Beer prices last night? $14!

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Just wait til they plop down Smilin’ Terry’s Shiny New Downtown Palace Of One Pegulaville!

You’ll probably have to apply for credit to buy a round.

Still think the changes are extremely low it goes downtown

Smartest placee would be right across from the Ralph in the parking lot

2 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

Was anyone actually buying beer inside.  You can buy multiple tickets and just go to your car and drink

LOL, me and a friend did that at a concert last summer when we had no interest in the 2nd of 3 bands that was playing that night. 

4 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

I was told a beer was $14?  is this true?

These things are important.  Educate me please.

For a double can that like 22-24oz maybe. That means it’s 2 beers. Most people are too stupid to realize 1 can doesn’t always equal 1 beer. 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

You know what fish do in water? They poop and they  make babies in disgusting ways in water...I'll stick to beer for health reasons!?

https://www.sportfishingmag.com/how-do-fish-have-sex/

btw, water aint exactly cheap at that joint either!

$2 a bottle of Aquafina in the clubs. Sounds like gas station prices to me. 

3 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

lol...I sound like the smoker who won't pay over a dollar for a pack of smokes!

Last year I believe it was $9.50 for a can of Blue but it might not of been 24 oz.

Can you get Labatts Blue at the stadium?

I was grossed out to see CFL fans drinking Bud Light at their games. Come on, you hosers have some great beer up there.

I suppose it is due to the mega-conglomerate beer companies dictating what beers are sold in stadiums.

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Do they actually serve it in a can?  I'd think you could throw a 24 oz can much further than a ***** and would hurt more.

Damm can't believe my word was censored out.  Well I was referring to something thrown into the end zone a couple seasons back.

so, little known fact..yes they started selling cans about 4 years ago..and they sell till end of 3rd now too. And ya know what? Makes getting a beer much easier and faster!

And ya know what? Drunkenness and fighting as been reduced greatly!

Counter intuitive i know, but no more unintentionally spilling beer on the guy's in front of you girlfriend..causing a fight. No more throwing a beer at someone, nothing comes out of a can!

And no more getting pissed waiting in a line to get drafts and missing several plays.

And no more having 4 beers stashed under your seat by end of 1st half just in case ya want them...cause if I paid for em, i drinking em!

Sounds weird, but making booze easier to get has reduced booze related issues!

And there is a  God in this world!

7 hours ago, The Tomcat said:

I was told a beer was $14?  is this true?

These things are important.  Educate me please.

Do you think they will be cheaper in a new stadium?

I have never bought a beer at a stadium.  With prices they charge I am surprised anyone does.

6 hours ago, Marv Levy said:

Who remembers when it was Rich Stadium and you could actually bring in any alcohol? As long as it was in a plastic container, the stadium personnel didn't care. And don't forget pot smokers hill during halftime on the North side. Nothing like dominating the AFC back in the late 80's early 90's all buzzed up! Damn, sure miss that.

GO BILLS!!

Heck, back then the biggest sponsor was Marlboro!  Like, you could smoke, IN YOUR SEAT IN THE STADIUM!?

I definitely remember walking in with a gallon jug of margaritas (not sure why) and vaguely remember toppling over when we scored a TD.

And North side?  Hooter Hill?  I've heard of it.  One time, I was just standing there minding my own business, when suddenly the fence next to me rattled and a guy dropped down seemingly out of the sky.  Turned out to be a friend of a friend who saw us, ran up, scaled the fence and was in the game. ?

Different times, different time.  I think beers in the stadium were actually free back then...

56 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

There are a lot of hands in the pot which is why arena/stadium concessions are so expensive. The concessionaire, county, team, etc... all need to get a cut. 

They also jack up the prices because.....they can.  The stadiums have all the leverage with this type of thing.  

I also know that the security guard took my good friends expensive designer cigarettes and tins and made him thrown them in a burn barrel.  He was so angry

21 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

They also jack up the prices because.....they can.  The stadiums have all the leverage with this type of thing.  

I also know that the security guard took my good friends expensive designer cigarettes and tins and made him thrown them in a burn barrel.  He was so angry

The reality is none of those parties get the ROI that a restaurant does on a beer (for example). It’s almost like taking a high interest loan. By the time you factor in the expenses + cost of goods and then divide the rest 4 ways (or whatever it is in the Bills case) it isn’t a lot. Now if you own your stadium (Jerry Jones) or one the concession business (Jeremy Jacobs) I suppose that you could take less. They don’t have to but can.