Bills 2019 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf, says SI’s Gary Gramling

HOUSE

1 hour ago, billieve420 said:

To hide their real intentions or who they really are interested in. Wouldn't be surprised to see the team linked to multiple players between now and draft day. I believe Metcalf is a top 20 pick. Metcalf has been mocked as high to the Raiders at #4 but I just don't see him going top 10. Maybe some other team is in love with him who knows. I actually prefer his teammate AJ Brown over him. 

The Bills have slot receivers already. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

So, you want the Bills to be able to SCORE points, but not be able to stop the OTHER team from scoring (26th in sacks last year, several games where they got gashed by a running back; see Leonard Fournette and Marlon Mack)?

Weird that we still somehow had the #2 ranked defense despite all your doom and gloom on our D.  Amazing how exaggerative your posts are.  Reading your comments one would think we had the 2nd to last ranked defense.  

• Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

It won't surprise me at all if Edmunds ends up playing the LorAx role starting in 2020.

He's built perfectly for it, and he's a far superior athlete to LorAx.

That's why I'd be looking at an off-ball 'backer like Okereke in the mid rounds, but I have a feeling that he'll be over-drafted since off-ball LB is arguably the weakest position in the class (safety could contend as well though).

Even if he overcomes his lack of instincts at MLB I see reasons that he doesn't fit best in the middle.     MLB is a reflection of RB........and tall, upright targets at RB take a beating and I think Edmunds is going to struggle getting off blocks and surviving collisions inside.   He already missed a couple weeks(1 game) with a concussion last year on a pretty routine tackle for an NFL MLB.    It sucks that there aren't better OBLB's and RB's in this draft because the Bills need a couple, IMO and drafting a Blake Cashman type in round 4 certainly doesn't feel like the normal value you get at the position on draft day.:lol:

21 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Sigh.

He's so terrible yet scouts seem to love him.

Crazy.

Gonna watch when I get a chance!

Thanks dude!

Exactly.

Kb looked like the stay puft marshmallow man from day 1

If he was that special we wouldn’t be talking about drafting him at 9.

9 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Pretty silly to mention Jones and Johnson then move to Baldwin.  Here's why.  Neither Jones or Johnson tested in agility drills at all.  We know why.  Jones and Johnson's agility scores are probably in the same league with Baldwin's.  The difference is talent.  Johnson and Jones have the things that cannot be coached.  In any case, 8 days.

Jones was 6.66 in the 3 cone and 4.25 in the 20 yards shuttle. 

45 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Metcalf is built like a muscle monster and should have dominated college. He does not run good routes and will be another Kelvin Benjamin. No way they are taking that.

No offense, but this might the absolute worst player evaluation and comparison I have seen this offseason.

There isn’t a single thing that KB and DK have in common outside of you just not liking either.  

And for for the last time, DK was on his way to a dominate season this year before the neck injury.  When I see comments like yours the only thing it tells me is that you know nothing about DK and formed some opinion off of looking at his stat sheet totals.

I don’t know if we will take DK or not, and I don’t know if he will bust or succeed in the NFL (as no one knows the future on any rookie).  But I do know it won’t be a reach to take him at 9 and he has as much upside as any player at any position in this draft.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

No offense, but this might the absolute worst player evaluation and comparison I have seen this offseason.

There isn’t a single thing that KB and DK have in common outside of you just not liking either.  

And for for the last time, DK was on his way to a dominate season this year before the neck injury.  When I see comments like yours the only thing it tells me is that you know nothing about DK and formed some opinion off of looking at his stat sheet totals.

I don’t know if we will take DK or not, and I don’t know if he will bust or succeed in the NFL (as no one knows the future on any rookie).  But I do know it won’t be a reach to take him at 9 and he has as much upside as any player at any position in this draft.  

So, which of these scenarios would you prefer:

They take Metcalf at 9 and then took Jaylon Ferguson in the 2nd, with the hope that he turns into the next Khalil Mack?

Or, they take Metcalf at 9 and then give away picks for either Frank Clark or Clowney, while paying them an absurd contract that EXCEEDS what the Cowboys gave Demarcus Lawrence?

