The Bills need to keep Duke Williams

33 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Dude you thought Duke should have a place on the team, but didn't think Zay was a lock lol. If Duke is ever able to disconnect the 100 pound weight he's dragging behind him he might have a chance. He's a 1980s-1990s type WR......the problem with that is it's 2019 and the game has totally changed. 

If you've paid attention to my posts on Zay Jones over the last month or 2, I've been pretty emphatic that I don't think he should have been guaranteed the roster spot he's been penciled in, but that Beane has a weird undying love for him and that I thought he'd make it for that reason.

Been saying that for months.

And I honestly still think, at the very least, Zay should be our #4 WR behind Foster.

If I've phrased anything as I thought Zay would be cut for Duke, point it out to me. I thought and still think he should have been, but as I said in the OP, I wanted Duke to remain a Bill, and he has, so I'm good!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mountain Man said:

By that logic, Kelvin Benjamin should be the best receiver in the league 

except Duke Caught the ball. very very well. Benjamin ? Yikes. nothing compares to that pos
Tasker said he squeezed it.
he has value.

signed

a Duke Williams fan

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I feel like Duke Williams as a run blocker and red zone threat alone, would add more than a guy like Croom would as TE.

6 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I feel like Duke Williams as a run blocker and red zone threat alone, would add more than a guy like Croom would as TE.

If they can keep him as a PS player he will get time to dial in the NFL style of play. Perhaps give him some duty as a hybrid TE. Croom used to line up outside, so is suspect Daboll could make good use of Duke. He is still raw from a NFL route running/blocking perspective.

7 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Hopefully Croom has developed his route running and hands skills as well.

More assets the better

Edited by 3rdand12

And as for the "look!!! Duke wasn't claimed by another team so clearly he's just a scrub!!!"

Well... Duke might not ever become a solid contributor, but last year Robert Foster was cut from the Bills active roster mid season and went unclaimed.

Then we activated him for the last 7 games and he averaged 73 yards receiving per game.

Duke went unclaimed = He won't be a productive NFL player is bad logic.

• Like (+1) 5

and... Foster was productive after being resigned ergo, Duke will be productive because we signed him to the practice squad is terrible logic.

before you say you didn't say that, no one said that, 'Duke went unclaimed = He won't be a productive NFL player, either. that is your strawman fallacy construct created for... only god knows what reason. i am just throwing your strawman fallacy back at cha...

oye!

Edited by Foxx

Unless I am missing something Williams is the only WR on the PS. He will definitely get a chance on the 53. I believe, based upon Beane’s prior statements about needing big receivers in bad weather, that he will get his chance.

• Like (+1) 1

Yup, Duke on the PS! And frankly if you’re on the PS you’re on the team,  happy for Duke. And 8k or more a week ain’t bad either.

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Like (+1) 1

Duke may yet have a role coming off the PS.  I just thought he would pass through waivers because he wasn't really a big name and he hadn't flashed a whole lot in preseason, even recalling his 2 TD catches.  There were over 1100 NFL players released yesterday, including 'name' players and nearly every GM agonized over their own last few cuts.  Anyway, he is now on our practice squad.  Hopefully he becomes one of our future success stories.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Yup, Duke on the PS! And frankly if you’re on the PS you’re on the team,  happy for Duke.

Go Bills!!!

Can a team activate a player from a PS for a single game and then put him back on PS ? 

Just now, Putin said:

Can a team activate a player from a PS for a single game and then put him back on PS ? 

Likely can, just some shuffling of players, but the guy you send down has to clear waivers, and so would Duke if he is sent down again I would think??

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

and... Foster was productive after being resigned ergo, Duke will be productive because we signed him to the practice squad is terrible logic.

Literally said Duke might never be a solid contributor. See the post above yours.

If you have a difficult time actually reading--seems you do--it's words 2-9 in the 2nd sentence.

before you say you didn't say that, no one said that, 'Duke went unclaimed = He won't be a productive NFL player, either. that is your strawman fallacy construct created for... only god knows what reason. i am just throwing your strawman fallacy back at cha...

oye!

Uhhh, it was pretty clearly and obviously implicit in several posts...

oye!

Edited by transplantbillsfan

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Nice job with your twisted narrative and alternative facts.

If if you want to hang your hat on predicting Tyrod would make the pro-bowl even though he was an alternate then I guess you can have that victory.

What a bunch of horsecrap!

If you really believe that you belong in a white room with rubber walls... we don't want you hurting yourself.

Do you think the majority of people thought Peterman was a capable starter? 

Iago said it best: reputation is an idle and false imposition, oft got without merit and lost without deserving.

Don't give a crap about my reputation. I just don't like liars or twisted narratives.

What did did I lie about?

You and my other fanboys can PM me if you wanna keep up this off topic discussion. It'll be more than happy to respond to your individual gripes.

I just like busting your chops, especially after the Tyrod fiasco 

On 9/1/2019 at 9:11 AM, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

,This makes no sense at all. One is a proven player in the NFL and one hasn't made an NFL roster since first trying out back in 2016, Duke is already 26 years old, but runs like he's 56 years old. The number 1 WR in the CFL playing against who at CB, guys who couldn't sniff an NFL roster?? Duke averaged less than 9 yards a catch against CBs that aren't on NFL rosters today. When you finally get your chance and it's against lower talent, you better dominate or you're not going to make the 53 man roster. Duke looks like he's dragging a tire behind him when he runs. He probably would've been a good WR in the 80s & 90s though, but with the speed of the game today you better be able to run or be shifty and run really good routes.

Zay is a "proven" player? in what respect? With respect to Duke good hands are good hands no matter what league you are in. They are not playing with Nerf footballs in the CFL BTW. I just think overall there is a bias vs guys who the league passed over. Many NFL teams attach a stigma to a guy like Williams because they think he is lesser. No matter what he does, he has to work harder than guys who made it already ( and may be disappointing like Zay).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Zay is a "proven" player? in what respect? With respect to Duke good hands are good hands no matter what league you are in. They are not playing with Nerf footballs in the CFL BTW. I just think overall there is a bias vs guys who the league passed over. Many NFL teams attach a stigma to a guy like Williams because they think he is lesser. No matter what he does, he has to work harder than guys who made it already ( and may be disappointing like Zay).

1.) I didn't say Zay has proven to be a great or even good player, but he is a proven player especially in this comparison. 2.) Maybe Duke has to work harder but it's because he screwed up a bunch of times, it's not like he messed up once or twice, it's all been self-inflicted. He needs to be the one to dig himself out of the hole he dug, no one can do that for him 3.) Zay's not the one that's disappointing between the two. Duke had the opportunity to play for a SEC Team and blew it. He tried out with the Rams in 2016 and couldn't land a spot on any NFL team, Since 2016 through at least to start the season 2019 he has failed to make a 53 man roster. He wasn't claimed by a single team when he was just cut and put on waivers. Not even by the Pats*** who could use some help at WR especially early on this year and have shown they aren't afraid to take a chance on a player. 

Zay on the other hand was drafted in the second round two years ago and has been a starter in 25 of his 32 games as a Bill. He's made much more of his opportunities, not squandered them. Duke trying to turn his life around and make the 53 man roster is a great story and here's hoping he can. But I can't see him sticking on a NFL roster as is, he's the equivalent of a specialty player. One more thing....they may not play with Nerf footballs in the CFL, but they also don't play with NFL talent.