Which One - Fitz, Tyrod, or Barkley as Your Your Backup?

Irv

3 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Barkley

Fans around here would be calling for Fitz way too soon, and Tyrod is not really backup material IMO.

Why do you think he's not backup material? I put him in the same category at Fitz: Not quite good enough to be a starter, but one of the best backups in the league.

Just now, MJS said:

Why do you think he's not backup material? I put him in the same category at Fitz: Not quite good enough to be a starter, but one of the best backups in the league.

He doesn't have the right attitude to be a backup IMO. 

While I liked some of the things that Tyrod can do, I have no longing to have him as my backup QB.  I think if you have to resort to using Tyrod for any length of time, you have to change your offense, because he has something of a specialized skill set.  Fitz can also do some good things.  I wouldn't mind having him as my backup, but I'd just as soon keep Barkley.  I'm sure Barkley has some negatives.  I haven't followed his career beyond hearing he didn't have a great arm coming out of USC.  His sample size with the Bills is too small to make any definitive assessment, but he hasn't given me any reason not to like him.

A lot more input is needed for me I love Fitz because of the kind of team mate he is & i really like that gun slinger mentality but his INT's kill you eventually, Tyrod is also great guy super team mate & leader very safe player & as a back up probably couldn't do much better but he does need to score more, just take some chances !

Then there is Barkley, if his one & only game for the Bills could be any kind of pre curser of how he would be on the field all the time hands down my pick but we haven't seen enough of him in Dabols scheme to know but i trust McBeane & he is there for now so he is my pick !! 

Assuming none of them is asked to play:

Fitz the mentor...... the wise voice in the ear of the starter.  A wise counsel to the young QB trying to learn the ropes of being a team leader under a media microscope.

Barkley is the sidekick.  Like Tonto or Robin, he is in the fight but knows his place, burries his ego and is loyal to the cause.  That was Frank Reich.

Tyrod seems so understated and his personality is veiled.  His effect in the room would be more subtle.  I doubt he need do much for Rivers and what good he did for Mayfield is not obvious to me.

Now, when you need them to start a game or, to the extreme, finish a season and take it to the post season ala Foles, I have no idea but I think your team is screwed with any of them as the starter.

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

16 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

Barkley

Fans around here would be calling for Fitz way too soon, and Tyrod is not really backup material IMO.

Having seen Josh's performance last season, why would anyone be quick to call for Fitz this year?

19 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Having seen Josh's performance last season, why would anyone be quick to call for Fitz this year?

It would only take a few poor performances by Allen to have many Bills fans clamoring for Fitz.

Edited by MacGyver

15 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

iirc he brought up the QB race card and had a bit of a victim mentality to him.

He was asked about those issues directly and answered honestly. I don't have an issue with that. His opinion is that race plays a factor, and other people have the opinion that it doesn't. Two halves of the same coin.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

He was asked about those issues directly and answered honestly. I don't have an issue with that. His opinion is that race plays a factor, and other people have the opinion that it doesn't. Two halves of the same coin.

Fair enough.

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m taking Fitz 100%

You know where he went to school? That man is smart. 

In all seriousness I would take Fitz over the others as backup, as he’s the most capable to come out of the pen and get you some wins in an injury situation. Not to mention the guy has played for 1000 coaches and teams now he knows how to work a playbook and offense and apparently is quite good in the locker room 

Yes.  You don't know what you are going to get with any of those 3 guys, but I think you have more of a chance at catching Fitz on a day good than with the others, and if you do, he can do the most for you when he's on.

Of course, he also might throw 4 INTs.

:lol:

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Go back two years and there were actually posters on this forum arguing that Tyrod Taylor was a Franchise Quarterback. Yes folks, our expectations had been lowered to such an extent that it became a thing. 

"Hey this guys doesn't completely screw up every time he hits the field, damn that must be what a Franchise Quarterback looks like." 

Tyrod is basically still a rookie.  Give him time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2