Fitzpatrick officially named starter in Miami

HappyDays

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying at all so I'm just going to move on

NP, but do realize that if people are reading and trying and don't get it, how you phrase and word what you're saying may have an impact.

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'll be shocked if Fitzpatrick plays all 16 games. I just don't understand what Miami has to gain by starting him in the first place.

I think Flores genuinely believes Rosen is not quite ready - if nothing else, there are some things he wants Rosen to fix, and Rosen is going to "sit in the corner" (on the bench) until he (Flores) sees progress (or Fitz craps the bed)

What Miami has to gain is getting a fair evaluation of a young, potentially good QB who got 'thrown to the wolves' last year and picked up some very bad habits.  Flores wants Rosen to "watch and learn" and see that he can compensate for a poor OL by knowing where to go with the ball and getting rid of it quickly.

I don't understand what Miami would gain by "throwing Rosen to the wolves" 2 years in a row if he's not quite ready, just so they can say "well, we played him in 16 games"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11813011

51 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Fitz ends up winning the job for every team that he goes to. And all people do is act like he sucks. He doesn’t. He has zero physical ability and like a superhero level of heart and intangibles. 

Who has he competed with for those starting jobs? Just stop....

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

NP, but do realize that if people are reading and trying and don't get it, how you phrase and word what you're saying may have an impact.

I think Flores genuinely believes Rosen is not quite ready - if nothing else, there are some things he wants Rosen to fix, and Rosen is going to "sit in the corner" (on the bench) until he (Flores) sees progress (or Fitz craps the bed)

What Miami has to gain is getting a fair evaluation of a young, potentially good QB who got 'thrown to the wolves' last year and picked up some very bad habits.  Flores wants Rosen to "watch and learn" and see that he can compensate for a poor OL by knowing where to go with the ball and getting rid of it quickly.

I don't understand what Miami would gain by "throwing Rosen to the wolves" 2 years in a row if he's not quite ready, just so they can say "well, we played him in 16 games"

There is no equivalent to experience in games. You can only learn so much on the sidelines. I wanted Josh to start from day one in OTAs, and I think he would be further along in his development if he did. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Fitz ends up winning the job for every team that he goes to. And all people do is act like he sucks. He doesn’t. He has zero physical ability and like a superhero level of heart and intangibles. 

His physical attributes aren't even horrible.. he wouldn't have lasted that long and started that many games with a sub par arm

He has a stronger arm than Barkley 

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think you understand what I'm saying at all so I'm just going to move on  

No I know what youre saying. If you don’t have a rebuttal it’s ok. But don’t try to pretend I’m not comprehending you. 

I gave you a very valid reason why they may want to sit Rosen instead of “seeing what they have”  

it happens to be the same reason the Bills intended to sit Allen last season, except swap out Fitz for Peterman. 

Cool, he can throw 4 picks to us times 2 this season.

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Of all the utterly stupifying things you've posted here, THIS may be the mother of them all.

I would say “a lot of starting qb’s” would equate to at least 1/3 of them- and I can’t come up with that many Fitz would beat out. For every 2 good games he will have 3 terrible games. Thats pretty much been his trend through his journeyman career. Fitz is a number 2, and a high risk high reward one at that. 

Once Miami is out of competition Rosen will start the remainder of the season so the Fins can evaluate him.  The one thing you can't do as a head coach is lose the locker room by starting a QB that may be more important long term but doesn't give you the best chance to win now.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you go back and watch Rosen's college games, those bad habits were always there. He was fortunate to have good talent around him most of his college career. However, in those games where he received any kind of consistent defensive pressure, or when his offensive line didn't play very well, those bad habits were very evident - bad decisions, bad throws, etc.

I still think Rosen has the physical ability to be a good NFL QB. I just don't know if he has what it takes, mentally. I am not talking about intelligence. I'm talking about the ability to honestly self-evaluate, accept constructive criticism, and truly understand the importance of his demeanor and attitude at this stage of his career and in a position on the team that inherently comes with leadership responsibilities.

• Like (+1) 1