Which One - Fitz, Tyrod, or Barkley as Your Your Backup?

Irv

On 5/4/2019 at 4:43 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Not really, he’s way worse than he’s given credit for here 

Cool.  So if I share a link from a game where he played great, do I win the argument?  I was at this game by the way.  Yeah it was time for him to go but he was solid for a stretch and was as effective at not turning over the football/not losing football games as just about any QB you’ll ever see.  In no universe is he not fit to be one of the better backups in the NFL.  And in no universe was he not better at winning football games than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Edited by metzelaars_lives
  • Like (+1) 1

On 4/29/2019 at 2:48 PM, Rc2catch said:

I’m taking Fitz 100%

You know where he went to school? That man is smart. 

In all seriousness I would take Fitz over the others as backup, as he’s the most capable to come out of the pen and get you some wins in an injury situation. Not to mention the guy has played for 1000 coaches and teams now he knows how to work a playbook and offense and apparently is quite good in the locker room 

Tyrod went to the playoffs as a starter, Fitz as much as I like him, never has with many more opportunities.

This isn't even a discussion. Tyrod is by far the best out of the 3.

7 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

Id go with Barkley 1 Tyrod 2 and Fitzy off the board bc that will ensure whoever is starting ahead of him will miss time, whether its to an injury or suspension. Happens everytime.

And why do you like Barkley over Tyrod? 

On 4/29/2019 at 3:47 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

Huge Fitz fanboy, but Barkley is my guy.  Watching him carve up the Jest was a highlight of the 2018 season.

You'd take Barkley over the guy that broke the drought despite his coach giving all his efforts to not have him start.... I'm really not sure where to go with that one. This boards so sensitive I'll just leave it at Tyrod 1, Barkley 0, Fitz 0 when it comes to leading a team to the playoffs.

I'll throw Allen in there at 0 too. Facts are facts. 

This board honestly sucks in regards to its treatment of Tyrod. I'm sure I'll be banned again for that statement. 

1 hour ago, Ol Dirty B said:

You'd take Barkley over the guy that broke the drought despite his coach giving all his efforts to not have him start.... I'm really not sure where to go with that one. This boards so sensitive I'll just leave it at Tyrod 1, Barkley 0, Fitz 0 when it comes to leading a team to the playoffs.

I'll throw Allen in there at 0 too. Facts are facts. 

This board honestly sucks in regards to its treatment of Tyrod. I'm sure I'll be banned again for that statement. 

Tyrod is far too risk averse to be anything but a backup.  Both Fitz and Barkley have much more upside, simply because Tyrod refuses to take any risk whatsoever.  It's why his INT % is so low.

5 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Cool.  So if I share a link from a game where he played great, do I win the argument?  I was at this game by the way.  Yeah it was time for him to go but he was solid for a stretch and was as effective at not turning over the football/not losing football games as just about any QB you’ll ever see.  In no universe is he not fit to be one of the better backups in the NFL.  And in no universe was he not better at winning football games than Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitzy's three years as the starter here the best the defense did in points allowed per game was 26.5. Tyrod's three years as the starter here the worst the defense did in points allowed per game was 23.5.

Tyrod won more football games here than Fitz. But he had more help too. Those rosters Tyrod played on were good rosters (the 2015 roster remains the best of my Bills fandom). The rosters Fitz played on in 2010 and 2011 were mainly trash (his last year was slightly different and I do think they underachieved in 2012 which led to one of the many resets).

It comes to this, do you want a back up QB that can win you a game? Then Fitz is the answer. Yet if you want a back up QB that won't lose you a game? Then the answer is Tyrod. Personally I'll take the first more then not especially since we don't have a lights out defense. 

19 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Tyrod is far too risk averse to be anything but a backup.  Both Fitz and Barkley have much more upside, simply because Tyrod refuses to take any risk whatsoever.  It's why his INT % is so low.

And this thread is about... back ups. And no Barkley and fitz don't have more upside...

Edited by Ol Dirty B

On 5/7/2019 at 10:05 AM, badassgixxer05 said:

Not sure about Fitz. When ever your starter is struggling you want to role the dice and take a chance on Fitzmagic. But then Fitztragic shows up and ***** up everything. Too good to be backup yet too bad to be starter. Forever in limbo..

Fitz is a walking talking voodoo curse to any starting QB

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Fitz is a walking talking voodoo curse to any starting QB

This is true too. Every team he goes to as backup, the starter goes down and in he goes. NFL needs to get someone in there to investigate.. sneaky Fitz. ?

45 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

I’m rolling with Barkley. Has the ability to throw for 300 yards and won’t kill you with the ints. 

Is this sarcastic?  Barkley has throw 8 more ints than tds in his career. 

15 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Tyrod Taylor has a career record of 23-21. Ryan Fitzpatrick has a career record of 50-75. Matt Barkley has a career record of 2-5.

Interesting.

Yeah, but that’s misleading.  If Fitz played with the 2014/ 2018 defenses, he’s a playoff qb.  He was pretty good for TB this year but their defense was trash.  

Fitz is a low end starter (when hot, he can put up huge numbers on par with any qb) and high end backup. 

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Is this sarcastic?  Barkley has throw 8 more ints than tds in his career. 

Yeah, but that’s misleading.  If Fitz played with the 2014/ 2018 defenses, he’s a playoff qb.  He was pretty good for TB this year but their defense was trash.  

Fitz is a low end starter (when hot, he can put up huge numbers on par with any qb) and high end backup. 

That's the same way I view Taylor. High end backup. They have VERY different styles and Fitz is more fun to watch. He takes more chances, etc. That doesn't translate to more wins, which is the ultimate measure of success for a QB. Obviously it's dependent on the supporting cast, but wins are important at the end of the day. Tyrod is not good enough as a starter, but the fact that he compiled a winning record for the BILLS says something. He's as underrated on this board as he was overrated heading into the season with Cleveland.