NYC Municipal Green New Deal

16 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

“We’re going to ban plastic, glass, and steel in our skyscrapers.”

And construct them from what, Mayor?

Adobo?

Mud and thatch?

Whatever they made Wakanda out of.  And paper, and the dreams of immigrant children.

19 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

DeBlasio is going to win re-election in a mudslide.

It'll be years before he and the other lefty nuts undo all the progress made under Rudy and Bloomy and run NYC back into the ground.

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Whatever they made Wakanda out of.  And paper, and the dreams of immigrant children.

Insulated with baby sealskin?

I’m going to have my reusable grocery bag made of this (Ivory handles, too).

9 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

“We’re going to ban plastic, glass, and steel in our skyscrapers.”

And construct them from what, Mayor?

Adobo?

Mud and thatch?

A similar reaction to how the Left are acting over their Green Plan ideas:

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Once again the Left is flat out wrong. A skyscraper is actually an extremely efficient building. It uses far less material and consumes way less of the planets surface than any other building type. These people are clueless! 

I am sorry, but you sir are flat out wrong. When you scrape the sky, you potentially let in space. While this may lessen the impact of greenhouse gases as they escape to the nethersphere, you open a hole for things like asteroids, stars, and aliens dropping in with their space junk. 

Maybe you think asteroids landing on your house would be "cool"...i don't.  And I guess aliens are good for the environment, huh? Do you even have Netflix? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I am sorry, but you sir are flat out wrong. When you scrape the sky, you potentially let in space. While this may lessen the impact of greenhouse gases as they escape to the nethersphere, you open a hole for things like asteroids, stars, and aliens dropping in with their space junk. 

Maybe you think asteroids landing on your house would be "cool"...i don't.  And I guess aliens are good for the environment, huh? Do you even have Netflix? 

Well there is that alright.  So just build your skyscraper one story shorter than the one next to it. Issue solved. Brilliant!

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Under-rated post right here.

Top.

• Like (+1) 1

FINALLY: NYC To Ban Hot Dogs and Processed Meats To Improve Climate.

“Mayor Bill de Blasio approved an ambitious $14 billion Green New Deal on Monday, April 22, to combat climate change. The plan will cut purchases of red meat by 50 percent in its city-controlled facilities such as hospitals, schools, and correctional facilities. The new commitment builds off of the Meatless Mondays campaign that was adopted by all NYC schools in 2017.”

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

FINALLY: NYC To Ban Hot Dogs and Processed Meats To Improve Climate.

“Mayor Bill de Blasio approved an ambitious $14 billion Green New Deal on Monday, April 22, to combat climate change. The plan will cut purchases of red meat by 50 percent in its city-controlled facilities such as hospitals, schools, and correctional facilities. The new commitment builds off of the Meatless Mondays campaign that was adopted by all NYC schools in 2017.”

Mother-***** DeBlasio. I swear, if the next cataclysmic meteor hits, please let it land on Gracie Mansion.  I don't mind taking one for the team.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/23/2019 at 5:15 AM, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Pretty good but add some “you knows” and “likes” and “stuffs” and “totallys” and you’ve nailed the hysterical “nouveau left”. 

19 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Umm... 

(2016)

Adds new meaning to the term “***** this place!”

• Haha (+1) 2

17 hours ago, snafu said:

Mother-***** DeBlasio. I swear, if the next cataclysmic meteor hits, please let it land on Gracie Mansion.  I don't mind taking one for the team.

Why ruin a perfectly fine building?   

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

vegan (1).jpg

Probably. ***** vegan sickos are all about the wholesale slaughter of poor innocent plantlife to feed their insatiable and selfish appetites.

SALAD IS MURDER!

23 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Probably. ***** vegan sickos are all about the wholesale slaughter of poor innocent plantlife to feed their insatiable and selfish appetites.

SALAD IS MURDER!

Both are awesome at the right time

Being in and around the city most of my life, I can tell you that NYC's economy, in no small part, comes from the tourists who want to see these skyscrapers first hand.

Stop building them and/or take them away, and NYC's economy will go right into the tank.

The left just continues to be a bunch of clueless braindead anti-American morons.

If they weren't so freaking dangerous, no one would care that they act this way.

Tell me I am wrong?

On 4/26/2019 at 9:15 AM, njbuff said:

Being in and around the city most of my life, I can tell you that NYC's economy, in no small part, comes from the tourists who want to see these skyscrapers first hand.

Stop building them and/or take them away, and NYC's economy will go right into the tank.

The left just continues to be a bunch of clueless braindead anti-American morons.

If they weren't so freaking dangerous, no one would care that they act this way.

Tell me I am wrong?

Oh you are so wrong!!   Don't you remember back when we had "One New York" in the glorious days of Beame/Koch/Dinkins?   Then the voters insanely turned it over to Rudy/Bloomy for 20 years and next thing you know NYC is full of all these rich people and new buildings!  It's been a horror show!

Do you know how long it's been since you had the convenience of multiple drug dealers operating in Bryant Park??

10 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Oh you are so wrong!!   Don't you remember back when we had "One New York" in the glorious days of Beame/Koch/Dinkins?   Then the voters insanely turned it over to Rudy/Bloomy for 20 years and next thing you know NYC is full of all these rich people and new buildings!  It's been a horror show!

Do you know how long it's been since you had the convenience of multiple drug dealers operating in Bryant Park??

And how beautifully comfortable, clean and free of drug needles and crazy people the city you now work in is. 

I miss the halcyon days of the guy at the exit ramp who’d wipe a greasy rag all over my windshield, making it completely opaque, and then clean it off with a squeege. All for one dollar. All in the cycle of a red light changing to green. 

Edited by snafu

18 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

And how beautifully comfortable, clean and free of drug needles and crazy people the city you now work in is. 

People in the likes of the New Yorker and the Times actually pine for the days of old, where you feared for your life on the subway. Why?

Diversity.

:wallbash: