2019 NFL bold predictions

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030275/article/2019-nfl-bold-predictions-derek-carrs-back-pittsburghs-wack

8) Sean McDermott earns Coach of the Year honors.

Back in early April, I predicted Buffalo would be the NFL's Cinderella team in 2019. In the wake of a draft that saw the Bills steal DT Ed Oliver and wisely move up for OL Cody Ford, I fully stand by that Cinderella forecast. GM Brandon Beane has done a fantastic job building this roster. But my bullishness on the Bills stems most from the guy in the headset.

McDermott is a fantastic teacher and leader of men. His defense quietly ranked second in the NFL in yards allowed last season. And his team exudes toughness and discipline, giving Buffalo a great opportunity to overachieve.

As much as I like the Bills being underdogs, I also love them getting some national attention.  I've always appreciated Adam Shein's comments and actually believe that he's on point with most of his predictions.  From what he's done and accomplished the last couple of seasons, I could definitely see this happening.  Additionally, if he does earn Coach of the Year honors, that means we're a playoff team.  GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Here's a bold prediction.  Very bold.  Josh Allen leads the league in passing percentage

You a betting man? I like your optimism, but that isn't going to happen(assuming you meant completion percentage).

As to the question, I predict Tom Brady will finally hit the wall. Never fell into that trap in the past, but I now believe it's over. His arm is going to fail him. He'll probably will his way to a "decent" season, but nothing like we've seen in the past.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

Here's a bold prediction.  Very bold.  Josh Allen leads the league in passing percentage

That’s just silly because he attempts a lot of vertical throws. I do think he will hit 60% this year though. I also think he has a shot to lead the league in pass completions 15+ yards down field.

• Like (+1) 1

- Raiders win 10+ games and make the playoffs
- Chiefs cannot duplicate last year's success, barely sneak in as a wild card with 9 wins

- Lamar Jackson has a terrible year, Ravens have a losing season

- Le'Veon Bell has a career worst season behind bad Jets o-line
- Joe Flacco does poorly in Denver, Drew Lock starts 7+ games

- Jimmy Garappolo does NOT have a very good season. John Lynch gets fired. 49ers are left wondering if they still need to find a franchise QB
- Seahawks win NFC West
- Cam Newton has a bad year, causing a "should they start Will Grier?" debate
- Bruce Arians gets the Bucs back on track with 9 wins and a wild card playoff berth
- Buffalo mother*****in Bills win 11 games

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

By the end of the 2019 season, all teams will be looking to replace uniform ‘stripes’ with lightning bolts.

You said ‘bold’.  Not ‘good’ or ‘accurate’.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

- Jimmy Garappolo does NOT have a very good season.

Does it have anything to do with whom he’s dating?

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Logic said:

- Bruce Arians gets the Bucs back on track with 9 wins and a wild card playoff berth

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I thought Carson Palmer was TOAST before his mini-run in Arizona.

If anyone is going to get Winston going, it's Arians. They definitely have some talent.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You a betting man? I like your optimism, but that isn't going to happen(assuming you meant completion percentage).

As to the question, I predict Tom Brady will finally hit the wall. Never fell into that trap in the past, but I now believe it's over. His arm is going to fail him. He'll probably will his way to a "decent" season, but nothing like we've seen in the past.

Just being hopeful

31 minutes ago, billspro said:

That’s just silly because he attempts a lot of vertical throws. I do think he will hit 60% this year though. I also think he has a shot to lead the league in pass completions 15+ yards down field.

I would be very happy with 60% and believe that it's doable. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

- Raiders win 10+ games and make the playoffs
- Chiefs cannot duplicate last year's success, barely sneak in as a wild card with 9 wins

- Lamar Jackson has a terrible year, Ravens have a losing season

- Le'Veon Bell has a career worst season behind bad Jets o-line
- Joe Flacco does poorly in Denver, Drew Lock starts 7+ games

- Jimmy Garappolo does NOT have a very good season. John Lynch gets fired. 49ers are left wondering if they still need to find a franchise QB
- Seahawks win NFC West
- Cam Newton has a bad year, causing a "should they start Will Grier?" debate
- Buffalo mother*****in Bills win 11 games

I do agree that Cam will have a bad year.  But I think that Will Grier will only start the last game or 2 for an underachieving Panthers team and he will become the starter in 2020.

1 hour ago, Circlethewagon8404 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001030275/article/2019-nfl-bold-predictions-derek-carrs-back-pittsburghs-wack

? Sean McDermott earns Coach of the Year honors.

Back in early April, I predicted Buffalo would be the NFL's Cinderella team in 2019. In the wake of a draft that saw the Bills steal DT Ed Oliver and wisely move up for OL Cody Ford, I fully stand by that Cinderella forecast. GM Brandon Beane has done a fantastic job building this roster. But my bullishness on the Bills stems most from the guy in the headset.

McDermott is a fantastic teacher and leader of men. His defense quietly ranked second in the NFL in yards allowed last season. And his team exudes toughness and discipline, giving Buffalo a great opportunity to overachieve.

As much as I like the Bills being underdogs, I also love them getting some national attention.  I've always appreciated Adam Shein's comments and actually believe that he's on point with most of his predictions.  From what he's done and accomplished the last couple of seasons, I could definitely see this happening.  Additionally, if he does earn Coach of the Year honors, that means we're a playoff team.  GO BILLS!

I love McDermott but calling the team ‘disciplined’?  They weren’t last year (although much of that may be attributable to the O players he was dealing with). 

Bold prediction: Bills beat Pats once and sweep the rest of the AFCE. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Wouldn't surprise me one bit. I thought Carson Palmer was TOAST before his mini-run in Arizona.

If anyone is going to get Winston going, it's Arians. They definitely have some talent.

Here was Winston yesterday, using his head as a golf tee

Seems like he's really getting ready to be a winner

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

My BOLD PREDICTIONS:

1. Derek Anderson is cut, and Tyree plays third string. 

2. Gore is not on the team come September. 

3. Dion Dawkins does not start week one. 

4. Jake Fisher becomes #2 TE on the depth chart. 

Anderson is not getting cut unless they bring him back as a coach

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Anderson is not getting cut unless they bring him back as a coach

These are bold predictions after all. Derek’s use as a vet mentor may be played out by September. And Tyree might be an exciting enough prospect to keep around. 

Edited by Rocky Landing