Luck retiring

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Bad day in Indy but injuries and maybe drive kept him from a lock HOF career suggested before he was drafted.

Not so sure I'd knock his drive.  The guy played with a lacerated kidney.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

That is huge!  Brissett isn't a bad backup, but there's no comparison between Brissett and Luck when Luck is at his best.  Frank Reich was just handed a huge coaching challenge.

Otoh, he will get to draft his guy if the future this year. I’m sure he would rather have Luck, but time then look forward. Brissett is a decent backup but I don’t see him as a franchise QB 

11 hours ago, JoeF said:

https://engineering.stanford.edu/news/andrew-luck-architectural-design-class-2012

Guess he will just have to struggle along with his Stanford degree...Seriously smart and great young man who can write his own ticket in broadcasting or in his degree field. 

If he invested his NFL money well, he could "struggle along" quite comfortably on just the interest.

I think luck has made a good decision, his health is more important than football, any thinking individual would come to the same conclusion.

It’s funny that many football fans appear to be more upset for themselves than Luck. In retrospect this is a good thing for any team that plays the  Colts. Better odds for a win.

Do remember this is the way of the football life, when opposing players purposefully try to hit you as hard as they can get away with (purposely causing injury)  there will be an attrition rate, and luck is part of that, just like Eric Wood, and very many other players.  This is a case of potential greatness gone unfulfilled.

Go Bills!!!

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

While not as relevant to architecture, he surely has a lot of experience a 21 year old out of college would not. A degree plus nearly a decade managing an empire plus leadership skills, etc.... would clearly jump him past most ground floor employees in most fields even ignoring the star boost and just looking practically 

Scott Radecic says hello....      https://populous.com/people/scott-radecic