McCoy says he’s been told he’s “the guy” in 2019, discusses trade rumors

Obviously they're not going to tell him that he's trade bait if that's what they're planning, so what he's been told is irrelevant. With that said, I have no doubt that he WILL be the guy this year.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope there’s actually a hole to hit 

I was 1 minute late to state the obvious! Yolo on the spot once again! 

Just now, HOUSE said:

The Bills invested a lot of money in the New OL. I see no excuses this year.

Well, I AM disappointed about the man who keeps bumping his noggin. That was the critical piece, and admittedly a gamble. Praying for the best! 

• Like (+1) 3

If McCoy has any semblance of a line to work with this year, he will be just fine.  He's the type of back that really gets the most out of good run blocking at the point of attack.  He's better in space than between the tackles, so if his line can do the basics he will have another 4-5 YPC year, even though I too expect some reduced amount of touches.  

38 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Obviously they're not going to tell him that he's trade bait if that's what they're planning, so what he's been told is irrelevant. With that said, I have no doubt that he WILL be the guy this year.

I disagree with your first part.  I think the Bills FO has probably been pretty straight forward with McCoy.

I think they discussed potential trading partners last year and probably again this year, but they see value in McCoy above what they can get in trade.

• Like (+1) 1

This again?  What is with "the guy" that he has to keep reassuring himself that he's the same ol' Shady in public utterings?

The best part is that "he told the Bills website" that the Bills told him that he's the guy this year.  LOLOL  WTF is that?

Edited by Mr. WEO

He'd beat the odds if he does return to form as he looked like a shell of himself last year.  Obviously the Bills brass feels differently.  It would be interesting to see the offers Beane turned down if he was trying to trade him last year.

McCoy will be the guy week 1.  After that?  Who is running the best?  Gore will be a guy that will make the most of ever carry.  The dark horse is Singletary.  If he get some big runs McCoy will be in alot of trouble if he has slowed down even slightly.