Nester

How upset will you be if Josh Allen Plays like Mitch Tubisky on Week 1

I think the only thing that will upset me is if the Bills come out today and continue to play 1950s football by running the ball into a stout DL over and over again despite a lack of success. This team needs to modernize it's approach to offense. The Jets have weak CB play, I'd like to see them gameplan to take advantage of it. If Allen fails, so be it, but put him in a position to succeed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

That is one game, everyone gets the benefit of the doubt on one game, especially the opener.  When you consider MItch did not play preseason at all, the performance is not that surprising.   That game may be show some of what we may see today with the lack of preseason reps, that probably favors the defense at the beginning of the season.

I expect more from him, but he’s young so you never know! 

Allen has only had 2 games where he passed for more yards than MT did on Thursday.  

I don’t think MT is great.  But holy hot takes.  It wasn’t good but it wasn’t that bad.  People overreact to everything.

1 hour ago, MDH said:

I think the only thing that will upset me is if the Bills come out today and continue to play 1950s football by running the ball into a stout DL over and over again despite a lack of success. This team needs to modernize it's approach to offense. The Jets have weak CB play, I'd like to see them gameplan to take advantage of it. If Allen fails, so be it, but put him in a position to succeed.

Great post! 

I would love to see an offensive game plan designed to attack those corners and try to lure them into man coverage, and then beat them with straight up good QB and receiver play.  That's how good teams win for the most part.

Will McDermott instead shoot for a 17-14 victory via a run fest?

Let's hope not.

1 minute ago, Element115 said:

Well his percentage was better but the 4 turnovers, yikes.

You can’t put them all on him. Oh, let’s not forget the W! 

2 minutes ago, Element115 said:

Well his percentage was better but the 4 turnovers, yikes.

14 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Allen 64.8% :thumbsup:

And that includes 2 drops by Cole which also led to one of those turnovers.  And only 2 turnovers were on Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Just now, WorstTEever81 said:

Did Trubisky score 2 TDs and lead his team to a win?

Do not believe so.  Allen = clutch gene.