4th & 1, how did LeVeon Bell get that?

Estro

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

I think the Bills covered Bell and the other WR giving space for Crowder and  Darnold took what was given to him.

Yeah, that was another stupid thing Gannon said. The Bills are going to have to start double-teaming Crowder. I thought to myself they were leaving him open to worry about the other guys who actually mattered. Don't get me wrong he's decent, but the gameplan left him as the one open and he is not going to beat you singlehandedly. 

2 hours ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

Whole room at our place went crazy except my dad who caught what happened. It was like that claymation Bills commercial that ESPN used to air a number of years ago.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

I don’t mind Bell for his hold out. He went about it respectfully unlike his teammate. Bell just sat out, didn’t hammer Instagram or hire a social media consultant team to help force his release. Then he signed as a free agent. He also plays a position in the NFL where you likely get one big contract before “expiring” from your prime. Unlike WR’s who are given huge money deals. Yes I just turned this into a Bell Vs AB thing, but one went about it the right way IMO (Bell).

As long as keeps having 14+ catches for under 100 yards I’ll take it all day. 

Agreed.

3 hours ago, Estro said:

Who else was completely fooled and thought we stuffed Le'Veon on that 4th and 1 late in the 4th Q.  I though he was stuffed in the backfield for a negative rush, I was screaming in jubilation.  Then I looked up and saw 1st and 10 with the Jets offense getting ready for the next snap.  WTF!!!??? Who else was totally fooled like me?

They showed a quick replay and it looked like Bell fell forward and squirmed just enough to get the 1st....but it had me totally fooled.

I jumped up and was yelling + celebrating. Didn’t see the replay, then I look up at the TV and Darnold is throwing a pass on 1st & 10 and I was like “WTF is going on here?!”

lol 

Yep. I was totally fooled. 

56 minutes ago, stevewin said:

3-Apocalypse-Now-quotes.gif

2 minutes ago, Beach said:

Bell did a great job on that play and had a few other good runs.... but i thought the announcers were over praising him the whole game.  i didnt think he was that great overall.  

I actually thought Bell was excellent. Got more yards than he should have just about every run, made very difficult catches look routine.

That his final stat line looked so pedestrian, that's the Bills Defense for you.

Edited by Ralonzo

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

Pull back on the reins there a bit, “BEST” back to play the game? He’s got a long way to go to earn that moniker. 

Right now Yep he is one of the best if not the best back to play the game.  He will easily be a First Ballot HOFer

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

He’s a great back and Phillips is only a decent DT. Bell wins that battle almost every time.

Gotta wonder how much of the mental lapses and dumb penalties the Process is going to tolerate before elevating the next Miami refugee Vince Taylor.

I too was high fiving my kids and just pumped. And then I turn around to see the missed long pass attempt. I was really weirded out, totally confused LOL. I had to rewind and watch again... twice. Bell made a  great play, period. No need to blame the tackers on that one. All the end, including the penalty... to the Jets, had me on edge.

4 hours ago, Frez said:

Just imagine if WE had Bell for our RB!

If he was a Bill the refs would have called the play dead on lack of forward progress, and not counted the second push.

4 hours ago, ganesh said:

I think the Bills covered Bell and the other WR giving space for Crowder and  Darnold took what was given to him.

To the whopping tune of 7 yards per reception for Crowder and something like 4.3 yards per attempt for Darnold.  I'll give them that all day long.

1 hour ago, Beach said:

Bell did a great job on that play and had a few other good runs.... but i thought the announcers were over praising him the whole game.  i didnt think he was that great overall.  

I like to think that our run D was just that good, in that Bell actually did well to manage 3.5 ypc.  Like a lesser RB would have only managed 3.0 ypc.  That's how I lived with the annoyance of the CBS crew blowing him all game long.

Count me in the 'thought they made the stop camp'. I think the less than optimal camera angle initially fooled those of us who thought he had been stopped. I was high-fiving a buddy who had come over to watch with me, my wife, and my younger son. We all thought the Bills had held until that unsettling 'WTF?!' moment washed over all of us. Thankfully, everything worked out in the end but not before having to endure several more minutes of angst. Such is the life of a Bills fan.