Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Circlethewagon8404

2019 NFL bold predictions

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Seriously? Allen is barely in year 2 by then...he likely will need mentoring at least through his 3rd season

It's more a statement on Derek Anderson, than Allen. Anderson was never more than mediocre at best. The best thing he has going for him as a vet is that he has been in the league for so long. But, he hasn't played an entire season since '07. (That was, in fact, his only full season). I have to wonder how much Allen is getting from the guy at this point. And, let's not forget, Allen's "vet mentor" going into his rookie season was Late Nate Peterman.

 

Also, if Tyree Jackson shows himself to be a worthy prospect, which is certainly plausible (albeit, another bold prediction), then other teams will know it, and they may not want him on the PS. And, they're certainly not going to carry four QBs. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bears and Colts go to the Superbowl.

 

Rodgers gets hurt again and Packers have a top 3 pick.   Will get weird about whether or not they take a QB to replace Rodgers or WR to help him. 

Edited by BillsfaninSB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, H2o said:

My Bold Predictions:

 

3. Josh Allen will complete at least 65% of his passes. 

 

In 18 years as a starter, Tom Brady* has managed that seven times, mostly with deflated balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

It's more a statement on Derek Anderson, than Allen. Anderson was never more than mediocre at best. The best thing he has going for him as a vet is that he has been in the league for so long. But, he hasn't played an entire season since '07. (That was, in fact, his only full season). I have to wonder how much Allen is getting from the guy at this point. And, let's not forget, Allen's "vet mentor" going into his rookie season was Late Nate Peterman.

 

Also, if Tyree Jackson shows himself to be a worthy prospect, which is certainly plausible (albeit, another bold prediction), then other teams will know it, and they may not want him on the PS. And, they're certainly not going to carry four QBs. 

Just because a guy might not have the physical tools to play well in the NFL doesnt mean he cant teach someone else a lot who DOES have those tools...in fact most of the time guys like Anderson can stick around so long precisely because they know so much about what is going on...

Edited by matter2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brady suffers major injury in first meeting with Buffalo and decides to retire. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Just because a guy might not have the physical tools to play well in the NFL doesnt mean he cant teach someone else a lot who DOES have those tools...in fact most of the time guys like Anderson can stick around so long precisely because they know so much about what is going on...

"Might not have the physical tools" sounds like a kind euphemism for "doesn't have the talent." In the seven years prior to arriving in Buffalo, Anderson started a total of four games. And, last year, when we signed him six weeks into the season, it would not be inaccurate to say that we were desperate. It's easy to forget how mind-bogglingly bad the quarterback position was managed last season. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

"Might not have the physical tools" sounds like a kind euphemism for "doesn't have the talent." In the seven years prior to arriving in Buffalo, Anderson started a total of four games. And, last year, when we signed him six weeks into the season, it would not be inaccurate to say that we were desperate. It's easy to forget how mind-bogglingly bad the quarterback position was managed last season. 

Yeah...and those are the guys who HAVE to know their stuff to stay in the league because they don't have the talent to beat you physically...they have to be able to use their smarts and know what is going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah...and those are the guys who HAVE to know their stuff to stay in the league because they don't have the talent to beat you physically...they have to be able to use their smarts and know what is going on.

This is a pretty weird statement. "... don't have the talent to beat you physically...?" He had four starts in seven years, so... he had to have the smarts to know what was going on from the bench? Is that what you're saying? I suppose that's true... If he spent so much time as a backup, and didn't get canned, then yeah, I'm sure he was paying attention to the game, and knew what was going on. I'm just not sure that's a ringing endorsement to be Allen's mentor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like

4 hours ago, H2o said:

My Bold Predictions:

 

1. Bills finish no worse than 2nd in the AFCE at 11-5 getting at least a WC birth. 

2. Shady has a bounce-back year tallying over 1,000 yards rushing and 1,500+ yards from scrimmage. 

3. Josh Allen will complete at least 65% of his passes. 

4. Tampa wins 10 with Arians running the show and Winston looks like a #1 overall pick.

5. Pittsburgh goes 5-11 and Mike Tomlin gets fired. 

6. The NY Giants will conjure memories of the old Lions teams riding Saquon like Barry Sanders scratching at a WC birth. 

7. Dwayne Haskins wins the job in TC/Preseason ove Keenum and wins the OROY while leading the Redskins to the NFCE title. 

8. The Cowboys take a step back and Jason Garrett finally gets fired. 

9. The Oakland Raiders will bench Derek Carr by week 6 and end up with the worst record in the NFL. 

10. The NFCW will be the worst division in football with the winner holding an 8-8 record. 

11. Cleveland will run away with the NFCN having the division won with 3 weeks left to play.

12. Baltimore's defense will finish in the 20's this year while people expose Jackson just like Kaepernick and Tyrod. They will be bottom feeding with Pittsburgh. 

13. Deshaun Watson gets injured early and misses most of the season.

14. Nick Foles becomes the Nick Foles of LA/St. Louis again and Marrone/Coughlin get canned. 

15. Marlon Mack will lead the NFL in rushing. 

 

Damn that's a lot of bold.

I could envision: 8, 12, or 14

I would heavily bet against any of the other things happening.

He did say bold, though, so I have to give you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

-Chiefs, Bears, and Patriots miss playoffs.

-Jets win division.

-Falcons win Superbowl over Colts.

Edited by Doc Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bills will be top 3 in rushing yards

 

People will complain that we are not throwing the ball enough.....

 

The offense for the bills will take a huge leap

 

Dawson Knox ends up becoming a stud TE

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

...mostly with deflated balls.

Which?  😁

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

People will complain that we are not throwing the ball enough.....

😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Estro said:

I like

Damn that's a lot of bold.

I could envision: 8, 12, or 14

I would heavily bet against any of the other things happening.

