Cody Ford takes 1st reps at RG

14 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Regarding people freaking out with Morse, I was under the impression that concussion recovery time was within a few weeks. Am I missing something?

Last year he missed 5 games to a concussion.

He returned after a bye week...........so it was like 6 weeks that he was off.  

So basically like 42-45 days depending on when he returned to practice after the bye week.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is Bodine preferable to Long as the backup Center?

Long was terrible there last year..

With a question mark over Morse this could be a big decision they need to make..

I actually think that they like Feliciano as their backup center 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Go ahead and grill me ... but I think Ford was a bad pick.  His demotion from tackle to guard corresponds with his faiththful feature in The Buffalo  News fluff piece.       They jumped two spots .. So certain he would be chosen before their pick.

Trent Murphy has been going around him like he's a manequin in camp.   

I used the search function but the other relevant thread on this has been curiously closed.

2 minutes ago, BUNCH OF MULARKEY said:

Go ahead and grill me ... but I think Ford was a bad pick.  His demotion from tackle to guard corresponds with his faiththful feature in The Buffalo  News fluff piece.       They jumped two spots .. So certain he would be chosen before their pick.

I used the search function but the other relevant thread on this has been curiously closed.

Sounds like a bunch of mularkey to me

3 minutes ago, BUNCH OF MULARKEY said:

If he becomes a Pro Bowl RG, was he worth the pick?

11 minutes ago, BUNCH OF MULARKEY said:

If Ford turns out to be a bust then so be it..drafting NFL players is not an exact science, and it looks like they have got a few right already..

Im not gunna hate on the pick at 38  though... a lot of good judges had him as a first round talent...

54 minutes ago, BUNCH OF MULARKEY said:

I agree with you. I wanted Metcalf and it will be interesting for me to see which player ends up being better. WR is clearly a more valued position than guard. I mean, we added Spain after all the dust settled in free agency. Could've just added another veteran FA RG to protect Josh, but adding a playmaker is much more difficult. I give Beane credit for trying with AB though

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Long struggled at C for the Jets after playing pretty well at G for the Redskins.  He was also hurt the entire time he played C if I recall correctly.  

Nsehke is pretty good and it would just seem like a waste to only use him as backup tackle this year.  Nothing is stopping Ford from transitioning to RT next year if we so choose.  

Wasn't that due to him having a torn ligament in his snapping hand?  While I don't think he ever officially blamed it on that, would stand ot reason, that could make it difficult to snap the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

If Ford turns out to be a bust then so be it..drafting NFL players is not an exact science, and it looks like they have got a few right already..

Im not gunna hate on the pick at 38  though... a lot of good judges had him as a first round talent...

I recall that the draftnicks suggested he'd be a better guard than a tackle in the pros, so maybe it's not that big of a deal?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I recall that the draftnicks suggested he'd be a better guard than a tackle in the pros, so maybe it's not that big of a deal?

It seems they say that about most tackles. It’s what they do. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I think their logic goes: Not elite college LTs make good NFL RT's and Not elite college RTs make good NFL guards.

I’m not sure if it’s “logic” or default. Time will tell. Long way to go. I thought he could be a good RT. More decent (but not LT)  feet than a mauler. I could be wrong, obviously. I just watch highlights, not like some guys here. 

I'll wait to see if this continues once Feliciano, Long, and Morse return to health. It may not be permanent. 

If it turns out that the Bills drafted a mauling, tone-setting right guard with All-Pro potential with this year's 2nd round pick rather than a good right tackle, then so be it. There are worse things than drafting a highly talented offensive lineman with an early round pick.

Oh, and one more thing: Anyone saying that the Cody Ford pick was a bad one is being silly. He hasn't played an NFL down yet, he's played guard for ONE day so far at a time when the o-line is hit hard by injury, and you want to call him a bad pick?

Can the season just start already?

6 hours ago, CardinalScotts said:

Bodine was among the worst o lineman ive watched in the last 40 years .....he's a cut. Long can do a descent job at center if Morse cant go. I think Mitch will be fine he has had some concussion issues so reason to rush him back in the preseason so why do it. Take your time see you week 3 Mitch

Groy was MUCH worse in the pivot last season. Much worse. The line was an effing mess while he was starting.

But yeah, Bodine is not an NFL starter.

2 hours ago, BUNCH OF MULARKEY said:

Well-chosen screen name.