Fitzpatrick officially named starter in Miami

HappyDays

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I’m not arguing that Barkley should start over Allen.  My point was in a true open competition, it’s very easy for a veteran to look better than a 2nd year qb, especially one learning a brand new offense.  

I just don’t know why there is a rush to try to label qbs as busts.  It’s literally the hardest position to learn in sports and we expect guys to master it in a couple of years.  Fitz is a great example of this.  Dude had his best year in year 10.

Yeah but as I mentioned, Fitz is what he is whereas Rosen is just beginning.  If he shows something, let him start and get the future going. Otherwise you're just wasting time.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

You didn’t think Peterman “won” the start after his performance in preseason?

No.  He was also facing backups in the 2nd and 3rd pre-season game.  And  I knew he was a dud from watching him the year before.

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It really isn't. 

It's been noted before by wiser football heads than mine that it's seldom a good idea to hold a preseason QB battle between a vet and a green player because the veteran will almost invariably beat out the young player just based on experience with defensive pattern recognition and speed of picking up the playbook.  Even if said vet has a Cassel-esque noodle arm and has a well-established ceiling the younger player has potential to surpass.

See above.

10 hours ago, Doc said:

Rookies are learning a new offense and they start.  Plus everyone knows that Fitz is a bridge QB at best and if you think the younger guy has anything, you go with him and let him develop, especially on a rebuilding team like Miami is.  It's a bad sign.

Yes it is a bad sign If you are a Phish Phan.

No it is a good sign if you are a Bills fan.

Thank you for being mouth for Phish Phans or Allen's agent.

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

In some alternative universe, Fitzy is getting picked up by a very good team with an injured QB, and he's going all Nick Foles on us ...

I am sure Frank Reich would love some Fritz and probably could make it clear to him while he is on field he needs to be a little more careful unless he gives word.

10 hours ago, DolFAN93 said:

Dolphins fan here. I don't come in peace ?

Rosen has actually looked better than Fitzy over the past 3 weeks. His pocket-presence and accuracy have improved a lot; just needs to get the ball out faster. The reason I think Rosen will not start now is because the offensive line sucks and they want to protect their investment (Rosen). We face four of the best defenses back-to-back in weeks 1-4. Let Fitzy have his wild 300 yards 3 TD games early then throw the young guy in when Fitz gets hurt. 

The Clowney interest actually makes sense if the plan is to turn the team around quick. No matter who plays QB this year, the OL is so bad that it will not allow said QB to run a functioning offense.  They already have some young pieces at CB, LB, DT, and WR but literally nothing at DE. If the recent reports are true, Houston offered a 1st and Clowney for Tunsil. Tunsil is one of the best LT in the league so the question then becomes do you want either Fitzy and Rosen running for their lives with help on the left side or do you want a competent defense and Fitzy/Rosen running for their lives? Regardless of whatever option they choose, the goal is to look towards the future. 

1. We keep Tunsil but our pass-rush suffers. We have a projected 13 picks in next year's draft and $120+ million in cap space next year. Draft your QB, sign or draft a DE, shore up OL in free agency, etc.

2. We lose Tunsil but gain Clowney, an extra 1st next year, and apparently our GM wants more. We now have a projected 14 or 15, four or five in the first two rounds, picks in next year's draft and $120+ million in cap space next year. The defense should be set outside of free safety so all of the resources would go into the offense. Draft a QB, shore up the offensive line in FA/draft, pay Clowney, etc.

Your team is terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

What’s wrong with it?  I did change it to a lot but he is definitely the second best qb, right now, in the division.  

And you post the same boring crap I stopped McDermott (“I love McBeane and if you don’t, I hate you”)

How many terrible qbs have you wanted over the year?  And doing a victory lap, when our own qb has a ton of work to do himself, at the start of their second season seems dumb. 

only you have wanted more horrible QBs. But dont you worry Allen will be great, oh no i cursed him, old and tired, yawn try knowing something about football already.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/29/2019 at 11:31 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fitz would beat out a lot of starting qbs.  As of right now, he’s the second best qb in the division.  

