9/15 Bills at Giants Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, mrags said:

You don’t see my posts or know me well enough to judge me, bro

No judgement on my side, I’m in no position to do so, just an observation.

I believe you are a good person, and that it shows here on this forum. 

Go Bills!!!

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Joe and Evan on WFAN are bitching about the call on the FG that gave the Bills the ball at the 2. They said that Lawrence did nothing. I didn’t see the replay 

I saw the replay... It was ticky tack to say the least.  We definitely got lucky!    Giant dude supposedly slapped the center's head, who in FG situations is considered a defenseless palyer.  He did touch him, but it wasn't that bad at all.

But, they called a few bad ones against us as well, so ya know... refs suck.

21 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

No judgement on my side, I’m in no position to do so, just an observation.

I believe you are a good person, and that it shows here on this forum. 

Go Bills!!!

Damn you. Don’t say nice things about me. I want to have hate and discontent but now I can’t. 

Edited by mrags
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

Damn you. Don’t say nice things about me. I want to have have and discontent but now I can’t. 

LOL, ?

Go Bills!!!

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

I saw the replay... It was ticky tack to say the least.  We definitely got lucky!    Giant dude supposedly slapped the center's head, who in FG situations is considered a defenseless palyer.  He did touch him, but it wasn't that bad at all.

But, they called a few bad ones against us as well, so ya know... refs suck.

That was my takeaway. I mean, I wasn't beating my chest for a flag there, but you better believe that I lost my shizz when Allen got driven to the ground and Ford was the one with the penalty, when Knox got called for unnecessary roughness when he tensed up before someone collided with him and they picked up the flag in the 4th.

28 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Doesn't an upset, in this case, require the Giants to win the game?

I guess so...that whole pre-game segment is kinda lame though: "Give us your upset of the week pick"  and Cowher thinks the Giants who are at home as only -1.5 dogs, would be his upset of the week?

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That was my takeaway. I mean, I wasn't beating my chest for a flag there, but you better believe that I lost my shizz when Allen got driven to the ground and Ford was the one with the penalty, when Knox got called for unnecessary roughness when he tensed up before someone collided with him and they picked up the flag in the 4th.

Yeah, even the Ex referee they had in the announcing booth questioned that call. But he also noted that it is a “defenseless player” penalty and the refs generally will call it if it’s even in the ballpark.But I’ll take it. Like so many posters have already said, we have been on the other side of these calls, it seems, way too many times.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

And unless I'm mistaken, they threw a flag on Allen for intentional grounding!  That was declined for the personal foul penalty against Ford.  That play they couldn't have gotten more wrong!  But, I guess they made up for it with the FG call.   It's today's NFL... The refs are abysmal and unless you're a highly favored and big market team,  you HAVE to be able to overcome the bias and bad calls against you.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

This is just about everyone's comment to a tee.  Focusing on the next play, next game.  This is an example of what "culture" looks like.  

True...it's also an example of what a team with a championship focus sounds like.

Nobody is here to win one game, or two games, or to make the playoffs.  This team is here to win it all...and while they're probably not going to perform at that level just yet, it's incredibly important to inculcate that mindset into your leaders.

12 minutes ago, Dan said:

And unless I'm mistaken, they threw a flag on Allen for intentional grounding!  That was declined for the personal foul penalty against Ford.  That play they couldn't have gotten more wrong!  But, I guess they made up for it with the FG call.   It's today's NFL... The refs are abysmal and unless you're a highly favored and big market team,  you HAVE to be able to overcome the bias and bad calls against you.

Yeah, I had the sound off and I didn't realize it until I went through the play by play today. I have no idea how that was intentional grounding. He was clearly out of the pocket, and in the process of being hit. Brady gets 15 yards and a personal apology from the player for hitting him and the refs for letting him get hit.

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...starting the season with two road wins is pretty damn impressive to me......pretty sure I read Josh and Dawkins were the only two returning offensive starters...

The grit / mental toughness the Bills displayed in game 1. Showing more of the same game 2, better execution.

Beating the G - men and the Jets back to back on the road impressed the hell out of me Oldtimer.

MERCY!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Wasn’t it jrober the last year or so that had said it’s basically statistically impossible for Allen to ever progress into a solid qb? 

That dude seems to have gone AWOL since Allen starting looking like a Qb back in the summer time. 

I'm still here. Just have a lot more on my plate with a new baby and new responsibilities at work.  

It's way too early to tell if he'll succeed long term but he's been better this year, particularly on 3rd down. He's still got a long way to go though. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

I'm still here. Just have a lot more on my plate with a new baby and new responsibilities at work.  

It's way too early to tell if he'll succeed long term but he's been better this year, particularly on 3rd down. He's still got a long way to go though. 

congrats to the bolded.

not sure if that 2nd line is even a compliment to the qb though. if it is it feels backhanded..... allen as played solid ball. agree he has way more room for growth though.

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Congrats man!

We're on baby #3...I can only hope that yours is sleeping well...all 3 of mine have been terrible sleepers :lol: