Do You Like Liver?

Gugny

Do You Like Liver?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Like Liver?

22 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Generic liver and onions is one thing. 

Calves liver patted with flour and bread crumbs, sautéed in olive oil, with onions and crispy bacon....very tasty. 

Tailgate food ????????????

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 8/29/2019 at 9:52 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Generic liver and onions is one thing. 

Calves liver patted with flour and bread crumbs, sautéed in olive oil, with onions and crispy bacon....very tasty. 

You take out the calves liver and it would be 100 percent better.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/29/2019 at 6:00 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

I love a good liverwurst. I hate straight up liver.

Same here... not too often but with a little Webers on rye an excellent treat.

I do like fried chicken livers if they are done right.

4 minutes ago, T&C said:

Same here... not too often but with a little Webers on rye an excellent treat.

I do like fried chicken livers if they are done right.

Wrapped in bacon. It's beef liver I don't like.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 8/29/2019 at 3:24 PM, WhoTom said:

The liver is the body's filter. Eating liver is about as appetizing as eating a cigarette butt.

yeah but all that stuff is filtered out. There is a ton of vitamins and minerals in there (which is why it tastes bad). If you had to survive out in the wilderness you would defiantly want to eat it.

killer whales actually kill Sharks just for their livers and dont even bother with the rest of the carcass.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:55 PM, Mike in Horseheads said:

Not a constant menu item but if cooked right its awesome with mashed spuds! Its also not the best for your cholesterol so my mom and dad would go to a local restaurant only occasionally so dad could have .

liver is not going to raise your cholesterol.

On 8/29/2019 at 4:59 PM, Gray Beard said:

Don’t know how to vote. I used to eat it back when it was considered healthy. Now it’s considered to be unhealthy.  I never really liked it, so I see know reason to eat something that I don’t really like and is considered to be unhealthy. 

where is unhealthy stuff coming from??

its healthy, anyone who says other wise has been brainwashed or lying.

Liver is packed with vitamins. A four-ounce portion of calves’ liver gives you more than 1,600 percent of the daily value of vitamin A and hundreds of times the daily values of vitamins B12 and B2 (riboflavin) as well as lots of iron, zinc, folate and other essential nutrients.

One often-cited downside is that liver and other organ meats are high in saturated fat and cholesterol. However, recent research suggests that there is no significant evidence that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of coronary artery disease. 

https://www.drweil.com/health-wellness/balanced-living/healthy-living/organ-meats-liver-lover/