Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JoeF

What the hell is wrong with Dawson Knox? Only draftee not signed..(6/14 - Now Signed-Go Dawson!!!)

Recommended Posts

Isnt this a compensatory pick?  Maybe that's a sticky point.  Its outside the top 32 picks of round 2.  Seems like they are wait til pick 32 and so on sign vs 1st pick of rd 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, without a drought said:

So you're saying it could happen...

 

 

...now I'm getting nervous

Maybe....it will be close

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meanwhile, in news that actually matters... he's practicing and looks awesome:

http://expo.newyorkupstate.com/sports/g66l-2019/05/2157e6920ded4/buffalo-bills-week-2-otas-2019-josh-allen-lights-it-up-7-observations.html

 

"2. Bills may have something special in Dawson Knox

Overreaction alert, I know. But Knox was thrust into significant first-team reps after Tyler Kroft broke his foot last week and he flashed some major skills in the practice setting. He caught a touchdown and made some nice grabs throughout team drills. Allen was looking to get him the ball and two of his grabs were some of Allen's highlight-throws. One was a perfectly-placed over-the-shoulder grab on a 20-yard out route and the other was a simple play-action, quick hitter over the middle. If Knox can find a way to get on the field his speed can be a real addition to this Bills offense."

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Locomark said:

No one said he was an "All Bright Knox".....  (spelling incorrect intentionally for the anal retentives out there...)

No, but  

 

He's hoping to be "Fort Knox"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

https://www.buffalobills.com/audio/dawson-knox-whatever-opportunity-i-m-given-i-want-to-make-the-most-of-it

 

Okay, I like this kid (really impressive).....sorry for questioning his intellect.    He definitely fits the culture.  Walk-On on at Ole Miss.  Hard work got him on the field.  Learned a lot from playing behind Evan Engram. 

 

Waiting on other deals to get done to sign. 

 

Best part of the interview:

- Grew up a Titans fan

- Said he now believes that homerun throwback was a forward pass 🙂

 

Edited by JoeF
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JoeF said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/audio/dawson-knox-whatever-opportunity-i-m-given-i-want-to-make-the-most-of-it

 

Okay, I like this kid (really impressive).....sorry for questioning his intellect.    He definitely fits the culture.  Walk-On on at Ole Miss.  Hard work got him on the field.  Learned a lot from playing behind Evan Engram. 

 

Waiting on other deals to get done to sign. 

 

Best part of the interview:

- Grew up a Titans fan

- Said he now believes that homerun throwback was a forward pass 🙂

 

Yeah that was a pretty good interview seemed pretty relaxed and to have things pretty well put together as a rookie for whatever that's worth. The deal also doesn't seem to really be on his mind at all, just something his agent is handling that's waiting on picks closer to his to get signed for something to base off, seemed pretty focused on football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like almost every other Bill I've heard recently, Knox sounds smart and committed to being the best player he can be.  "I'm focused on outworking the guy ahead of me."  Of course, right now with Kroft and Croom both on the shelf, the bar isn't just set low, there is no bar for him to try and exceed.  He's still working his tail off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JoeF said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/audio/dawson-knox-whatever-opportunity-i-m-given-i-want-to-make-the-most-of-it

 

Okay, I like this kid (really impressive).....sorry for questioning his intellect.    He definitely fits the culture.  Walk-On on at Ole Miss.  Hard work got him on the field.  Learned a lot from playing behind Evan Engram. 

 

Waiting on other deals to get done to sign. 

 

Best part of the interview:

- Grew up a Titans fan

- Said he now believes that homerun throwback was a forward pass 🙂

 

and when he gets to the Pats he will say they never cheated.

when he gets to Cowboys he will say all those DV charges are made up and wrong.

when he gets to Raiders he will say those trades Gruden made to dump great payers were genius and Richie is normal.

