MNF -Cleveland Browns @ New Jersey Jets

HOUSE

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t feel like reading through the pages so I’m sure someone has said it. It’s so annoying the media agenda on things. Allen is an inaccurate inconsistent thrower(partly true) with a big arm and good runner. Mayfield is just as inconsistent and he’s a gunslinger who takes chances but has savvy and will learn over time not to take as big of risks. 

Its simple that people have preconceived draft notions and wont back off them until that player makes them think absolutely different. 

I mean, Allen is closer to Favre then Mayfield is in terms of willingness to take risks, looking for the big things oh, Ironman, etc. 

That said, Mayfield was absolutely the better QB last year and it wasn’t close. He through with better anticipation, touch, and placement. 

Allen has been much better in general, and way better than Mayfield so far this year. Mayfield looks bad and lost. Single read, poor placement. Good skill positions. 

Edited by Mango

Just now, Mango said:

I mean, Allen is closer to Favre then Mayfield is in terms of willingness to take risks, looking for the big things oh, Ironman, etc. 

That said, Mayfield was absolutely the better QB last year and it wasn’t close. He through with better anticipation, touch, and placement. 

If you switched them on the teams, Mayfield would have got killed in Buffalo with no OL, WR, TE, RB, or blocking, and Josh would have fared much, much better with a lot more time, WR, TE, and run game.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

I hope you guys crush Mayfield

.We will my friend. I wonder what happens if Darnold played tonight. 

Mayfield is criminally OVERRATED.

Buf has the Best pass D In the game! 

"He reminds me of Farve"  according to Booger.??? He has 4 int in the 4th qtr so far in 2019.

They just heavily focus on the good with him and basically ignore the bad.

Where as with Allen and even to a lesser extent Darnold , they heavily focus on their faults, kinda brush their positives to the side

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I don’t feel like reading through the pages so I’m sure someone has said it. It’s so annoying the media agenda on things. Allen is an inaccurate inconsistent thrower(partly true) with a big arm and good runner. Mayfield is just as inconsistent and he’s a gunslinger who takes chances but has savvy and will learn over time not to take as big of risks. 

Its simple that people have preconceived draft notions and wont back off them until that player makes them think absolutely different. 

Look no further than ATL vs PHI. Ryan threw two horrible picks, forcing it in.

Wentz led receivers to IR multiple times.

Ryan is an 11 yr vet.

Wentz is the 'Wunderkind'

I'll take Allen all day

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If you switched them on the teams, Mayfield would have got killed in Buffalo with no OL, WR, TE, RB, or blocking, and Josh would have fared much, much better with a lot more time, WR, TE, and run game.

I don’t disagree necessarily. Allen has looked better this year than Mayfield for sure. Allen continues to struggle with (relatively) touch, anticipation, and to a lesser extent this year, placement.

Regardless. I don’t love playing the if’s and butt’s game. If a pass wasn’t tipped. If a ball was a caught, etc. they were, and you live and die by your results. I don’t hate JA, it’s just how I live my life in sport and career. It’s the only way to get an honest inventory.