Do you know anyone that doesn’t like pizza?

Another Fan

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

I was tired (lazy) yesterday so I bought 2 shells and did the rest. Not close to as good as homemade dough, but, mediocre pizza is great food.

I've been using flatbreads and na'an bread all summer to make pizza on the grill.  Love it.

Now that we're back to football season, I'll go back to regular pizzas in the oven.  I get the frozen/refrigerated dough, but will definitely be trying to make my own dough this year at some point.

Just now, Gugny said:

I've been using flatbreads and na'an bread all summer to make pizza on the grill.  Love it.

Now that we're back to football season, I'll go back to regular pizzas in the oven.  I get the frozen/refrigerated dough, but will definitely be trying to make my own dough this year at some point.

If any store near you has this, try it. Great flatbread crust. Far better than any other I've tried:

https://brooklynbred.com/pizza-crusts/]

The pizza I made yesterday was with these.

https://www.stonefire.com/products/artisan-thin-pizza-crust/

OK, but the Brooklyn Bred is better. They also have thin crusts, I see, but I have yet to find them in a store down here:

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You will enjoy making your own and it will taste so much better.  The outer crust is the tricky part.

2 minutes ago, The Dean said:

If any store near you has this, try it. Great flatbread crust. Far better than any other I've tried:

https://brooklynbred.com/pizza-crusts/]

The pizza I made yesterday was with these.

https://www.stonefire.com/products/artisan-thin-pizza-crust/

OK, but the Brooklyn Bred is better. They also have thin crusts, I see, but I have yet to find them in a store down here:

The flatbreads and na'an breads I've been using are Stonefire brand.  I haven't seen Brooklyn Bred, but I'll look around.  Thanks for the tip!

On 8/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, BarleyNY said:

I go through phases like that with salmon.  At times I love it and other times even the smell is repulsive.   No way can I eat it.  Tried a bite during the repulsive phase once and it was horrible. 

FWIW if I’m going to eat pizza, it better be worth it.  I’m sure not giving it up, but I’m not wasting those carbs and calories on something I do not enjoy.  Unless I’m drunk. Then whatever. 

Same. I'm a health nut/occasional binge drinker. When all is well, I generally won't eat pizza unless it's some kind of gathering with little choice. Even then, it better be good or I'm just gonna leave it alone. When I'm drunk...All bets are off. 

On 8/29/2019 at 6:19 PM, NobesBLO13 said:

I hate cheese, so I take off the cheese and eat it with the other toppings. Some food nazis in my life have claimed that it’s only pizza with the cheese. So you could make the technical argument that I don’t like pizza if you are, in fact, a food nazi.

This is what my dad does too. He takes of all the cheese and sauce. To make he slightly more strange, I he’ll sometime put butter on the top of the crust. 

1 hour ago, teef said:

This is what my dad does too. He takes of all the cheese and sauce. To make he slightly more strange, I he’ll sometime put butter on the top of the crust. 

How often do you visit him in prison?

On 8/29/2019 at 8:40 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  To answer your question. Somebody has to like some kind of pizza out there.

Just ordered Beggars tonight. My favorite in this area:

https://www.beggarspizza.com

I think it's a corn bread crust of some sort.  Different... But we find it good. Official pizza of the Sox.

The Whiting/Dyer, Indiana location menu:20190829_193457.thumb.jpg.5b7432b115247e6ee2a3e2ca2b7f4eb8.jpg

Sorry, bad resolution... Too compressed.  Get .pdf at site.

Corn bread ?       What kind of rednecks run that place.   

25 minutes ago, HopsGuy said:

I make my own dough in a Kitchen Aid mixer. I use bread flour, yeast bloomed in warm water, salt, sugar & olive oil. 45 minutes of mixing, 90 minutes to rise, good to go.

??

I can't make dough to save my life. I try to make it by hand, like my grandmothers did and I SUCK at it. I have to get a Kitchen Aid Machine one of these days. I also used to make a lot of Italian sausage, but my meat grinder broke. The KA should be fine for that, too, given the limited amount I make.

4 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I can't make dough to save my life. I try to make it by hand, like my grandmothers did and I SUCK at it. I have to get a Kitchen Aid Machine one of these days. I also used to make a lot of Italian sausage, but my meat grinder broke. The KA should be fine for that, too, given the limited amount I make.

There’s some YT vids where people make it by hand but I just can’t get it stretchy enough. The KA works great.

n

3 minutes ago, HopsGuy said:

There’s some YT vids where people make it by hand but I just can’t get it stretchy enough. The KA works great.

I grew up cooking beside my grandmothers. At one point, I learned to make ricotta gnocchi (which I love). In my earlier years I made it very successfully a couple times. But i haven't been able to figure it out as I got older. I watched a ton of those videos. The last time I attempted it, it was like an episode of Lucy. All I needed was Ethel to be there. Dough all over everything: Counter, Faucet, Floor, you name it. An epic disaster.  I guess the mistake wasn't using the volcano I learned with. But I think the real issue is, I have no feel for the dough.

It’s pretty much a battle between pizza and spaghetti as for which food makes it to the deserted island with me for the rest of my days—but I think pizza has the edge by a crust over the pasta, because you can also eat it as a perfectly legit breakfast food cold! Pizza it is then. As for the OP’s Q, don’t think I’ve met anyone yet who’d say no to pizza (haven’t had the pleasure of making @Augie‘s dad’s acquaintance yet) ;)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2019 at 3:40 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

It’s pretty much a battle between pizza and spaghetti as for which food makes it to the deserted island with me for the rest of my days—but I think pizza has the edge by a crust over the pasta, because you can also eat it as a perfectly legit breakfast food cold! Pizza it is then. As for the OP’s Q, don’t think I’ve met anyone yet who’d say no to pizza (haven’t had the pleasure of making @Augie‘s dad’s acquaintance yet) ;)

I hope you have to wait a long time to meet him, but I’ll say a little prayer and maybe he’ll greet you at the Pearly Gates!  ?

• Awesome! (+1) 1