 

• Like (+1) 1