He did say bold, though, so I have to give you that.

 

Why would you "bet heavily" against 13 (Watson getting injured)? That seems easily possible.

 

I agree that H2O has some really bold predictions there though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

You want bold? I'll give you bold.

 

Jets finish last in the division, behind even Miami.

....carp lips greggo goes ham on gase in a season long feud while the team implodes...

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here goes:

 

Devin Singletary will be the starting RB by game 7.

 

The Bills beat the Patriots not once but twice.

 

The Bills win the AFC East with an 11-5 record.

 

Tyree Jackson gets one start in 2019...and wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. During mid season Tampa is switched to AFCS, Miami to NFCS and Jax to AFCE as part of their announced move to London.  Doing this move during the year results in some scheduling glitches which result in NE winning the AFCE via a tiebreaker they would have otherwise lost.

 

2. Miami stinks bad, drafts a QB at the top and trades Rosen to Jax to replace he injured Foles.  The AFCE has 3 2018 R1 QBs again in 2020.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 7:25 PM, Rocky Landing said:

My BOLD PREDICTIONS:

1. Derek Anderson is cut, and Tyree plays third string. 

2. Gore is not on the team come September. 

3. Dion Dawkins does not start week one. 

4. Jake Fisher becomes #2 TE on the depth chart. 

 

was this posted before or after  Derek Anderson announced his retirement.  ???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay so I usually try 4 Bills related Bolds and 4 NFL bolds so here goes:

 

Bills related

1. Quinton Spain goes to the Pro-Bowl;

2. Tyler Kroft leads the team in TD receptions;

3. LeSean McCoy signs off with his third 1,000 yard rushing season in 5 years with the Bills and is less than 200 yards away from his stated goal of 12,000 career yards;

4. Trent Murphy does not make the final 53.

 

League wide

1. Patrick Mahomes throws fewer than 30 touchdowns and the Chiefs miss the playoffs;

2. Shanahan and Lynch fail again to reach .500 and are fired in San Francisco;

3. Tampa Bay wins the NFCS;

4. The Dallas Cowboys make the Superbowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson Knox finishes the year with 500+ Yards receiving along with 5+ TD's

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 11:55 PM, ALLEN1QB said:

Brady suffers major injury in first meeting with Buffalo and decides to retire. 

Hit by an ‘appliance’ while standing on the sidelines?...

🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sammy Watkins has more receptions, yards and TD's than Antonio Brown.

Cole Beasley will lead the Bills in receptions and yards.

The patriots and Cowboys will play in the least watched Super Bowl ever.

Another patriots cheating scandal leaks after the Super Bowl and Belichick retires because of it.

The Jaguars announce they're moving to London.

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

 

was this posted before or after  Derek Anderson announced his retirement.  ???? 

Before.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Sean McDermott breaks both arms in training camp due to excessive clapping, rendering him unable to coach;

 

Bills replace him with QB-whisperer Mike Leach;

 

Josh Allen throws for 5000 yards and 50 TDs in 13 games - we rest him for the last 3, having clinched home field throughout the playoffs;

 

Ed Oliver is ROY, Josh Allen MVP;

 

The Bills have ten players named to the Pro Bowl - none can go because we’re playing in the Superbowl;

 

We clobber the Cheatriots in all 3 meetings, on our way to...

 

19 and 0 baby!!!

 

GO BILLSSS!!!! 🏈🍺😎

 

(Josh Allen wins a car and a trip to DisneyWorld.)

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, The Senator said:

 

Sean McDermott breaks both arms in training camp due to excessive clapping, rendering him unable to coach;

 

Bills replace him with QB-whisperer Mike Leach;

 

Josh Allen throws for 5000 yards and 50 TDs in 13 games - we rest him for the last 3, having clinched home field throughout the playoffs;

 

Ed Oliver is ROY, Josh Allen MVP;

 

The Bills have ten players named to the Pro Bowl - none can go because we’re playing in the Superbowl;

 

We clobber the Cheatriots in all 3 meetings, on our way to...

 

19 and 0 baby!!!

 

GO BILLSSS!!!! 🏈🍺😎

 

(Josh Allen wins a car and a trip to DisneyWorld.)

.

Because he is so appreciative of Bills fans, Josh Allen raffles the car off on TSW. Winner: Rocky Landing!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm surprised that nobody brought up Mark Sanchez's bold prediction yesterday on Total Access that the Jests would go 13-3 ... only because they have the division already won and allowed the Bills to win the last game since they rested their starters.

 

My bold predictions are ...

  1. The Miami Dolphins win between 5 and 8 games, and aren't in running for the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes after mid-season.
  2. The NY Jests DO NOT win 13 games ... maybe 9 but not double digits.
  3. The Bills fail to win 10 or more games for the 20th straight season.
  4. NFL DCs do not effectively figure out how to stop Lamar Jackson and the Ravens offense so the Browns and Ravens fight it out for the AFCN and both make the playoffs.
  5. Jameis Winston plays all sixteen games but the Bucs win enough to lose out in the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes by a hair.
  6. Marcus Mariota plays all sixteen games but the Titans win the "tanking for Tua" sweepstakes anyways.
  7. Kliff Kingsbury gets fired before the season ends when his "Air Raid Offense" crashes and burns despite the heroics of Kyler Murray, David Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald.
  8. NFL DCs finally figure out Jimmy Garoppolo because he finally plays more than 5 games in a season ... and proves once again the genius of Bill Belichick in netting a high pick for another mediocre QB.
  9. The Seattle Seahawks re-emerge as the true power in the NFCW and serve Belichick and Brady with poetic justice with a goal line INT in the closing seconds to cement their second Super Bowl win under Russell Wilson who is named SB MVP.
Edited by SoTier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...