Do you know anyone that doesn’t like pizza?

Another Fan

4 hours ago, The Dean said:

There is a pizza place directly across the street from my condo. I'm thankful everyday their pizza is freaking inedible. Otherwise I'd be even a bigger, fatter slob.

There is PLENTY of bad pizza around. Most pizza I've had in Canada was terrible.

Many years ago, late 70’s/early 80’s I was in CA doing some field work with some cohorts from my college. We got pizza one night and it was turrble. Some type of sweet orange ‘cheese’ and inedible.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I inexplicably went through a phase (about a year) during which I could not eat Buffalo wings.  I LOVED them ... then one day, out of the blue, the smell and taste made me want to puke.  I could not (still do not) understand it.  After about a year of that, I could eat them again with no problem.  Strangest thing, ever.

I go through phases like that with salmon.  At times I love it and other times even the smell is repulsive.   No way can I eat it.  Tried a bite during the repulsive phase once and it was horrible. 

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Nope...but I know of health nuts that don’t eat it anymore.  That’s just stupid.

FWIW if I’m going to eat pizza, it better be worth it.  I’m sure not giving it up, but I’m not wasting those carbs and calories on something I do not enjoy.  Unless I’m drunk. Then whatever. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I go through phases like that with salmon.  At times I love it and other times even the smell is repulsive.   No way can I eat it.  Tried a bite during the repulsive phase once and it was horrible. 

FWIW if I’m going to eat pizza, it better be worth it.  I’m sure not giving it up, but I’m not wasting those carbs and calories on something I do not enjoy.  Unless I’m drunk. Then whatever. 

Get drunk more.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

I've only been to Chicago once.   I stayed at the Palmer House Hotel.  Ended up getting a deep dish from Exchequer Pub (https://www.exchequerpub.com/) and it was effin' delicious.

It was the night before I traveled home the next morning.  I finished a little over half and had to throw the rest away.  Still bums me out.

There was a place in Sarasota, FL (of all places?) that had amazing deep dish pizza, and you could get it by the slice! It was a very different pizza experience, but it was delicious! The place sold, never to be the same again. 

I still crave it from time to time, so when I heard about a place here in Atlanta with deep dish, I took my mom there for lunch. What they don’t tell you until they get there? It takes 40 minutes from the time you order. We got a couple slices of OK thin crust pizza. Maybe someday I’ll call ahead and get a deep dish to go. 

If you think lousy pizza does not exist, try some of that frozen stuff from the grocery store. :sick:

Cheap frozen pepperoni pizza with chocolate milk. Still an occasional late night staple for me. 

Started when I bought a 3 pack of Momma Rosa's horrible frozen pizza when $ was tight 35 yrs. ago.

I was determined to make it work, I grabbed a quart of the kids chocolate milk to help choke it down. 

Then everything seemed good in the world....even after she threw me out.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:41 PM, Augie said:

There was a place in Sarasota, FL (of all places?) that had amazing deep dish pizza, and you could get it by the slice! It was a very different pizza experience, but it was delicious! The place sold, never to be the same again. 

I still crave it from time to time, so when I heard about a place here in Atlanta with deep dish, I took my mom there for lunch. What they don’t tell you until they get there? It takes 40 minutes from the time you order. We got a couple slices of OK thin crust pizza. Maybe someday I’ll call ahead and get a deep dish to go. 

If you think lousy pizza does not exist, try some of that frozen stuff from the grocery store. :sick:

Sometimes I'll get my son and his friends Walmart pizzas.  $2.78/each.  It's good pizza!

On 8/30/2019 at 12:47 PM, Gugny said:

I inexplicably went through a phase (about a year) during which I could not eat Buffalo wings.  I LOVED them ... then one day, out of the blue, the smell and taste made me want to puke.  I could not (still do not) understand it.  After about a year of that, I could eat them again with no problem.  Strangest thing, ever.

You qualified as being mercurial. :D

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/29/2019 at 6:19 PM, NobesBLO13 said:

I hate cheese, so I take off the cheese and eat it with the other toppings. Some food nazis in my life have claimed that it’s only pizza with the cheese. So you could make the technical argument that I don’t like pizza if you are, in fact, a food nazi.

I can relate... being severely lactose intolerant now means I have to peel the cheese off. It sucks to do so but the effects of leaving it on are far worse. 

3 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

I know my grandfather didn't like it. 

My pops used to tell us a story about a friend of his back in the day who had to partition ingredients of his meal and eat them separately...he'd take toppings off pizza, then eat cheese/sauce, then crust.