Smh, that is just a ridiculous statement. This is how I look at the ranks of the divisions QB's:

Brady

Darnold/Allen too close to tell right now

Barkley 

Fitzpatrick 

Rosen

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Smh, that is just a ridiculous statement. This is how I look at the ranks of the divisions QB's:

Brady

Darnold/Allen too close to tell right now

Barkley 

Fitzpatrick 

Rosen

It is a ridiculous statement.  Fitz's history is one of playing well for a few games and then being a tire fire.  If you're looking to win your first few games and then lose the rest, he's the 2nd best QB in the division!

12 hours ago, Simstim said:

Who went to Harvard.

Irony much?

what does going to harvard have to do with being a working mans hero? the way I read that is rosen was an entitled little boy, no working man likes an entitled little boy. whereas fitz is gritty, tough and a gunslinger. a working mans type of player. dig what I'm saying.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

On 8/30/2019 at 12:57 PM, DolFAN93 said:

And that's why I'm opposed to Clowney. If he doesn't want to be here, don't make this trade. Tunsil is healthy and is one of the best players on the team. 

I would have to find the article but the plan isn't to tank but to look at least competent while losing. Our owner Stephen Ross is trying to keep fans in the seats since this is a business at the end of the day. 4-12 is the goal imo. Not terrible, given our circumstances, but enough wins and competitive losses to keep fans coming and to give hope for the future. 

So looks like Armando Salguero's article from last spring was on the money.  You all are tanking big time and probably won't need to use any draft ammo for Tua, if that is who your GM is targeting.  I don't know how good of a GM Chris Greer is, but he can't screw up the 2020 or 2021 draft with all the high picks he has.  

Not sure how Ross is going to fill the stadium this year; if I lived in South Florida, no way would I want to watch the Dolphins. I'd rather go fishing or swimming or play golf or chase lizards.  It will be a very long season for the Miami Dolphins.  The bright side is they can be set up nicely for a very long time after this year.

10 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what does going to harvard have to do with being a working mans hero? the way I read that is rosen was an entitled little boy, no working man likes an entitled little boy. whereas fitz is gritty, tough and a gunslinger. a working mans type of player. dig what I'm saying.

I think it is ironic that a working man's hero went to the Ivy League.

But to be clear, I'm not denying him the title of working man's hero. I probably agree. Certainly agree with all you say about him.

Personally I think the thing about millenials being entitled is utter, erm, bull dung. All older people seem to think that the next generation are a waste of time in one way or another. It's something I have seen over my - not entirely short - life.

Doesn't mean that Rosen isn't though. He certainly comes across like that and I was thoroughly unsurprised that we went for Allen over him in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Fins did Rosen a favor by not starting him right away.  Poor Fitz is going to destroyed. 

Did they?  It's not like the OL will magically get better, so when Rosen is forced to play after Fitz gets destroyed...

Just now, Doc said:

Did they?  It's not like the OL will magically get better, so when Rosen is forced to play after Fitz gets destroyed...

He'll have a few more weeks to familiarize himself with the playbook at least. Maybe work on his scrambling and throwing on the run skills too. He'll need them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simstim said:

I think it is ironic that a working man's hero went to the Ivy League.

But to be clear, I'm not denying him the title of working man's hero. I probably agree. Certainly agree with all you say about him.

Personally I think the thing about millenials being entitled is utter, erm, bull dung. All older people seem to think that the next generation are a waste of time in one way or another. It's something I have seen over my - not entirely short - life.

Doesn't mean that Rosen isn't though. He certainly comes across like that and I was thoroughly unsurprised that we went for Allen over him in the draft.

it's not "all" older people thinking that way. I don't believe the next generation has any less or more of a chance to succeed than the one before, or after for that matter. there were also self entitled brats in my generation and the one before, so it's not necessarily a millennial thing. rosen made his own bed, now he has to sleep in it. not saying he will be totally unsuccessful but at this point his feet are not on solid ground yet to be able to prove anything and on his second gig, backing up ole fitz. should be interesting to see whether the bills can take advantage of their, at this point, team dismantling/rebuilding process. I suspect a sweep.

time will tell.