What non-QB injury would hurt the Bills the most?

BisonMan

With all of the camp injuries to the O-line, what I notice most about this team over recent years is the depth across a lot of positions on the team. With that in mind, it begs the question as to which player, if injured, would hurt the Bills’ chances of reaching the playoffs the most this year? Of course, an injury to Allen would be devastating (like the starters on most teams). So, let’s take that one off the table.

My pick would be Tremaine Edmunds. I really don’t see a substitute for him on the roster as there is a severe lack of depth at the MLB position, IMO. Edmunds is going to be a breakout star this year if reports from camp on his play are to be believed. I agree and losing him would really hurt this defense. That side of the ball will have to play well in order to secure a playoff spot as I don’t see the offense climbing much above the top half of the league, even if Josh Allen plays well. 

Your pick?

Morse and Edmunds.  I'm a big Allen fan and believer, but I'm not even certain Allen is #1 if you included QB's - Barkley's shown enough.

1. Morse

2. Edmunds

3. Allen

4. Milano

5. Hauschka

Guys it clearly isn't: 

any 1 WR or TE

any 1 RB

Any other OL besides Morse (they have depth everywhere else)

DT tons of depth, same at DE, though the dropoff from Hughes is real - Murphy is going to bounce back

Milano is not far behind Edmunds - LB depth is pretty suspect

Tons of depth at CB, decent depth at S

Kicker?

46 minutes ago, BisonMan said:

With all of the camp injuries to the O-line, what I notice most about this team over recent years is the depth across a lot of positions on the team. With that in mind, it begs the question as to which player, if injured, would hurt the Bills’ chances of reaching the playoffs the most this year? Of course, an injury to Allen would be devastating (like the starters on most teams). So, let’s take that one off the table.

My pick would be Tremaine Edmunds. I really don’t see a substitute for him on the roster as there is a severe lack of depth at the MLB position, IMO. Edmunds is going to be a breakout star this year if reports from camp on his play are to be believed. I agree and losing him would really hurt this defense. That side of the ball will have to play well in order to secure a playoff spot as I don’t see the offense climbing much above the top half of the league, even if Josh Allen plays well. 

Your pick?

Because of LB depth, Edmunds.

5 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Cole Beasley, after about 3 games you will understand

I went with Edmunds, but can't argue this one. It would hurt, but I'm hoping that guy who isn't making the team can fill in adequately. Come on Zay, you can do it! 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

This was my second choice.

As exciting as he is to watch, I really don't want to see him run so much and take hits. It is amazing what he can do on the ground but he will get killed if he keeps it up.

I respect the fact that McBeane tried to help the kid out with blocking because when it comes to Allen, the OL actually worries me more than the possible lack of receivers.

I once heard Bill Parcells say that it was easier to find good receivers in the draft than a good guard.

1 hour ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Morse

Absolutely no lie...this.

Man, we are already seeing it directly in camp.  This stinks.  Please get better soon M&M.

EDIT: @LBSeeBallLBGetBall

and, LB, I know I am being master of the obvious, but holy cow Bodine almost isn't even in the same league.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Jerry Hughes

I’m with you on this one. Nobody on the team can replicate the impact Hughes puts on a game. Plenty of guys who would be missed and their backups wouldn’t be able to play at the same level but Hughes and his speed rush is on a whole different level from anyone else on defense. 

Clearly Beasley, him and Allen are forming a Brady/Edleman bond that I've been complaining we need for years and we finally got it. He's Mr. Iron Man too but you know, The Bills...

Morse because Allen needs to trust the ball to be perfect every snap so he can focus on the rest of his game and the defense and not worry about what should be a part of muscle memory.

Edmunds and Milano go hand in hand. If one goes down we need to trade for Kuechly or TJ Watt ASAP. Especially if we are in the hunt, which we will be.

Hughes, we only have Murphy behind him and he's already a starter.

Unfortunately, I also agree with those who say Mitch Morse.

The most important thing for our immediate AND long-term success is the continued development of Josh Allen.

And nothing is more important towards helping Allen grow as a QB than having time in the pocket.

With any other position on the O-Line, we can do some creative shuffling and still put together a strong group of blockers.  But I don't think we have a good enough backup center.  Russell Bodine was terrible last season, and Spencer Long proved he really should have been a guard all along.