Gruden keeps 3 QB's to keep Peterman (UPDATE: IR'd)

BigDingus

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Is that not a fact? 

Gunner, I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish here. 

You think he doesn't belong in the NFL. I think people have over exaggerated what happened to him and that he does belong in the NFL. 

A Superbowl winning coach agrees with me (and not you). 

What else is there to discuss here? 

8 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Gunner, I don't understand what you are trying to accomplish here. 

You think he doesn't belong in the NFL. I think people have over exaggerated what happened to him and that he does belong in the NFL. 

A Superbowl winning coach agrees with me (and not you). 

What else is there to discuss here? 

The fact that the evidence on the field supports my view. And there is plenty if it. The last QB John Gruden got right was Rich Gannon. 

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

The fact that the evidence on the field supports my view. And there is plenty if it. The last QB John Gruden got right was Rich Gannon. 

The evidence on the field is that his O-Line couldn't protect him and his receivers couldn't run good routes or not tip the ball. Same thing a super bowl winning coach saw. Please forgive me for thinking it is more likely he is right than you. I know that may seem crazy, but I am not persuaded by your "eye test." 

49 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

The evidence on the field is that his O-Line couldn't protect him and his receivers couldn't run good routes or not tip the ball. Same thing a super bowl winning coach saw. Please forgive me for thinking it is more likely he is right than you. I know that may seem crazy, but I am not persuaded by your "eye test." 

Think what you want. It is simply not true that ever pick is a wrong route or a tip. I will let you die on the Peterman hill. Must be lonely up there. Gruden loved him so much he thought he was his 4th best Quarterback option. 

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think what you want. It is simply not true that ever pick is a wrong route or a tip. I will let you die on the Peterman hill. Must be lonely up there. Gruden loved him so much he thought he was his 4th best Quarterback option. 

You know he brought in the extra qb when peterman went on IR, right? 

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Not true, they claimed Kizer and then put Peterman on “IR.” 

Why do you think they needed to claim a QB. The injury happened before waivers. You have to twist yourself in a serious pretzel to believe this.

It would have been much easier to just cut him.

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

3 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

This is so blown out of proportion. 

For his five interception game, the first interception was a tipped ball, the second he was hit as he threw, the third he was hit as he threw, the fourth was on him, and the fifth the receiver ran the wrong route.  

Peterman doesn't deserve nearly as much hate as he gets. 

I was at that game, and I can tell you-- the five interceptions only tell half the story. The other half of the story is equally bad.

20 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Why do you think they needed to claim a QB. The injury happened before waivers. You have to twist yourself in a serious pretzel to believe this.

We aren’t that naive are we? Guys get placed on IR because they don’t have a roster spot all of the time!!! The Bills did it with Vosean Joseph this year. 

17 of the leagues 32 teams kept 2 QBs last year. Gruden is a moron. No team in the league needed to protect Kizer or Peterman (the two lowest rated passers in the NFL since they entered the league). Gruden went all in on Peterman pre-draft. He was obviously wrong as his 32.5 passer rating and 9.2% INT percentage both rank 356 of 356 qualifying QBs (in other words LAST).  He likes Peterman the guy so he made sure that he got paid. It’s entirely possible that they reach an injury settlement and he never is active for an NFL game again. In fact, that is probably the likely outcome. 

42 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You know he brought in the extra qb when peterman went on IR, right? 

I know he put Peterman on his 53 submitted a claim on Kizer and then IR'd Peterman. If they had not successfully claimed Kizer do you think Peterman would have been IR'd? 

Edited by GunnerBill

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I know he put Peterman on his 53 submitted a claim on Kizer and then IR'd Peterman. If they had not successfully claimed Kizer do you think Peterman would have been IR'd? 

Oh good, conspiracy theories. This thread is going well.

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands

12 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Oh good, conspiracy theories. This thread is going well.

You can’t be this naive can you? Teams do this ALL THE TIME!! The Bills did it. It’s a loophole in the CBA that every team takes advantage of. That’s not a conspiracy theory at all. It’s how teams legally work around roster limitations. This is how the Bills protected Joseph from waivers/PS. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You can’t be this naive can you? Teams do this ALL THE TIME!! The Bills did it. It’s a loophole in the CBA that every team takes advantage of. That’s not a conspiracy theory at all. It’s how teams legally work around roster limitations. This is how the Bills protected Joseph from waivers/PS. 

