McCoy says he’s been told he’s “the guy” in 2019, discusses trade rumors

15 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

I disagree with your first part.  I think the Bills FO has probably been pretty straight forward with McCoy.

I think they discussed potential trading partners last year and probably again this year, but they see value in McCoy above what they can get in trade.

I agree. Why stir things up. If he was gone it would have happened by now. A rebuilt offensive line lends to the Bills confidence that McCoy can return to form...however brief it may be. 

21 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I know this might be controversial.... but I think the expectation levels for Singletary might be getting a little out of kilter..... 

Not really.  Rookies have been tearing it up at RB.

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

This again?  What is with "the guy" that he has to keep reassuring himself that he's the same ol' Shady in public utterings?

The best part is that "he told the Bills website" that the Bills told him that he's the guy this year.  LOLOL  WTF is that?

The Bills' website interviewed him and he told them that he was told he'd be the guy.  CBS is referencing that.  Not hard to figure out.

And I hope for all the RBs' sakes that Morse is back soon.  Or Long.  I just don't trust Bodine.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

The Bills' website interviewed him and he told them that he was told he'd be the guy.  CBS is referencing that.  Not hard to figure out.

So until McCoy told him in "an interview",  it was news to Chris Brown that the Bills told McCoy that he was "the man"?

That's a good one, doc...

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Not every rookie. Some rookies have. I am still sceptical about Singletary's ability to have a big impact on early downs against staked boxes. 

Not all, no.  But enough to be encouraged over the past few seasons.  We've seen what McCoy is up to against stacked boxes.....

So until McCoy told him in "an interview",  it was news to Chris Brown that the Bills told McCoy that he was "the man"?

That's a good one, doc...

Yeah, apparently CB either didn't know or knew and wanted people to hear it from Shady.  Learn to unbunch the panties whenever you see Shady's name...

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not every rookie. Some rookies have. I am still sceptical about Singletary's ability to have a big impact on early downs against staked boxes

Why?  Because of speed?  Size?

Edited by Doc

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Why?  Because of speed?  Size?

Size mainly and I don't see that explosion. He has good vision, cuts well and good in space. But I still think he is a change of pace back rather than an every down back at this stage. Might be wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1