[Vague Title] Just watched NFL Today on ESPN

This just in:  Television is about ratings.  Full stop.

Giving head to big markets like NYC, Boston and Miami feeds the beast.     Buffalo.   Not so much.

Even during the Super Bowl years, Buffalo got comparatively little national coverage.   It's the nature of the beast.

"Hey, sailor...Looking for a good time?"...

• Like (+1) 1

I have come to accept a Bills slight. Makes it all the sweeter when the Bills steal the division.

Learn to embrace the the snub. Its who we are. The Siberia Bills

Ain't it great

Edited by HOUSE

1 hour ago, Like A Mofo said:

Buffalo sports fans: You have to get over the fact that national outlets do NOT want to see your teams succeed, do NOT want to travel to Buffalo when they are on the road. They don't care about Buffalo. Stop yearning for validation from these talking heads once and for all.

That's very good advice, however I think it will go unheeded for the most part.  Victimhood culture is alive and well around these parts. 

6 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I have come to accept a Bills slight. Makes it all the sweater when the Bills steal the division.

Learn to embrace the the snubbing

Ain't it great

How much do those sweaters cost? 

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Is obviously working for the jets and Miami since they got some attention. 

Or maybe because of the market they are in and the media caters to? 

I mean, hot women get all the attention, fat women do not.  It's pretty simple really.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If your team needs to sign 17 free agents you don't deserve to be mentioned.

Just win. 

National exposure is all about winning. There is no anti-Buffalo bias. There is a losing bias. We lost for 17 years.

Indeed. Win and the positive attention will follow. 

But it ain't like the Jest and 'Phins are racking them up, either, so their inclusion and our exclusion in that ESPN segment isn't credible. 

2 hours ago, Like A Mofo said:

Buffalo sports fans: You have to get over the fact that national outlets do NOT want to see your teams succeed, do NOT want to travel to Buffalo when they are on the road. They don't care about Buffalo. Stop yearning for validation from these talking heads once and for all.

Yep!! There is one way to force them to begrudgingly talk about the Bills and that is by winning in a big way.

I used to get worked up about this stuff until I realized how insignificant it was. I remember one year where the Lions and Bills were both 4-0; people were jokingly lamenting a Lions Bills Superbowl. What that Bills team lacked was a star QB. It was Trentative.

If Josh Allen is the real deal, the Bills become a fascinating team. Same thing with the Chiefs. 

Like mentioned above, win games and the Bills will get attention.  Also this should include victories over the Jets, Dolphins, and Patriots.  Take control of the AFCE, should be first order of business going forward.

Why do people get so worked up over this stuff.

Who gives a flying fvck what the media thinks of the Bills? Good or bad.

You and I will be watching September 8th when the Bills invade the Jersey Swamp, no matter what is said about them.

5 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I agree that the Pats had a nice draft and I would like to have acquired Harry and Winovich, but I am quite pleased with what the Bills have done and for a national NFL media program to discuss the AFC East and not even mention the Bills is lazy and weak.  The Pats should still be the favorite in the division, but the Bills will make some noise and should be the 2nd best team in the division and a wild card contender.  I like Josh Rosen and think he will develop into a good QB, but the Dolphins are a dumpster fire.  The Jests have vastly improved their roster and have a 2nd year QB with talent, but I'm not sure that Adam Gase is a very good HC.  His track record in Miami is less than impressive.

I love Winovich, but we have bigger needs and they can spend draft capital on someone that they can scheme with. We need draft capital to make the team competitive!

4 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Keep enjoying those 1pm games...

Will do!

My personal preferences include:

• Watching Bills games
  • Not paying for cable
  • Watching football in the comfort of home
  • Not participating in scavenging for links to stream Bills games illegally
  • Watching NFL games at the 1:00 PM slot on Sundays
  • Watching the Bills win games...

I very much dislike when games are only available on cable or with NFL Network.  

It's gross feeling manipulated into going to a bar or paying for cable to watch what should be available to NY taxpayers over the air, free of charge for the cost of watching commercials.

I don't know what it would be like to suffer through a season when the Bills are expected to be great, therefore having several night games scheduled.  It just feels like a dirty money grab and may turn me off from NFL football altogether, but I'll cross that bridge after the tides turn in the Bills favor eventually.

5 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

They evaluated the draft, free agency and coaching on the Jets, the Fins and the Patriots.....but not the Bills.  The guy who lives in South Beach almost fainted with praise for Josh Rosen and the Dolphins draft (he included Rosen as a 2nd round pick) and the free agency.....gave them a C.  They signed Fitz and one other guy, and lost Cam Wake, their QB and another guy.  They earned a C because they dumped some salary cap room for next year.  They all agreed that the future star QB in the East is Darnold, and then they went a little nuts over the New England draft, giving it an A+ because they drafted N'Keal Harry!!!  And Chase Winovich!!  

Meanwhile, the Bills, who signed 17+ free agents and had a really good draft?  Not worth mentioning.  Our defense that finished #2 in the league with several key players missing?  Not a peep.  We played New England twice, San Diego, Baltimore, the Saints, the Colts, the Bears, the Packers and Vikings, the Texans, Titans and Jags, and still had the number 2 overall defense in the league.  Not even mentioned.  

I know we're irrelevant.  We're not even a cute novelty to the media.  It's annoying.  The only people who pay any attention to this team at all are the fans and the team itself.

The Bills will never get any love until start winning with "style" consistently. When they destroy the Jets on opening day and crush NE about a month later the Bills will get what they earned. The Bills should use this a motivation. Buffalo vs everyone. 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Buff is not a big market, get over it. Stop watching ESPN if you’re gonna have a fit. There are plenty of more knowledgeable sources online and on social media that pay plenty of attention to the Bills and any other franchise you may care about (Cover 1 is one). Beauty of the internet.

this post is more insecure whinging. Fix your title. Goddamn

8 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I know we're irrelevant.  We're not even a cute novelty to the media.  It's annoying.  The only people who pay any attention to this team at all are the fans and the team itself.

We’re the only ones that matter.