 

Players modify their opinions all the time based on location.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah that was a pretty good interview seemed pretty relaxed and to have things pretty well put together as a rookie for whatever that's worth. The deal also doesn't seem to really be on his mind at all, just something his agent is handling that's waiting on picks closer to his to get signed for something to base off, seemed pretty focused on football.

He indicated that his agent is waiting on a couple others to sign and then it will be done 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He indicated that his agent is waiting on a couple others to sign and then it will be done 

So not much in terms of leadership I guess.  Will he wait for Lee Smith to run new routes first?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice interview.  Sounds like a good kid with a solid head on his shoulders.  Love the part about being a Titans fan growing up and watching Home Run Throwup as a 5-year old...he said "I went back and looked at the tape and I think it was a forward pass."  :lol:  Smart kid.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bills rookie TE Dawson Knox has "already impressed" during spring practices.

 

Knox (6'4/254) was the Bills' No. 96 overall pick this past draft after posting a 4.58 forty at the Combine. His speed has been on display at OTAs and Josh Allen has praised Knox's familiarity with the playbook. Historically, it's been rare for rookie tight ends to produce, but Knox should at least see a healthy amount of snaps with little ahead of him on the depth chart.

 

SOURCE: BuffaloBills.com

Jun 2, 2019, 7:49 PM ET

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knox will start Opening Day and every game after til he hangs ‘em up.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is why I am against the Kyle Rudolph idea. We drafted this kid, Knox, to be our starting Tight End down the road. Now the idea was for Tyler Kroft to be the vet who held the fort this year, letting Knox only have to play in certain packages and bringing him along slowly. But circumstances now mean that the opportunity is there for this kid to start as a rookie. I'd give him every chance to show he is ready for that.

 

His ceiling is very high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This is why I am against the Kyle Rudolph idea. We drafted this kid, Knox, to be our starting Tight End down the road. Now the idea was for Tyler Kroft to be the vet who held the fort this year, letting Knox only have to play in certain packages and bringing him along slowly. But circumstances now mean that the opportunity is there for this kid to start as a rookie. I'd give him every chance to show he is ready for that.

 

His ceiling is very high.

 

Yup.  It's why I didn't want anything to do with trading or signing guys like AB, OBJ, Bell or even Rudolph.  Let them develop their own versions (Foster, Singletary, Jones, Knox, etc.).

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doc said:

 

Yup.  It's why I didn't want anything to do with trading or signing guys like AB, OBJ, Bell or even Rudolph.  Let them develop their own versions (Foster, Singletary, Jones, Knox, etc.).

 

If they could have found a top quality #1 WR I'd have been in favour of that for the right price because FA this year didn't have one and I am not sure this year's draft did either. But spots like pass rush, running back and tight end where there were draft options I was much more of the view the Bills should seek to draft and develop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

If they could have found a top quality #1 WR I'd have been in favour of that for the right price because FA this year didn't have one and I am not sure this year's draft did either. But spots like pass rush, running back and tight end where there were draft options I was much more of the view the Bills should seek to draft and develop.

 

If they could have found a top quality #1 WR who didn't have baggage, sure.  In the absence of that, I was fine with them adding Brown and Beasley and developing Foster and Jones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2019 at 3:44 AM, Chandler#81 said:

Knox will start Opening Day and every game after til he hangs ‘em up.

 

Fingers crossed.

 

If he sticks and grows into the role it will be great for Josh.

 

There were 3 tight ends I wanted in this draft. The 1st there was no way...the other 2 the Bills did not snag.

 

I am not rooting against this kid, but if he shines you have to hand it to our scouts and have to wonder just how poorly Ol' Miss utilized him.

 

I felt that for Allen to grow, he needed a solid outlet TE who can block on the edges and a big target he could depend on to leverage his hot read and dump options.

 

Good luck "Hard Knox", "Fort Knox"....something will stick.

 

 

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Our long national nightmare is over! ;)

 

Haha! Just inked a 4 year deal, per Bills mobile.

 

@JoeF...time to update your thread title to 'Signed'. :beer:

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Our long national nightmare is over! ;)

hallelujah !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...