You've just won the lottery...........

RochesterRob

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

maybe you guys should do it together! ?

That would be quite the reality show.  :lol:

I can hear my last words already.  "Joe, did you know the worst American gun ever, the Chauchat, used the exact same ammunition as that M1 carbine you're pointing at me?"

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That would be quite the reality show.  :lol:

I can hear my last words already.  "Joe, did you know the worst American gun ever, the Chauchat, used the exact same ammunition as that M1 carbine you're pointing at me?"

I don’t think @Joe in Winslow would admit to such evil thoughts......in such a public venue. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I think you think entirely too highly of me. 

I didn’t say you wouldn’t DO it, I just thought you were smart enough not to put in on the interweby! 

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

You should visit PPP more often.

No.....I don’t think I should. Gut feeling there....

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2019 at 4:21 PM, Just Jack said:

Is that how much I can give each individual, or how much in total I can give out? I looked on the IRS website and it says $15K is the most someone can receive and not pay taxes. 

Per person over your lifetime. Yes it’s $15k per year with a max of $11.4k max over your lifetime. So you can do the lifetime max in one shot 

I don't even like my own family (There's a couple ok ones, but overall, that wouldn't be an issue), and my wife's family is awesome, and aren't necessarily hurting for money to begin with. We probably would help a couple of them out a little bit, but they're not the kind of people that would come begging. 

$10M? Probably wouldn't change what we're doing now. Pay off the house, the cars, etc. Maybe treat ourself to a nice vacation. But invest the rest. Probably half in an account for the kids that will gain 5-8 %, that they can use for college or later in life, but i would probably set a maximum they could draw per year.

Invest the other half for ourselves. Maybe use it to open a business and work for myself instead of for someone else.

Now, $100M? half a billion? Going to buy a house in the Golden Oak neighborhood in Disney - probably 3-4M. Invest half, and just live a normal life from there. I would maybe even set up a trust that my wife and I could only touch $x a year, just to protect us from ourselves. Not that I think that'd even REMOTELY be an issue, but still. I don't even need to have access to that kind of cash all at once.

23 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I would maybe even set up a trust that my wife and I could only touch $x a year, just to protect us from ourselves. Not that I think that'd even REMOTELY be an issue, but still. I don't even need to have access to that kind of cash all at once.

That's my thought too, setup a "payroll" account, where I'll live off the interest. Take a set amount each week, bi-weekly, or monthly. So I'll always have some cash coming my way and not trying to remember how I spent two million last month. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/4/2019 at 4:08 PM, Captain Hindsight said:

So is mine, she just loves giving it to people who have "sales"

HA! We are in JFK right now with another couple on our way back from two weeks in Spain and Portugal. Roughly ten seconds before I read this, my wife said “well, it just felt like Monopoly Money!” Vacation dollars have an exchange rate of their own.