Who was covering Crowder?

Bakin

2 minutes ago, Bakin said:

14 catches?

yeeebus....

7 yard per reception (that is a Gase offense same thing in MIA.)  Short passes.

Darnold had 4.3 YPA that is NOT winning in this league.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

7 yard per reception (that is a Gase offense same thing in MIA.)  Short passes.

Darnold had 4.3 YPA that is NOT winning in this league.

... and he was targeted 17 times. He generated 5.8 yards per pass attempt, which isn't great. The Bills are always going to allow a guy to make some underneath catches given their stress on preventing big plays to the wideouts.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

If it was Beasley who ended up with 14 catches for 99 yards, posters here would be touting him as the greatest slot WR ever. 

It’s nothing against crowder who I think is pretty good at his job. But the game plan was not to stop the short stuff to crowder. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

... and he was targeted 17 times. He generated 5.8 yards per pass attempt, which isn't great. The Bills are always going to allow a guy to make some underneath catches given their stress on preventing big plays to the wideouts.

Yep. It is amazing to me that people can watch this team every week... we are now in year 3 of McDermott.... and not know what the core principles of the defense are. Did Crowder probably get a few more catches because they spent half the game with Siran Neal at nickel? Yes. But the way the Bills play defense means you can see slot receivers with volume against them. The key is that if the Bills rally and tackle well then those yards don't hurt them.

The all22 isn't out yet but from the broadcast angle it looked to me like the game plan was to take Robby Anderson away. Whichever corner he went up against seemed to have safety help over the top shading to his side. Even Tre White, who the Bills are normally happy to leave in 1v1 a lot seemed to have help when he was against Anderson (again from what one could see from the tv angle, I reserve the right to change my mind later). Anderson - 3 receptions for 23 yards. If the ball kept going to Crowder for short gains over the middle it was a sign that the Bills gameplan was working.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BobChalmers said:

obviously!

I have Beasely on my fantasy team - not PPR

I am an idiot.

yeah I started Beasley in daily fantasy.  Beasley will be okay for you.  Lots of ability to have big yardage games.  

Crowder is going to be a PPR beast I think.