Fitzpatrick officially named starter in Miami

HappyDays

6 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Or it could end up like the 2012 draft...

Right, which is why it is up to Chris Greer to nail the next two drafts.  Reading up on Greer, he spent time in New England working with Parcells, Carroll, and Belichick.  Some of the guys he was instrumental in drafting in Miami include Tunsil, Kenyan Drake, Mike Pouncey, Jake Long, and Jay Ajayi.  He'd definitely not Mike Tannenbaum.

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

it's not "all" older people thinking that way. I don't believe the next generation has any less or more of a chance to succeed than the one before, or after for that matter. there were also self entitled brats in my generation and the one before, so it's not necessarily a millennial thing. rosen made his own bed, now he has to sleep in it. not saying he will be totally unsuccessful but at this point his feet are not on solid ground yet to be able to prove anything and on his second gig, backing up ole fitz. should be interesting to see whether the bills can take advantage of their, at this point, team dismantling/rebuilding process. I suspect a sweep.

time will tell.

You pull me up correctly. I absolutely shouldn't have said all. In my head, I just meant all those that complain. My apologies.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simstim said:

You pull me up correctly. I absolutely shouldn't have said all. In my head, I just meant all those that complain. My apologies.

all good man. trust me, I'm not the most easy going "boomer", old head, dinosaur or whatever one is referenced as here in the 21st century. I certainly can ruffle some feathers with my views and beliefs and I'm far from perfect so no need for the apologies.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

what does going to harvard have to do with being a working mans hero? the way I read that is rosen was an entitled little boy, no working man likes an entitled little boy. whereas fitz is gritty, tough and a gunslinger. a working mans type of player. dig what I'm saying.

I dig what you're saying, I'm saying you're the poster child for "perception is reality"

Except that reality is reality and perception doesn't make PR into reality.

Did you see the pounding Rosen took for Zona last year?  He's plenty gritty and tough, and one of his problems is trying to make something happen by making risky throws when he oughtta throw it away (iow being too much gunslinger)

52 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The Fins did Rosen a favor by not starting him right away.  Poor Fitz is going to destroyed. 

He might. 

My guess is he'll just throw more picks trying to make instant decisions and get the ball out super quickly before he gets laminated.

But that was my instant reaction to the Tunsil thing "sucks to be you right now, Fitzy"

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dig what you're saying, I'm saying you're the poster child for "perception is reality"

Except that reality is reality and perception doesn't make PR into reality.

you are correct on all counts.

Which is greater perception or reality?
Perception is more important than reality. If someone perceives something to be true, it is more important than if it is in fact true. This doesn't mean you should be duplicitous or deceitful, but don't go out of your way to correct a false assumption if it plays to your advantage.

Do you believe perception is reality?
“When truth is blurred by lies and misinformation, perception becomes reality and all is lost.” What people perceive is usually what they believe, and this is based on what they hear, see and think. Most of the time we cannot control what happens but we can always control our reactions.

• 2 months later...