Beane disappoints everyone and lands a future All Pro LT

We’re you excited with mark  Tranowicz in 1985 out of Nebraska.

If the TE is sitting there that is my pick. The bills probably won’t take one this early because of the free agent signings.

5 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

Good one very good one but I dont see the similarities as prospects.  Joe Thomas was universally rated the top tackle in his draft nobody said he should kick into guard spots.  Joe was the exception not the rule.

How about Jason Peters? Jake Matthews? Taylor Lewan?

I wouldn't be disappointed with Jonah. I really like him as a prospect and think he's a 'process' guy through and through.

It's not a flashy pick, but not every pick can be flashy.

As much as I love the Beane machine, I would be ok with a lowkey draft. 

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

First off, I think the short arm thing is being over-evaluated right now and he will be a successful tackle in this league. But secondly, IF he were to be used at Guard and had a perennial all-pro type of career at that position, would you like the pick then? Or do you think #9 in round 1 is too high for a guard, even for that level of success?

Could also be smoke by teams who want him to make it to or past 9.

• Like (+1) 1

I've come around on Williams, honestly I think because I have a strong dislike for Dillard and I am hoping and praying we don't draft him. But anyway, if I draft Williams I'm probably sticking him at right guard and leaving Dawkins where he is. It is possible that Bobby Johnson doesn't like Dawkins, but that does not seem very likely. In theory though, if you draft Williams, perhaps you can get some value by trading Dion to the Panthers, who we jumped in front of to draft Dawkins, or even perhaps to the Giants. 

But if I'm going to draft an offensive linemen, I'd rather they just draft Hockenson and try something different. 

6 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Your guess is as good as anyone's but IMO in that scenario they pick Oliver. If he's gone, I'd love to see them pick Jonah. From what we've heard, Oliver argued with his coach one time, and the two made up almost instantly. I don't think that's a big problem at all.

Thurman for the win.

1 hour ago, dubs said:

I really DON’T want Jonah Williams. Can it a hunch or intuition, but just don’t think a guard at 9 is a good use of that pick. 

I completely disagree. Nine is too low for a guard.

Sincerely,

Quenton Nelson

(And, no, I'm not saying he's as good as Nelson)

2 hours ago, aristocrat said:

When you have as bad an o line as we did last year nobody is upset 

Can't argue with that. If Oliver is taken, Williams will be just as good of a pick. Can't go wrong either way

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ExWNYer said:

I completely disagree. Nine is too low for a guard.

Sincerely,

Quenton Nelson

(And, no, I'm not saying he's as good as Nelson)

He could be. He’s never played Guard, has he? Tough to compare the two adequately.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

How would this disappoint?

He’s who I’d like to see us get.

Passing on both Oliver and Hockenson in my scenario would disappoint most if not all on this board in some manner. Many think one or both will be gone by 9, but in my scenario (guess) both are still there at 9. Many have said Oliver is their guy and I and others covet a star TE. 

I just have to believe McBeane is going to do everything to protect Josh. He is their future. They have added a ton of experience at RB and a bunch of bodies to the OL already that on paper appears to be a significant upgrade from 2018. I think they don’t stop and they add Jonah who can push for a starting job right away.  

Again I would go TE but they can address TE in the second round.

6 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

1. Arizona - Murray

2. Raiders - Trade with San Francisco Bosa 

3. NY Jets - Allen 

4. San Francisco - Quinnen Williams

5. Tampa Bay - White

6.  NY Giants  - Sweat - this is my most unsure pick.  Sweat could go as high as 5 and fall as low as 25

7. Jacksonville - Taylor 

8. Detroit - Bush 

9. Buffalo - Jonah Williams

This is what I think will happen not what I would do if I was GM for most of these clubs.  I think Beane tries to trade down but can't find any suitors.  I believe McDermott does not want an undersized Oliver at DT that argued with his coach.  I think Dawkins took a step back in both run and pass blocking last year and Nsekhe is at best a one year retread rental at RT.  I believe Beane would be happy landing Taylor, Williams, or Dillard but loathes to do so at #9.  Lastly, while I would take Hockenson or Fant at #9, I think the board is probably correct in that teams just don't put first round grades on TE's that often and Beane won't either.  With the top 7 defenders off the board, Beane albeit reluctantly takes a future All-Pro LT.

Would not be shocked and would be OK with the pick. I have my own concerns, but Daboll would have the more complete book on this kid and if he has future HOF in him. Also, a lot of mocks have Dillard moving up boards after his private workouts so he could be in play too if they go LT.

Edited by WideNine

56 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

First off, I think the short arm thing is being over-evaluated right now and he will be a successful tackle in this league. But secondly, IF he were to be used at Guard and had a perennial all-pro type of career at that position, would you like the pick then? Or do you think #9 in round 1 is too high for a guard, even for that level of success?

That’s a lot of IFs and you can apply that to anybody. Would you rather have a perennial all pro penetrating DT, EDGE rusher, LT, TE, WR or Guard. 

I get what you are saying but you’re assuming that everyone else available at that spot won’t be good and he will. I think that’s a generous assumption.