Wanted: Chunk Plays

zow2

The Bills are capable... maybe not like the Chiefs, Eagles, Saints, Pats,...  but the Bills need more chunk plays on offense.

If a team typically needs 8-10+ plays to score points, it's inevitable that something bad will happen along the way.. i.e. penalty, sack, tipped pass, dropped pass,  failed 3rd down conversion, INT, fumble, etc..

Even if it's a Josh Allen 30 yard run, they need to come up with some big yardage plays.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Bills are capable... maybe not like the Chiefs, Eagles, Saints, Pats,...  but the Bills need more chunk plays on offense.

If a team typically needs 8-10+ plays to score points, it's inevitable that something bad will happen along the way.. i.e. penalty, sack, tipped pass, dropped pass,  failed 3rd down conversion, INT, fumble, etc..

Even if it's a Josh Allen 30 yard run, they need to come up with some big yardage plays.

They had some. I mean your Rookie RB ended game with a 17.5 average so I would call that chunk plays. 

Brown had also big plays

off top of my head I can name 5 chunk plays out of just those two. 

Remember for as bad as their CBs are their Safeties are pretty Solid. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 8

With what they tried to accomplish the first half throwing non stop, I have a feeling this is the tip of the iceberg on what they’re expecting this offense to do. I have zero doubts they’re looking to morph this into a big play offense. Let’s keep in mind too the jets are not a scrub defense and gave us some easy looks specifically trying to keep plays in front of them and not give up chunk plays. 

Offense:  six "chunk" plays of 20+ yards and one TD

Defense:  zero "chunk" plays allowed

Is that how this game is played?  If not for the unfortunate turnovers in the first half (three of them were extremely unlucky) we're talking about a different ballgame.

And before anyone chimes in with "but you can't ignore the turnovers" I know that.  I can also read a box score that shows Buffalo outgained the Jets by almost 150 yards.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

OK Chunk Plays are defined as 

Pass Plays over 20 yards

Runs over 10 Yard.

SO with that the Bills had 8 Chunk Plays that were run (a couple incomplete as well)

1st Half

1 - Sweeney Catch - 29 Yards

2 - Brown Catch - 28 yards

2nd Half

3 - Singletary - 20 yard run

4 - Singletary - 23 yard Run

5 - Singeltary - 12 yard run

6 - Singeltary - 12 yard run

7 - Zay Jones Catch - 20 yard

8 - Brown catch - 38 yards

Jets had  3 Chunk Plays

1st Half

1 - Bell - 12 yard run

2 - Bell - 10 yard run

2nd Half

3 - Bell - 11 yard run

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I do not understand why so threads are so negative. We need chunk plays smh.

As many posters have already pointed out there were at least 6 chunk plays. We also saw Allen complete almost 65% of his passes. We also saw Allen do something that you usually only see the Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys doing, and that is come back and win a game that the other team should not have lost.

I am a firm believer that teams need to learn how to win. This team is learning how to win and starting to believe. People need to sit back and trust the process.

Edited by ProcessAccepted
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, zow2 said:

Ya gotta take into account who you're running against also.

Taking multiple deep shots against Gregg WIlliams' defenses is not necessarily a productive or advisable tactic.