NFL Network Top 100 Players - total snub?

35 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m surprised so many people in this thread don’t understand that it’s not the media or NFL network making the list and that it’s actually the players that are voting on this. 

Players vote for all-star games too. It’s the same type of popularity contest. They vote for their friends and on reputation. Also, a very, very small percentage of players actually vote. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

I keep waiting for Tre or Micah’s name to be called but it’s looking more and more like a total snub. 

It is unfair for sure. Micah Hyde is a seriously good player. It is almost like a clique as far as voting. If the Bills make the playoffs then he gets consideration. Opponents sure as heck know who he is.

45 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Players vote for all-star games too. It’s the same type of popularity contest. They vote for their friends and on reputation. Also, a very, very small percentage of players actually vote. 

oh. i'm not saying its perfect. some players don't have a pulse of whats going on around the league at all. but I think its interesting to see a players only vote. its not like this is some sort of media hype machine.

…. that being said. white and hyde are deserving.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:18 AM, Stank_Nasty said:

oh. i'm not saying its perfect. some players don't have a pulse of whats going on around the league at all. but I think its interesting to see a players only vote. its not like this is some sort of media hype machine.

…. that being said. white and hyde are deserving.

I agree that the Bills have guys that could be in there. It’s only something like 10% of the league that votes though so it isn’t indicative of everyone. As an example if 22% of the AFC West votes and 6% of the AFC East the guys out West are more likely to be selected because the players are more familiar with them.

EDIT: 1,098 players submitted ballots this year. That’s way higher than in previous years (65% of the league).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I’m surprised so many people in this thread don’t understand that it’s not the media or NFL network making the list and that it’s actually the players that are voting on this. 

Again, the list is silly NFLN hype. I’d say most are aware it’s a player vote, ( so is the pro bowl, in part) but that often becomes a popularity contest. Players vote for their friends, those in contract years etc. The Bills are an afterthought on that network, and around the league in many ways. Bottom line, the list doesn’t mean much. 

12 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Just silly NFLN hype. The Bills are afterthought in every aspect with their coverage. Doesn’t mean a thing.

Actually, they're not.  GMFB talks about them a lot.