Beer prices last night? $14!

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

even for a 24 oz. Pliny The Elder draft?

Was going to say, as someone who lives in Burlington, VT I'm sadly used to paying $20 for a four pack of good beer.  And I'm a big fan of $20 30-packs of Miller High Life ?

Who remembers when it was Rich Stadium and you could actually bring in any alcohol? As long as it was in a plastic container, the stadium personnel didn't care. And don't forget pot smokers hill during halftime on the North side. Nothing like dominating the AFC back in the late 80's early 90's all buzzed up! Damn, sure miss that.

GO BILLS!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

I believe you can still bring in pretty much anything food-wise.  Beverages, are a different story.

Yup we brought in Wegman's Subs... but the beer was $14 for a 24oz can of Molson... there are varied prices but that's probably the best bang for your buck.

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Was going to say, as someone who lives in Burlington, VT I'm sadly used to paying $20 for a four pack of good beer.  And I'm a big fan of $20 30-packs of Miller High Life ?

honestly, I don't even drink anymore but it was more the cost/price. I understand cost/price, especially up there in nys, I mean, 14 bucks for a beer and I heard some where around 14 bucks for a pack of marlboros?

yeah, I'm an old head. the days of 2 dollar beer and 75 cents for a pack of smokes are long gone history. then folks wonder why they want to raise min wage to 15 bucks an hr. hell, you would struggle to get by on that wage. it pays to educate yourself or find a damn good paying trade if you want to get by these days.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

BTW, I find it interesting that you can bring in your own food still.  With all the food everyone brings to the opener, I might need to bring a nice doggie bag into the game this year!

• Like (+1) 1

A standard beer can is 12 oz,  24oz is a double beer.  I think the old standard tall cans were 16oz?

So really you are paying $7 for a beer, but you are buying 2 of them if you buy the 24oz can.   Or you are paying $0 a beer if you make game time your sober up time and don't drink during the game.

35 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Do you guys not go to big events?  Feel like $12 - $14 is where we're at with the 24oz beer these days...

Yeah, it's too expensive, but 'tis what it 'tis... :beer:

Eat and drink before entry- buy one or two 24 ouncer’s - all is well for me

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Eat and drink before entry- buy one or two 24 ouncer’s - all is well for me

BTW, you guys are doing it all wrong - drink several beers outside, then when you go into the stadium, find your seats and that one guy in your crew will INSIST on more beers.  Have him make the beer run and insist "you'll get the next round".  All you have to do is make it though half time before it your turn to buy a round and you're golden!  ?

At last years opener every time I turned around, I was handed another beer.  Not sure which one of the homies kept making the beer runs, but someone dropped some coin... ?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seasons1992 said:

That's insane if true. 

Another reason to Hammer's it up beforehand and have no food or drink inside minus a bottle of water I bring in.

They confiscated my bottle of water on my way in.  They also took my mesh see-through bag and made me carry the rest of my stuff by hand, which was difficult on crutches.

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

even for a 24 oz. Pliny The Elder draft?

You can't compare the greatest outlier ever with a Blue Light..........

BTW, try the pizza at RR Brewery............amazing!

15 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

They confiscated my bottle of water on my way in.  They also took my mesh see-through bag and made me carry the rest of my stuff by hand, which was difficult on crutches.

Fine. I'll chug the water before going in. Problem solved. Those that know me @plenzmd1 @mead107 @LeviF91 know I can get some work done, QUICKLY.

• Like (+1) 2

A friend of mine works in the beverage industry and they are vendors to pro sports events.  He told me the stadiums basically have to charge a very high amount for the alcohol.

If it's too cheap, more people will buy and buy more.  Then you have a much higher level or over intoxicated people.  It does make sense I guess....