Baker Mayfield doing Baker Mayfield things (at an Indians game)

5 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Him, Mahomes, Luck, and JA will be division champs for a while. The playoffs and AFC championship is gonna be a slug fest for years to come. 

Hope you’re right about Josh Allen

It will be interesting to see this play out. Allen chugged a beer in that HR derby thing or whatever a month or two back. There’s a different vibe to each clip though. Allen’s is more relaxed and fun loving. Mayfield’s is intense in an almost uncomfortable way.

I could definitely see those differences play out on the field, but I don’t know which is necessarily better. Allen may be cooler under pressure. Mayfield’s intensity could lead to either clutch play late or someone prone to mental mistakes. I would think leadership wise players would take to Allen more, but Mayfield might be able to light a fire under players better.

At this point, I see them as head and shoulders above the rest of their class. 

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

and be sure to make time for the Josh Rosen Show. You thought Ryan Leaf was bad?  

Implosion Rosen! Must see TV!

I'll be honest, I didn't see the Rosen Show playing out like this.  I think he comes off as a pompous ass and I was VERY happy that we didn't draft him.  But I still thought he was going to be good.  I thought he got railroaded in AZ and I was not happy when MIA got him.  But from all accounts, he's not seizing the moment, by any means.

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I'll be honest, I didn't see the Rosen Show playing out like this.  I think he comes off as a pompous ass and I was VERY happy that we didn't draft him.  But I still thought he was going to be good.  I thought he got railroaded in AZ and I was not happy when MIA got him.  But from all accounts, he's not seizing the moment, by any means.

Yeah, I’m mostly just hopeful he’ll be terrible. I’m sure MIA & NYJ hope this about Allen. We’ve all suffered too long with NE* to allow another Division foe to pick up where Brady* leaves off.. Darnold scares me!

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

Yeah, I’m mostly just hopeful he’ll be terrible. I’m sure MIA & NYJ hope this about Allen. We’ve all suffered too long with NE* to allow another Division foe to pick up where Brady* leaves off.. Darnold scares me!

I think Darnold and Allen will shake out to be the best two of class.  Darnold scares me, too.  But the Jets do things like hire Gase and Gregggggggg, so we have that going for us.

Just now, Gugny said:

I think Darnold and Allen will shake out to be the best two of class.  Darnold scares me, too.  But the Jets do things like hire Gase and Gregggggggg, so we have that going for us.

? Yep, they got THAT goin’ for ‘em

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird that chugging beer is something that think is cool.  I know this fat guy who would destroy anyone at beer chugging.  But he’s not cool.  He’s just an alcoholic. 

You are going out of your way to be unique/go against the grain.  This makes no sense and sharing the story about your fat friend has literally zero relevance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

It will be interesting to see this play out. Allen chugged a beer in that HR derby thing or whatever a month or two back. There’s a different vibe to each clip though. Allen’s is more relaxed and fun loving. Mayfield’s is intense in an almost uncomfortable way.

I could definitely see those differences play out on the field, but I don’t know which is necessarily better. Allen may be cooler under pressure. Mayfield’s intensity could lead to either clutch play late or someone prone to mental mistakes. I would think leadership wise players would take to Allen more, but Mayfield might be able to light a fire under players better.

At this point, I see them as head and shoulders above the rest of their class. 

This is awesome.   Literally a film breakdown of the two beer chugging events as they relate to QB play...  and for the most part I agree! 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You are going out of your way to be unique/go against the grain.  This makes no sense and sharing the story about your fat friend has literally zero relevance.

You mean you like you do?  And I never said he was my friend.