23 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

Where though?  9?  Probably not.  I can see them trading back and taking him.  But I don't see them taking him at 9 and I want Metcalf on the Bills.  To me trade with the Giants for 17 if possible.  Gain draft capital.  Draft Metcalf at 17.  Trade extra draft capital to Ravens or Seahawks for pick 21 or 22.  Take Tillery or Brian Burns there.  Fill out the rest of the roster with the remaining picks.

He'll be gone by 17 and then what impact player do you choose.  Not against a smaller trade down but not to 15 or lower.

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Between this and all the o-linemen that Beane signed - we would have a complete offensive overhaul YoY.  Between Metcalf, brown, foster - you have an insane amount of speed and even a size/speed combination that is really hard to matchup with.

Assuming this was the pick we would be lining up

WR1- Metcalf

WR2- Brown/Foster

WR3- Cole

This would have zay as the WR5 - and probably trade bait at that point.  Roberts sticks as a return man making mckenzie expendable.  People seem interested in that duke williams character as well.  If he has a good camp he makes zay even more expendable.  At the same time - WRs are always hurt.

If the Bills drafted Metcalf, the plan down the road would be for him to be the #1 wr, but rarely does a rookie wr get penciled in as the #1 wr in his 1st year. Its a big jump from college ball to the NFL so it will take him some time, perhaps a whole season before he'd be our #1 wr.

That's not to say you wouldn't place him on the outside once & awhile to run some deep routes, but no way does he immediately become your #1 wr.

Me personally I think he's too much of a reach at that spot, given the other talent available in the draft & with our other needs. Hopefully this is just a Bills smokescreen or the case of another insider not knowing what he's talking about. DE, DT, OT or TE or trade back with some combo getting Harry as our wr or Fant/Hock/Smith at te would be my dream draft.

6 hours ago, H2o said:

Meh, whatever. I'm hoping for Oliver or somehow Devin White falls into our lap. Whoever we take though, as long as it's not a Whitner over Ngata or Maybin over Orakpo scenario, I'm good. Stevie Wonder could see the Bills made mistakes with those two. 

Edit: The only person I would be maf about if we picked would be Rashan Gary. He's an underachieving workout warrior whom I think will be a bust in the NFL just like he was as a 5 Star recruit going into college. 

You mean like Robert Foster.

12 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Even if he overcomes his lack of instincts at MLB I see reasons that he doesn't fit best in the middle.     MLB is a reflection of RB........and tall, upright targets at RB take a beating and I think Edmunds is going to struggle getting off blocks and surviving collisions inside.   He already missed a couple weeks(1 game) with a concussion last year on a pretty routine tackle for an NFL MLB.    It sucks that there aren't better OBLB's and RB's in this draft because the Bills need a couple, IMO and drafting a Blake Cashman type in round 4 certainly doesn't feel like the normal value you get at the position on draft day.:lol:

Agreed...I really like Trayveon and Montgomery at RB though...again I worry that they'll be overdrafted.

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If he was that special we wouldn’t be talking about drafting him at 9.

Terrible take.

Just because there are other "more special" players like bosa doesn't mean that a guy like dk isn't special.

Completely absurd.

Who is Gary Shandling Gramling anyways?  (He graduated from SU in 2001, worked in Hartford for 3 years, editor for SI kids for 9 years & MMQB editor for 5 years) I honestly never heard of this guy before today. Makes sense to take this with a grain of salt and it sure sounds like a lot of projection on his part IMO.

“We are on to the Buffalo Bills. And I just want to say before we start, the Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf in the real draft. That’s all. That’s all I want to say.”

When asked to elaborate, Gramling added that Metcalf is a great fit for Buffalo’s culture.

“I think not only because of the need. Jonathan Jones did a really good piece on D.K. Metcalf for the upcoming issue of SI (that) you will be able to see on MMQB this week. He is just this reserved devoutly religious guy and he very much fits into that culture they have there with Brandon Beane and Sean McDermott and those guys.”