Which One - Fitz, Tyrod, or Barkley as Your Your Backup?

Irv

Depends on scheme and how backup would be used.

Fitz - if you needed someone to take chances since you were not going to win otherwise

Tyrod - Someone to make something happen when RBs/line were not getting it done. Good as 2nd QB as slash QB/RB.

Barkley - when you are winning the game and QB needs to come out for injury.  Don't take chances, don't mess up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Fitz - if you needed someone to take chances since you were not going to win otherwise

Tyrod - Someone to make something happen when RBs/line were not getting it done. Good as 2nd QB as slash QB/RB.

Barkley - when you are winning the game and QB needs to come out for injury.  Don't take chances, don't mess up.

Well are you talking for this team?  Or another team?  Scheme is a big part of this.

Im quite comfortable and happy with Barkley right now but honestly would be fine with any of these 3 as a backup to Allen.

• Like (+1) 2

I’m taking Fitz 100%

You know where he went to school? That man is smart. 

In all seriousness I would take Fitz over the others as backup, as he’s the most capable to come out of the pen and get you some wins in an injury situation. Not to mention the guy has played for 1000 coaches and teams now he knows how to work a playbook and offense and apparently is quite good in the locker room 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah, assuming your talking about the Bills I’d say Barkley. I’d love to answer Fitz but I don’t believe he’s the right choice for Daboll’s system as it requires some bombs which Fits just can’t do anymore. 

Fitz would be fine for a short spurt but overall I’m going Barkley: he can do it and has done it. 

Didn't even have to think about this one.  Fitz.

Then Barkley, because he's okay with being a backup.

The other one still thinks he should be a starter.  And he sucks.  No way in hell would I want him back here.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I'd take Fitz in all three of those scenarios. In the last one, just call a bunch of running plays and safe passes, and remind Fitz not to sling it unnecessarily.

This one is easy for me.  Tyrod Taylor.

When the starting QB goes down, I want someone who can be steady/consistent.  Someone who will manage the game, avoid turnovers and let the other starters pull the team to victory.  I don't want someone who will come off the bench and try to be the hero.  The reason this guy is an NFL backup is because he's not good enough to carry a team by himself.

To me, Taylor is the ideal backup.  He's a game manager, who won't blow the game with stupid turnovers.  The fact that opponents need to specially gameplan for his unique running ability is a plus... because as a backup, they might not be prepared when he comes into the game.

On the other hand, Fitzpatrick (while possibly a better QB overall) is erratic and inconsistent.  He's going to be fantastic one week, and terrible the next.  You never know what you are getting off the bench.  Get him on a bad week, he could throw 4 interceptions and completely blow the season.  Get him on a great week, you could be creating a QB controversy.

• Like (+1) 3

I would say Fitz.....BUT its the same as with any other backup QB.....they are there to help you win a few games while your starter is out....if you have to rely on them more then that you are looking at a losing season.

I feel the same way about Barkely......could win maybe 2 out of 3 games for you then needs to go back to the clipboard

Go back two years and there were actually posters on this forum arguing that Tyrod Taylor was a Franchise Quarterback. Yes folks, our expectations had been lowered to such an extent that it became a thing. 

"Hey this guys doesn't completely screw up every time he hits the field, damn that must be what a Franchise Quarterback looks like."