Fitzpatrick officially named starter in Miami

HappyDays

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

What’s wrong with it you little nerd?  I did change it to a lot but he is definitely the second best qb, right now, in the division.  

And you post the same boring crap I stopped McDermott (“I love McBeane and if you don’t, I hate you”)

Fitz is a known commodity.

He's a guy who can win you one or two games, then lose you 4 or 5 in horrible fashion. If you don't understand that, knucklehead, then you don't understand football.

To say he's the 2nd best QB in the division is either rank stupidity, or blatant trolling. Either way, not a good look for you.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Chemical said:

No I know what youre saying. If you don’t have a rebuttal it’s ok. But don’t try to pretend I’m not comprehending you. 

I gave you a very valid reason why they may want to sit Rosen instead of “seeing what they have”  

it happens to be the same reason the Bills intended to sit Allen last season, except swap out Fitz for Peterman. 

I just shudder when I read that last.  No one who watched his game film should have thought Peterman was a capable NFL QB.  No one.

• Like (+1) 1

You have no idea what the players think of Rosen.  Players do love Fitz though. 

Rosen isn't a leader and it is well reported through his career that teammates don't like him much, in general.

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Fitz is a known commodity.

He's a guy who can win you one or two games, then lose you 4 or 5 in horrible fashion. If you don't understand that, knucklehead, then you don't understand football.

To say he's the 2nd best QB in the division is either rank stupidity, or blatant trolling. Either way, not a good look for you.

You’re so right dude.  There is no way a guy who averaged 295 yards passing/ game, competing 68% of his passes, and a 100 qb rating is better than a 52% passer, who averaged 173 yards passing/ game, with a 67.9 qb rating.  No way.  Allen and Darnold are better, right now, because they were drafted higher.  Because that’s how it always works.  Thanks for explaining football to me. ?

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Rosen isn't a leader and it is well reported through his career that teammates don't like him much, in general.

Find me the report from Miami. 

5 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I wanted Watson the year before the Rosen/Allen draft, and I'm not sure he'll be as good as I thought now.  And I really wanted Rosen over Allen.

Good thing I'm not an NFL GM.  Good thing most of us aren't.

Hopefully Allen is better.  But it’s way too early for this. I mean did I watch a different Allen? His passing stats are basically what Rosen has.  It’s not like he was Baker. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I don't really get this Fitz isn't the guy, and if Rosen isn't and is worse then Fitz then what's the worse that could happen, you'd get better draft position to take the actual guy?

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

Sweet Christ, can you please use some commas and periods next time? :D

Better?

I, don,t really,, get, this, Fitz, isn,t, the, guy,,,,, and, if, Rosen, isn,t,,, and,,,, is, worse, then, Fitz,,,,,, then, what,s, the, worse, that, could, happen,,,,, you,d, ge,t better, draft, position, to, take, the, actual, guy,,,,?

Better?  He actually used SOME commas and it was a question so no period.

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Magox said:

It's not a matter of hate but a matter of how much of a douchebag he has shown to be.

When and how? All I've ever heard him say is things you expect from players. Confidence is not usually a reason for such hate. 

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

It is?

pundits don’t like him but I thought it was generally reported his actual teammates do like him.

Now that he doesn’t inspire them to play up a level, that I’ll believe

21 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hopefully Allen is better.  But it’s way too early for this. I mean did I watch a different Allen? His passing stats are basically what Rosen has.  It’s not like he was Baker. 

Rosen is 0 for 2 now as far as franchises.

23 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re so right dude.  There is no way a guy who averaged 295 yards passing/ game, competing 68% of his passes, and a 100 qb rating is better than a 52% passer, who averaged 173 yards passing/ game, with a 67.9 qb rating.  No way.  Allen and Darnold are better, right now, because they were drafted higher.  Because that’s how it always works.  Thanks for explaining football to me. ?

So, by this logic, is Nate Peterman a better NFL starter today than Trevor Lawrence?

What has Rosen shown that gives any indication that the “it” factor could be uncovered with him? Allen’s measurable results all trended higher the deeper into the season he went, to say nothing of his raw athleticism/arm cannon of which Rosen possesses neither in spades? So who has larger upside? 

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Rosen is 0 for 2 now as far as franchises.

So if Rosen ends up playing and does fairly well, is he not 0-2.  Here’s my crazy thought.  Let’s let their careers play out before we say how they turned out.  I mean I know we have a guy with a 67 qb rating and we should be puffing our our chests but there is a long way to go.  

• Like (+1) 1

So if Rosen ends up playing and does fairly well, is he not 0-2.  Here’s my crazy thought.  Let’s let their careers play out before we say how they turned out.  I mean I know we have a guy with a 67 qb rating and we should be puffing our our chests but there is a long way to go.  

It's a really bad sign that a 2nd year high draft pick can't beat out a journeyman who is on his 8th team. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So, by this logic, is Nate Peterman a better NFL starter today than Trevor Lawrence?

This just melted my brain.  I don’t know what this means.  Fitz was a lot better than Allen and Darnold last year.  First round picks bust all the time so it’s stupid to automatically assume that Allen or Darnold will be better than Fitz.  If either of those guys have those numbers, we will talk about them being the next great young QBs.

so of course, no one is trading Fitz for either of those guys.  But as of right now (as I originally said), he’s the second best qb in the division.  He is on the worst team though. 

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's a really bad sign that a 2nd year high draft pick can't beat out a journeyman who is on his 8th team. 

He is learning a new offense on an entirely new team.  And Fitz had numbers last year we kill for Allen to have.  Was it a bad sign that Allen couldn’t beat out Peterman (possibly the worst qb in the nfl) or that Matt Barkley (career 67 qb rating) has looked like the fair superior qb this preseason?

all of these guys have a long way to go and a lot of progress to hopefully make.  Jim Kelly wasn’t even in the nfl 2 years after college.  Aaron Rodgers didn’t leave the bench for his first 3 years.  Kurt Warner was stocking groceries.  Long, long way to go. 

P.S. this is a place that had a 50 page thread laughing at Mahomes throwing INTs in training camp practice last year.  Maybe we should chill on the overrracting. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This just melted my brain.  I don’t know what this means.  Fitz was a lot better than Allen and Darnold last year.  First round picks bust all the time so it’s stupid to automatically assume that Allen or Darnold will be better than Fitz.  If either of those guys have those numbers, we will talk about them being the next great young QBs.

so of course, no one is trading Fitz for either of those guys.  But as of right now (as I originally said), he’s the second best qb in the division.  He is on the worst team though. 

He is learning a new offense on an entirely new team.  And Fitz had numbers last year we kill for Allen to have.  Was it a bad sign that Allen couldn’t beat out Peterman (possibly the worst qb in the nfl) or that Matt Barkley (career 67 qb rating) has looked like the fair superior qb this preseason?

all of these guys have a long way to go and a lot of progress to hopefully make.  Jim Kelly wasn’t even in the nfl 2 years after college.  Aaron Rodgers didn’t leave the bench for his first 3 years.  Kurt Warner was stocking groceries.  Long, long way to go. 

Let it go, man.

Rosen blows.

• Like (+1) 1