Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

We dont have anyone at running back that is a HR threat, and yes McCoy even at 75% of his prime is still one.

Wade needs to develope quickly.

If speed is what you want, why are you so broken up over Shady?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rbleyle said:

After the trades and cuts we should have a pretty healthy cap number both this year and heading into next.  Just from shady and Bodine we added more than $8 Mil.  

Spotrac has them at $32.6M with the top-51, which should be $31 with the 53.

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

Who ***** cares about the cap. How about some ***** wins. 

Well, you need cap space to sign more players. 

Making room for Clowney?  Ha. Kidding but you know what I mean. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

A lock from when? Since the day they were drafted? Of course not.

it was kind of my point...…...I agree with you so hence the shock I would even question he being named to the roster is a bit ironic....I think he WILL be on the roster and am happy we found a guy who can contribute that late in the draft. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Its a subjective call many wouldn't have predicted Duke Williams being cut either. Yes it would have been an unlikely surprise I believe he has earned it but have there been guaranteed 7th round locks in Bills history? 

Duke was a 50/50 call. Not suggesting Sweeney was a lock from the get-go, but by all accounts he has earned it esp. when Knox was out.

3 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Its a subjective call many wouldn't have predicted Duke Williams being cut either. Yes it would have been an unlikely surprise I believe he has earned it but have there been guaranteed 7th round locks in Bills history? 

Duke not making the team shouldn't have caught anyone off guard. He caught 2 nice jump ball TDs, but once you got away from jump balls he didn't do much. Averaged under 9 yards a catch against talent he should've been dominating. He's already 26 years old & way too slow to play WR in the NFL. IMO Sweeney has been pretty much a lock for several weeks now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With Pitts, Lacy, and McCoy cut, I think that puts Perry on the roster. Depth RB with ST ability. 

Edit: or they could find somebody else off waivers to fill that role. Perry didn't necessarily impress when he got his chances. 

Edited by Philo Beddoe
  • Like (+1) 1