Gruden keeps 3 QB's to keep Peterman (UPDATE: IR'd)

BigDingus

Just now, Wilton Bills said:

I really do not get all the Nathan Peterman hate/slander posts that continually pop up here. Same for the EJ hate. Time to move on, grow up and quit being so negative. 

I can only speak for me on this but, just like Jason Croom & Connor McDermott, he doesn’t deserve to be collecting an NFL check. Good for all of them for doing it but it is newsworthy that he was placed on IR. 

3 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

I really do not get all the Nathan Peterman hate/slander posts that continually pop up here. Same for the EJ hate. Time to move on, grow up and quit being so negative. 

Slander? OK, so did you actually watch games with them at QB? EJ basically was a project QB who utterly failed to impress (NOTE that Josh Allen LOOKS like a franchise QB with a bad team as a rookie, so no "they threw him to the wolves" nonsense) and his career fizzled when he went elsewhere, so we weren't wrong as labeling him a bust. If he was so damn good, like Tyrod, he would have stuck around as a starter.

So, I'm more than grown, man. When you are the worst Bills QB of all time, you are going to get a lot of negative posts. Deal with it. Like Perry Tuttle, Walt Patulski and other major busts, Bills fans have every right to be negative after such a poor performance and then Allen comes in and suddenly we're rolling. 

37 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.2c7687598351ab1bbbe5b0d9f874630d.jpg

Unending ridicule, or an NFL contract?

Which does he deserve?

Does he Ride the pine?

Or the unemployment line?

Not Late Nate, he’s on Injured Reserve!

Peterman

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Slightly better? I don't think Barkley is a stud but he is a hell of a lot better than Peterman. 

Do we know that? I mean, take a look at Barkley’s first year performances. He wasn’t historically awful like Peterman in San Diego, but he was just a slightly better kind of awful. He did have one big game for the Bills, but I see a lot of folks ready to forget that he was “just another USC QB bust” about 10 months ago ...

51 minutes ago, Wilton Bills said:

What is the slander?

I don't hate Peterman the man, but Peterman the QB set records - the league record for most INTs thrown in 100 passing attempts, the league record for most INTs thrown in a half etc etc.    I get flack for suggesting a TD/INT record of 1.5 is OK for a successful NFL QB (not a great QB, just a guy you can win with and build around).  Peterman has a TD/INT record of 0.25 (12 INT to 3 TD).  He's got a career QBR of 32.5.  Those are not the kind of records you want to set.

Those are not slanders, they're facts.  Find me another rookie QB with those stats who is still in the league, and I'll concede you a point.

And frankly, if snakebit long-time Bills fans look at Peterman's record in the NFL and feel the shiver-fingers down their spine wondering if McDermott and Beane really are all that, HOW could they go into the season with Peterman as the team's annointed starter and no other QB on the roster but a known-to-be-raw rookie - well, they're entitled.  This wasn't in the distant past, this was just last year!  The only thing I can figure is that Peterman must have something in the film room and on the whiteboard that acts on OCs and QB coaches like catnip on cats - they simply can't resist it

• Like (+1) 3

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Gruden keeps 3 QB's to keep Peterman (UPDATE: IR'd)
1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

What is the slander?

I don't hate Peterman the man, but Peterman the QB set records - the league record for most INTs thrown in 100 passing attempts, the league record for most INTs thrown in a half etc etc.    I get flack for suggesting a TD/INT record of 1.5 is OK for a successful NFL QB (not a great QB, just a guy you can win with and build around).  Peterman has a TD/INT record of 0.25 (12 INT to 3 TD).  He's got a career QBR of 32.5.  Those are not the kind of records you want to set.

Those are not slanders, they're facts.  Find me another rookie QB with those stats who is still in the league, and I'll concede you a point.

And frankly, if snakebit long-time Bills fans look at Peterman's record in the NFL and feel the shiver-fingers down their spine wondering if McDermott and Beane really are all that, HOW could they go into the season with Peterman as the team's annointed starter and no other QB on the roster but a known-to-be-raw rookie - well, they're entitled.  This wasn't in the distant past, this was just last year!  The only thing I can figure is that Peterman must have something in the film room and on the whiteboard that acts on OCs and QB coaches like catnip on cats - they simply can't resist it

I really do apologize. I can't stop myself with these "Burma Shave" style quips.

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.e108f74d73f7293d894705c7e0ab4883.jpg

like catnip on cats - the coach can't resist it

It must be some sort of dark art

If he is indeed talented,

Most of us missed it

His long ball’s as weak as a fart

Peterman

Edited by Rocky Landing

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Do we know that? I mean, take a look at Barkley’s first year performances. He wasn’t historically awful like Peterman in San Diego, but he was just a slightly better kind of awful. He did have one big game for the Bills, but I see a lot of folks ready to forget that he was “just another USC QB bust” about 10 months ago ...

And Peterman is by almost every metric the worst Quarterback to start multiple NFL games. People seem to have forgotten just how bad he was. A normal QB bust is still significantly better than Nathan Peterman. EJ Manuel was significantly better than Nathan Peterman. 

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Phew. That saves me a bet....

Equally I don't consider...

There’s a set of extenuating circumstances that could tie that bet up in litigation for years!  ?

Good sight he’s on IR.  Someone might have claimed him had he been placed on Oakland’s Uber squad.

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't hate Peterman the man

My only problem with Peterman the man was when he told us fans after he cost us the Houston game with another of his pick 6 specials that we couldn't judge him because we are not his God. No Nathan. I am a real human. With eyes. And a brain. I watched you and I can judge you.

Othere than that he seemed like a decent, humble sort of fellow. But he was an utterly atrocious NFL Quarterback. Statistically the worst NFL Quarterback to make multiple NFL starts in fact.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

And Peterman is by almost every metric the worst Quarterback to start multiple NFL games. People seem to have forgotten just how bad he was. A normal QB bust is still significantly better than Nathan Peterman. EJ Manuel was significantly better than Nathan Peterman. 

I'm not denying the obvious .... Peterman set a new standard. 

But Barkley was, in fact, horrid as a rookie:

30-49, 0 TD, 4 INT, 44.6 QB rating. It's easier to miss because it was spread out between 3 games.

And he wasn't even EJ Manuel quality when he finally got a chance to start with the Bears:

8 TD, 14 INT, 68.3 QB rating, 1-5 record as a starter.

I don't think it's inconceivable that when all is said and done Nate Peterman will have a career that is the equal of Matt Barkley's. Which probably says more about how fans are suggesting we have one of the best backup QBs in football than it does about anything else, which is my general point here ...

• Thank you (+1) 1