The Curious Disappearance of 26 Cornerblitz

Nextmanup

Yes, we used to have  a thread dedicated to this, but I couldn't find it.

In the thread, I said "Don't worry, he'll be back."

Well, the pre-season is upon us, and he is not back.  It looks like he isn't coming back.

He's still over at the Sabres section of HFboards, so he is not dead.

Any theories as to his disappearance?  I find it really interesting.  

He went from quite literally dedicating his life to posting on this forum to nothing.

What happened?  

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I don’t know, but I thought there was some unnecessary piling on. Maybe I missed where he did some things to “deserve it”?  I never minded more content and info.   

He was a first rate (censored) and his general take on things was way out in left field.  He was pretty consistently clueless in his assessment of Bills related issues.  I had a few duels with him over time.  One was with EJ; I took the position from Day 1 that EJ was terrible; he thought he would improve and be good.  

But I didn't mean for this to be a discussion about 26CB as a poster, but rather, the shift in his behavior from being involved with this forum 24/7 to leaving it entirely.  

It strikes of some kind of hard core OCD issue or...I don't know what exactly.

Someone suggested in the old thread that he was somehow paid to post at this forum!  Maybe he changed jobs!

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Too bad he left. 

I come here 90% of the time for news, which he was great at providing links to...

90% of it came from the Bills website; you might want to add them to your daily browsing activity.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Or.....maybe he just got tired of the grief? I really have no idea, it is what it is. Moving forward! 

I think you're missing my point.  Why does the average poster come here, hang out for a while, and then leave?  Who knows and who cares!  That's not interesting.

But when you post hundreds of things a day literally around the clock, 7 days a week, for a period of years, and then stop it entirely, that's interesting.

At least to me.

As I said, it seems like an OCD issue; obsessive compulsive activity while it struck him as the thing to do, followed by that next phase of wanting absolutely nothing to do with it anymore b/c he's 110% burned out.  Or something like that.

Lots of people are like this in all sorts of activities and hobbies.

They immerse insanely deeply, only to withdraw entirely.

Or as I said, maybe the Russians stopped paying him for his disinformation campaign! 

LOL

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Well, the pre-season is upon us, and he is not back.  It looks like he isn't coming back.

He went from quite literally dedicating his life to posting on this forum to nothing.

What happened?  

I think that what that thread actually said was “who cares?” This place was great before him and it is, IMO, better without him.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I think that what that thread actually said was “who cares?” This place was great before him and it is, IMO, better without him.

I'm sure many will have that attitude.  However, as I said, I personally find it an interesting discussion point.

I agree it is better without him.  I used to laugh at the number of new threads that would be started, only to have 26CB dump all over them in the second post.  Like he was stalking, monitoring the forum all day long, waiting for a new topic to be created, only to pounce and then piss all over it with a really negative, toxic first response.

He did that hundreds of times.

Edited by Nextmanup

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

I appreciated his contributions. It's good to hear he's not deceased or incarcerated. 

No doubt many feel the same as you.

But do you have a theory as to why he left?

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

No.....I assumed he was deceased or incarcerated. 

For real?  I laughed at the incarcerated suggestion.  I don't think that would have been likely just based on the content of his posting, but who knows.  

Obviously he could have been dead or in very bad health, that can hit anyone at any time.  

But I can report he seems to be OK based on his Sabres forum activity.

He put a lot time into making sure the forum was kept up to date in real time on any and all things Bills related.  That was appreciated. 

I think sometimes when you spend so much time and effort on something you tend to lose perspective and any criticism or disagreement is magnified.  I hope he chooses to come back some day but also realizes that Bills news will get here one way or another in a timely fashion.

We all have our days when we are hypersensitive and we wouldn't be on this forum for 20+ years unless we had great passion for the Bills.  The others who post a lot of news @YoloinOhio @ShadyBillsFan perform a great service to the board, but also seem to keep a great perspective.  Thanks to them!

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoeF said:

He put a lot time into making sure the forum was kept up to date in real time on any and all things Bills related.  That was appreciated. 

I think sometimes when you spend so much time and effort on something you tend to lose perspective and any criticism or disagreement is magnified.  I hope he chooses to come back some day but also realizes that Bills news will get here one way or another in a timely fashion.

We all have our days when we are hypersensitive and we wouldn't be on this forum for 20+ years unless we had great passion for the Bills.  The others who post a lot of news @YoloinOhio @ShadyBillsFan perform a great service to the board, but also seem to keep a great perspective.  Thanks to them!

Yolo has always been solid. But, @ShadyBillsFan has become a mirror image of 26. It’s like they’re one and the same person.

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

LOL.  TBD's very own Syd Barrett.

I am about 5 years away from mumbling to myself in a park some where...making friends with pigeons and feral cats...this is hitting close to home.  My favorite pigeon will be named Kyle and he will be a Bills fan.

image.png.275b2d796edf933a955dabf5210a7af0.png

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I am about 5 years away from mumbling to myself in a park some where...making friends with pigeons and feral cats...this is hitting close to home.  My favorite pigeon will be named Kyle and he will be a Bills fan.

I am roughly 5 years ahead of you......

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, JoeF said:

If your favorite pigeon named Kyle poops on your head does that mean that you are a shiiiit head? :ph34r:

Edited by JohnC
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If your favorite pigeon named Kyle poops on your head does that mean that you are a shiiiit head? :ph34r:

Is that really necessary?

Not your comment; the bird pooping on his head.

• Haha (+1) 1

maybe instead of a thread wondering about where a poster is it would be more expedient and less gossipy to Privately message and ask if he/she is okay and they may reply?

This thread is pretty catty meowwww lol

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What happened?  

jay-cutler-didnt-care-then-dont-care-now

• Haha (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Who?  

Seems like the flow of news is just fine around here with or without one more person.

Bro...you never saw news until you saw 26CB deliver the news. Now were stuck with ****** to keep us up to date. 

Edited by RaoulDuke79

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What happened? 

Not hard to deduce what happened. He was a jackass who acted like a jackass, then took his ball and went home when he was treated like a jackass.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1