He has a one year contract. Cut or IR, it doesn’t make a difference. But if they put him on the IR after the 53, they get to bring him back after 8 weeks. If what you are saying is true, there is no benefit to IRing him instead of cutting him. You gave to understand the IR rules to get this.

3 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

He has a one year contract. Cut or IR, it doesn’t make a difference. But if they put him on the IR after the 53, they get to bring him back after 8 weeks. If what you are saying is true, there is no benefit to IRing him instead of cutting him. You gave to understand the IR rules to get this.

I get the rules. Peterman will not start another NFL game. Why? Because he is terrible. 

29 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We aren’t that naive are we? Guys get placed on IR because they don’t have a roster spot all of the time!!! The Bills did it with Vosean Joseph this year. 

17 of the leagues 32 teams kept 2 QBs last year. Gruden is a moron. No team in the league needed to protect Kizer or Peterman (the two lowest rated passers in the NFL since they entered the league). Gruden went all in on Peterman pre-draft. He was obviously wrong as his 32.5 passer rating and 9.2% INT percentage both rank 356 of 356 qualifying QBs (in other words LAST).  He likes Peterman the guy so he made sure that he got paid. It’s entirely possible that they reach an injury settlement and he never is active for an NFL game again. In fact, that is probably the likely outcome. 

No we should respect Gruden Kirbs. He won a Superbowl with Brad Johnson at QB. #Guru. 

Here is what is not a conspiracy theory:

In almost every single statistical category Nathan Peterman is the worst NFL QB to ever start multiple games.

That isn't eye test. It just happens to match what the eye test sees.

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get the rules. Peterman will not start another NFL game. Why? Because he is terrible. 

No we should respect Gruden Kirbs. He won a Superbowl with Brad Johnson at QB. #Guru. 

Why do you need to be right so bad? We had an agreed to disagree moment. If you really need this, I’ll give you a W. You seem to desperately need it.

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Why do you need to be right so bad? We had an agreed to disagree moment. If you really need this, I’ll give you a W. You seem to desperately need it.

I don't desperately need it. It is just beyond any reasonable debate at this point. 

Bill Belichick once signed Tim Tebow. That didn't make Tebow good either. 

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Sure big guy

Get salty if you like but trying to pretend the eye test tells a story that is different from the reality because an NFL Head Coach thought he was worth being a 3rd or 4th QB is not really a position of strength to be arguing from. 

Get salty if you like but trying to pretend the eye test tells a story that is different from the reality because an NFL Head Coach thought he was worth being a 3rd or 4th QB is not really a position of strength to be arguing from. 

Sure it is. You’re the one who said he shouldn’t be in the nfl. I said he should. Guess who is right here? Let it go guy. 

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Sure it is. You’re the one who said he shouldn’t be in the nfl. I said he should. Guess who is right here? Let it go guy. 

He shouldn't. He never should have been as any more than camp fodder. The Bills thought he was better than that. His play on the field proved me right and them wrong. This is not a controversial opinion. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

He shouldn't. He never should have been as any more than camp fodder. The Bills thought he was better than that. His play on the field proved me right and them wrong. This is not a controversial opinion. 

Nope. Just wrong based on the fact he is still in the NFL. But I can’t do this all night. Enjoy the last word. Good luck, seems like you have a tough life ahead of you. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.f4b559b1beb90d599fce18a5ac3812e3.PNG

Add it to the list!! 

People always say that I’m irrational on Peterman. Maybe so but this is why!! People defend him as a viable option at QB when he has in fact performed WORSE than any QB with the same opportunity. It bothers me that people don’t see that. He is stealing a job from EJ, Kaep, Heinicke, Savage, Weeden, Cassel, Fales, Brock, Landry Jones, etc... Each of those guys has performed better and are out of work. You earn your job in the NFL (unless the HC of your team fell in love with you in the pre-draft process and can’t admit that he was wrong).

Good for Nate for stealing a check from those guys. He doesn’t need to apologize for that but any rational, objective person knows that he hasn’t earned it with his play. He survives by being a nice guy and a lovable underdog. Every NFL egomaniac (ie Gruden) wants to prove that they are the one smart enough to fix, statistically, the worst QB ever. It’s a legacy play too.

2 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

You cannot cut an injured player.  Player needs to either have injury settlement or IR.

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Yes when his elbow is better he can continue to practice throwing balls to DBs.

LOL....right there pretty much sums it up...Gruden is the very slim minority who thinks this guy is good????  God help Oakland fans if Carr-Glennon go down.....