Fitzpatrick officially named starter in Miami

HappyDays

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know. Fitz isn’t some scrub.  He was a better qb than Winston last year who was the number 1 overall pick.  Didn’t he just set records for 400 yard passing games in a row?  Obviously bad Fitz will show up but there are way worse qbs to a lose a job to, especially when you are learning your 2nd nfl offense in 2 years. 

So here's the point: if you "win" a job but then weeks later can't hang on to it, you're not a good QB.  Who does Fitz typically beat out in these QB competitions, anyway?

He's a smart guy (did you know he went to Harvard?) and can learn a playbook, but he can't consistently make the sort of quality NFL throws he needs to make to be a regular starting QB.  He is the perfect 2-3 game fill-in starter if your main guy goes down.  Anything more than that and you're doomed to failure.  And for a guy as smart as he is Fitz falls victim to "hero ball" more than he should.

The real problem, though, is that Fitz is clearly a witch.  If he arrives on the roster and you're the current 1st string QB, your head better be on a swivel.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Hard Knocks: Miami Edition is starting to make a lot of sense for 2020.

They might be wise to get a crew down there now to film some ‘Last Season’ footage.  ?

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The solution to that dilemma is obvious though. Trade for Jadaveon Clowney. 

No, the solution to that dilemma is to buy him a copy of ‘The Elements of Style’ by William Strunk, Jr.

I was blasted by the Rosen fan boys of this board (and there were many) when I said that one of the reasons Rosen's stock continued to fall after the draft was because of how much of an insufferable douche he can be.

He still continues to be that same guy.

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Flores was pretty up-front and laid it out there:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-saints-notes-20190829-ned7kq567bg57nabpjjurwcgna-story.html

"When Rosen worked with the first-team offense,...... Flores was rightfully critical of his young player’s performance. Flores challenged Rosen to improve his body language and on-field demeanor, while adding Rosen needs to get rid of the football faster, and have better decision making regarding throwing risky passes while trying to avoid sacks.

Flores also shared a hypothetical quarterback philosophy in recent weeks, where he said a young quarterback like Rosen should spend some time on the bench to absorb the offense, while developing a hunger and gratitude to have such an opportunity to be a starting NFL quarterback."

Sounds as though Flores feels Rosen needs to be humbled a bit, as well as to do a better job of applying what he's been told. So he's applying a "tincture of Time (on the bench)"

Na, na, don't be hasty.  Fitz named as starter for Game 1 does not mean Fitz will remain the starter for game 5, or game 6, much less game 16.

This right here ^^^^

And frankly it’s the obvious decision for the fish to make, it’s a bit baffling that some don’t grasp this.  Oh, and F the Phins

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There is no equivalent to experience in games. You can only learn so much on the sidelines. I wanted Josh to start from day one in OTAs, and I think he would be further along in his development if he did. 

At the same time, not much can be gained when your team gives up 17 sacks in under 2.5 seconds. That Arizona line is historically bad and I'm not sure anything but bad habits could be developed. I expect much of the same for them this year. 

26 minutes ago, Magox said:

I was blasted by the Rosen fan boys of this board (and there were many) when I said that one of the reasons Rosen's stock continued to fall after the draft was because of how much of an insufferable douche he can be.

He still continues to be that same guy.

See the Rodgers post for bias. Basically the same type of guy that teammates generally like and fans hate. A lot of people on here are still hurt that he doesn't like Trump. I'm not trying to make this a political post, but there was a lot of hate when the picture came out and it's remained. There is no other reason to hate an opposing QB so much and we haven't even played him yet.

Edited by Trogdor
  • Like (+1) 1

This makes me believe the rumors about an unhappy locker room. Fitz looks better right now today. Fitz has reached the pinnacle of what he can be. A below average starting QB in the league but a great backup that can win some games filling in for an injured starting QB. In a perfect scenario I am sure the Dolphins would like to play Rosen and see what he is. So either the Dolphins are afraid of the team or afraid of scarring Rosen even more, or both. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

See the Rodgers post for bias. Basically the same type of guy that teammates generally like and fans hate. A lot of people on here are still hurt that he doesn't like Trump. I'm not trying to make this a political post, but there was a lot of hate when the picture came out and it's remained. There is no other reason to hate an opposing QB so much and we haven't even played him yet.

It's not a matter of hate but a matter of how much of a douchebag he has shown to be.

7 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Of all the utterly stupifying things you've posted here, THIS may be the mother of them all.

What’s wrong with it?  I did change it to a lot but he is definitely the second best qb, right now, in the division.  

And you post the same boring crap I stopped McDermott (“I love McBeane and if you don’t, I hate you”)

5 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

And sooo many wanted Rosen.

way to go Fitzy hope you make it this time, while your team loses.

How many terrible qbs have you wanted over the year?  And doing a victory lap, when our own qb has a ton of work to do himself, at the start of their second season seems dumb.