Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Jets trade Darron Lee to Chiefs

He’s a way better fit as an OLB in a 4-3 in KC than an ILB in the 3-4 in NJ. But why is NJ sticking with the 3-4 (as was reported) instead of going to the 4-3 with Greggg?

1 hour ago, TPS said:

So the end result of the Ragland trade is it was used to move up for Knox.  We'll see how it pans out...

Still don’t know how we got a 4th and Lee got a 6th.  Ragland was a 2nd round pick coming off a torn ACL who had never played a regular season snap in the nfl. Lee is a 1st rounder with no ACL, going into his 4th season ... guessing it’s probably just that he will be a FA after this season 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Lee, yuck. I remember a lot of Bills fans wanted him pre draft that year. I still don't understand why. He was the Andre Dillard, Mason Rudolph of that draft for me. 

I think he sucks, but in fairness to him, he is not a 3-4 inside linebacker. He was miscast from day 1. If the Chiefs play him as the WILL in their Spags 4-3, I think he could be serviceable. 

I still think he could be a top 5 WLB in the NFL. I would have done that trade in a hear beat. I still don’t know why the Jets drafted him, you have to factor in your scheme when building a draft board. Similar to when the Bills thought Lawson was athletic enough to play OLB in a 3-4. Beane does an amazing job of finding talent that fits our scheme. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Huge waste for the Jets and a nice pick-up for the Chiefs.

I think it will end Ragland time between FA and this pick-up.

Nice Job of Beane getting a 4th for Ragland.

That 4th was involved in moving up to nab Dawson Knox. 

The 5th he got for McCarron was used to get Ford.

He got a 2nd for Sammy Watkins , 3rd for Darby which basically got us Allen and Edmunds. 

Beane is THE MAN!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

lol, ok, I gotta head over to the Jets board and see how they're holding up after all this today...

edit: as expected, not well

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/lee-traded-to-kc-for-a-6th-roundet.92405/

Thanks much for the highly entertaining link Dr D!! Love to wallow in other hated fan bases’ misery—(besides noticing their board has no salty language censorship in honor of today apparently) my favorite gem is from “Broadway Sam,” who opines,I thought the Gase hire would take at least a season to prove to be awful but wow he exceeded expectations.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 2

How lucky have the Bills been that Gase has gone from Miami to the Jets?

Maybe Beane has been kissed on the backside by that leprechaun...

• Haha (+1) 1

Not gonna lie, I wish the Bills had given a 5th rounder for Lee. I think he'd be great as a Will in McDermott's defense. Oh well.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

I love reading the jets and fins boards when things go south lmao.

I imagine ours is Must See viewing on occasion as well..

• Like (+1) 2

Keep this in mind: if Beane keeps drafting the way he does, imagine what our roster will look like in a couple of more years.  :)

Edited by Peace Frog

Chiefs are smart, Jets are dumb.

NFL parity at work. I like D Lee as a 3-4 OLB.

Maybe KC has something....

Don't like seeing KC pick up value for peanuts.

Jets will be Jets

Unbelievable trade. Truly unbelievable. Gase flexing his muscles. He'll go down with the ship.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Unbelievable trade. Truly unbelievable. Gase flexing his muscles. He'll go down with the ship.

Cue @ScottLaw with some iteration of “McD is no better” in 3...2...1...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

What are we gonna get for Shaq?

Probably better than a 6th.

7 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

This is a bad, bad, bad trade. Yes, Buffalo traded Dareus for a sixth, but it's because the previous regime overpaid a clearly unmotivated Dareus.

Lee was only making a shade over 2 per... there was nothing to be gained selling him low.

I think we ended up getting a 5th for Dareus due to conditions being met.

Just checked and it did become a 5th.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 4

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Not gonna lie, I wish the Bills had given a 5th rounder for Lee. I think he'd be great as a Will in McDermott's defense. Oh well.

Better than Milano? If you want him as a backup, you are giving up a 5th for a backup who would be a one year rental because he’s a FA this year. Then there his drug problem. I wouldn’t go near him if I’m the Bills. I think the chiefs actually need him to start (until he’s suspended again)

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Lined up as a FB. Please get rid of DiMarco

Hopefully we start using DiMarco.  Hes hasnt been anything I thought he would be when originally signed.

9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So, Ian, if I can call you Ian, what the ***** exactly constitutes first round talent? This is the most idiotic of twits.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

This is a bad, bad, bad trade. Yes, Buffalo traded Dareus for a sixth, but it's because the previous regime overpaid a clearly unmotivated Dareus.

Lee was only making a shade over 2 per... there was nothing to be gained selling him low.

He was played out of position by the Jets.  As indicated in another post, he could be a weak side backer in a 4-3.  It looks like Gase is pulling the same thing he did in Miami.  Get rid of good players that he doesn't like and put inferior talent on the field.  Just another sad chapter in Jets football.

Lee was never a difference maker or game-changer against the Bills. For that reason alone I will miss him. Too small to be effective as a run defender and average in pass coverage. 

Like Lawson he was overdrafted.

Edited by billsbackto81

30 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

So, Ian, if I can call you Ian, what the ***** exactly constitutes first round talent? This is the most idiotic of twits.

He ran a fast 40 and was good in college. He played the same role that guys like shazier and devin bush played (viper) which is highly desirable to have a sideline to sideline guy who can cover and blitz. That said he never should have gone that high for a few reasons. He only played the LB position for 2 years before he went to the nfl. He was a converted ... wait for it... quarterback. I think he lacks the LB mentality and instincts, not to mention the size needed in the nfl. I believe he will be better in a different scheme, but have a lot of concern about him having long term nfl success. He has a lot of issues off the field and I think they affect him on the field