Have the Patriots Not Learned Anything?

ChevyVanMiller

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

AB is an asshat.   Nobody disputes that.     But the Hernandez comparison?      There are few, if any, NFL players that have gone down a road as rough as that.

As the Hooded One said, it seems a lot more like this:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Moss#Dating_violence_allegations

It seems that the important thing for each reader to determine is where on the continuum of sexual abuse you draw the acceptable/not acceptable line.  Unfortunately, the NFL hasn't a clue as to the hard and fast determination point that applies to it's organization.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Which part?

Not at all a stretch to imagine DR told BB about it before the signing.  In fact, I think it's a stretch to think the opposite.

And certainly not a stretch to think a guy with AB's character would finally decide to take by force what this woman he clearly lusted after (and previously assaulted) had refused to give him.

His personality definitely fits the crime.

• Like (+1) 2

I think they learned that by having the best HC, GM and QB on your team, that you can dominate the league for a couple decades.

They're not the only ones who've taken chances on players with checkered pasts.  Look at Cincinnati, for Christ's sakes.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They're not the only ones who've taken chances on players with checkered pasts.  Look at Cincinnati, for Christ's sakes.

I mean there’s us too with Shady & Incognito. Though I think this regime now would be a little more reluctant 

• Like (+1) 1

The patriots could not care less about anyone’s morality, they have only one parameter, and that is to do what ever it takes to win SBs. 

Edited by Don Otreply

3 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Great read, comparing the Aaron Hernandez situation with the current Antonio Brown drama. Hopefully, the decline of the evil empire will come soon.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/have-the-patriots-not-learned-anything-by-now/ar-AAHgnaY?ocid=ientp

I mean, what would one expect them to learn?   One learns when one does (whatever it is) and it has a negative consequence

What is the negative consequence to the Patriots for re-up'ing a psychopath and a murderer?  While he was with them, Hernandez improved their team.  When evidence he was a psychopath and a murderer came out in public, they dropped him like a stone down a well.

They'll do the same with Chung and with Brown IMO because that's what they've learned.  They'll stick with guys they think might make them better until their legal troubles completely overshadow their contribution, then they'll cut ties.

37 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

The patriots could not care less about anyone’s morality, they have only one parameter, and that is to do what ever it takes to win SBs. 

Of course. They choose not to care. That does not absolve them from criticism from the media. In this case it’s their local media. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

They'll stick with guys they think might make them better until their legal troubles completely overshadow their contribution, then they'll cut ties.

Here's a game.  Who said this:

"So you want to give people their fair day in court to prove their innocence. It’s hard. You don’t want to just, any time someone gets an accusation, boot them out of the building without due process.”

Here’s what I’ve learned from the multiple threads that address Antonio Brown and the Patriots. There are a lot of people that believe in the end justifies the means, as is there a lot of people that immediately jump to the conclusion that if a woman accuses a celebrity or person of wealth and power with sexual assault, the woman is a gold digger with an agenda.

Edited by chris heff
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Of course. They choose not to care. That does not absolve them from criticism from the media. In this case it’s their local media. 

Never said they don’t deserve the criticism, (they deserve all of it) I merely stated they don’t care what others say about them, all the criticism in the world will not change How they conduct themselves.  They are scum, and to say that it s unfair to scum.

Go bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Here's a game.  Who said this:

"So you want to give people their fair day in court to prove their innocence. It’s hard. You don’t want to just, any time someone gets an accusation, boot them out of the building without due process.”

I know the answer of course.  Assuming you don't want to make it too easy.

4 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Great read, comparing the Aaron Hernandez situation with the current Antonio Brown drama. Hopefully, the decline of the evil empire will come soon.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/have-the-patriots-not-learned-anything-by-now/ar-AAHgnaY?ocid=ientp

They keep winning, so doesn't matter to them. Players are replaceable and if Brown doesnt workout they will move on. I expect Brown to be gone after this year anyway regardless of how he acts.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Well, IDK.  Rothlisburger, had an equivalent charge against him and a stand up organization like the Steelers did exactly what?     Hmmmm.

"She said/he said" charges aren't that unusual anymore and the NFL has shown that it needs a lot more physical/visual evidence to put someone on the exempt list...

And Ray Rice (until the video--oops).

And Tyreek Hill

And MCCoy.

Then there's Kobe (and Shaquille, for that matter).

This is what NFL teams do with the best players.

Why is anyone questioning this now?

oh, right...

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Which part?

Not at all a stretch to imagine DR told BB about it before the signing.  In fact, I think it's a stretch to think the opposite.

And certainly not a stretch to think a guy with AB's character would finally decide to take by force what this woman he clearly lusted after (and previously assaulted) had refused to give him.

i thought you were innocent until proven guilty?

jus' sayin'...

Edited by Foxx

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

i thought you were innocent until proven guilty?

jus' sayin'...

Well yes, but that means I don't think he should be put in prison until proven guilty.  I can still have my opinion about what I believe is likely to have happened.