The Bills need to keep Duke Williams

...and I just don't think he clears wavers.

2 TDs and 6 catches in the last couple games.

Both TDs of him high pointing the ball.

And anyone notice he was getting some pretty significant #1 reps tonight?

I think after Brown and Beasley there's a lot of wiggle room. Zay simply shouldn't be guaranteed the roster spot that I think he is. Neither should Roberts for that matter... McKenzie has played himself onto the roster and can return. I still think Foster is close to a lock and the coaching staff is playing long game mind games with him.

So almost guaranteed we keep 6 WRs on the active roster.

Add a 7th to keep D'haquille???

• Like (+1) 14
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The other thing that was interesting is how he was used in the run game. I have said consistently that I don't think Daboll sees a "big guy" who high points in the redzone as essential in his offense. It is a nice to have. What I think he will value more is a guy who can make blocks on the edge in the run game. And Williams was specifically brought in with the first unit to block. Very interesting. Think he needed two strings to his bow to make the team. Now he might just have them.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Its hard for me to predict what's going on with Jones (played well into 2nd half), Foster (barely seen) or whether they would keep 7 receivers??  All I know is that both Williams and McKenzie will be on the team as we open the season.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Preseason... They shouldn't keep a guy b.c of preseason. If his practices went well he would have moved up the depth chart.

Which is exactly what happened. He was getting first team reps because he performed. And based off the past two games he’s making the most of his opportunity. He reminds me of Alshon Jeffery 

5 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Which is exactly what happened. He was getting first team reps because he performed. And based off the past two games he’s making the most of his opportunity. He reminds me of Alshon Jeffery 

Hahahahaha

What an insult to Alshon...

Edited by Boca BIlls
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boca BIlls said:

Hahahahaha

What an insult to Alshon...

Big bodied, strong hands, high pointer,  good blocker. I don’t see what’s funny I didn’t say he was better just that he has a similar game.

He’s had two monster catches to make Barkley look better, now imagine Josh having Knox, Sweeney, and Williams in the redzone? That’s a recipe for success for a Qb with slight accuracy issues.

At this point your trolling so have a nice day.

• Like (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, Rad Likes The Bills said:

Big bodied, strong hands, high pointer,  good blocker. I don’t see what’s funny I didn’t say he was better just that he has a similar game.

He’s had two monster catches to make Barkley look better, now imagine Josh having Knox, Sweeney, and Williams in the redzone? That’s a recipe for success for a Qb with slight accuracy issues.

At this point your trolling so have a nice day.

The only trolls are people that think they can take ANYTHING away from preseason.

• Haha (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And has a skillset that Daboll values and nobody else has. 

Yes.   Only question is durability.  

I think It will be Williams or foster.   Special teams is key for that last spot.   For me neither has been that impressive.  Duke made some plays against guys who won’t be on rosters in a few days but has had little opportunity with the ones.  

He is certainly making it hard to cut him. He has made the most of his opportunities the last couple weeks, that is for sure. I think we need to keep him because he’s our only guy that can go up and get those contested balls because of his size.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

The other thing that was interesting is how he was used in the run game. I have said consistently that I don't think Daboll sees a "big guy" who high points in the redzone as essential in his offense. It is a nice to have. What I think he will value more is a guy who can make blocks on the edge in the run game. And Williams was specifically brought in with the first unit to block. Very interesting. Think he needed two strings to his bow to make the team. Now he might just have them.  

Yeah, he's built like a tight end . . . The guy is massive!

Will Duke Williams ever be on the game day roster?

who is he high pointing these TD catches against? Are these guys NFL roster players? 

Evety ty year I hear about this guy and that guy has to make the roster. Simply put, when can he make an impact on a real game?  Does the teams 6th WR really matter?