Bills Training Camp Day 2 - 7/26

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One of the draft analysts said he’s Hockenson from a talent standpoint  but was in an offense that didn’t use him.

He's significantly faster than Hockenson.  I don't know if there are any aspects where Hockenson can claim an advantage.

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

One of the draft analysts said he’s Hockenson from a talent standpoint  but was in an offense that didn’t use him.

Beane seemed dead set on getting him in the draft room video the Bills did. I have to admit, watching him move he looks really good. Hopefully he can block too.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Here's what I'm thinking....they're going to evaluate McCoy along with Singletary all camp.  

I think the plan is one more year of McCoy and then hopefully Singletary steps up next year. 

However, if Singletary shows legitimate promise early......I think Beane's phone will be a little more open.  Especially if a starting RB goes down in camp somewhere.  

Exactly. You don't want to devalue McCoy any more if you think you can flip him for an asset. Keep acting like he's your #1.

5 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

He's significantly faster than Hockenson.  I don't know if there are any aspects where Hockenson can claim an advantage.

Blocking, definitely. At least at this stage of their respective development. Hockenson has very good technique already.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Interesting thing Jeremy White has brought up.  He's talking about the McCoy rumors.  A texter brought up getting rid of McCoy and going with Singletary.

He didn't agree with it but didn't bring up a point.

McCoy isn't in the embedded series other than Allen bantering him for spoiling the Avengers movie, he hasn't met with the media much in the offseason and Beane's comments this morning.  Basically Beane just said "when the ball roles out, McCoy will get the first rep".  Sounds like Beane left the door open and didn't fully commit to McCoy?

I have a suspicion that one of the main reasons for McCoy avoiding the media, and the lingering question of his poor numbers last season, is that he wants to avoid talking smack about his team. It's an unanswerable question for him. His lack of production is either about him, and/or the lack of talent on the O-line. You can't ask him to put the entire onus of such a crappy season on his own shoulders, only, without begging the question of why he is still here. There is no good answer for him to feed to the media. 

• Like (+1) 6

The Shady thing is actually pretty easy.  With the cap number he as exactly zero trade value.  The Bills have plenty of cap space so don't need to worry about that.  So if he has any value he stays, if not he gets cut.  

• Like (+1) 3