Bills 2019 NFL Draft: Buffalo Bills are taking D.K. Metcalf, says SI’s Gary Gramling

HOUSE

55 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Ward was a definite 1st rounder. He was in most people's 2nd batch of players (after the QBs and Chubb, Nelson, Barkley) and the consensus was he was in play anywhere from #8 with Chicago through to about #20 and Dallas. That said he did go earlier than people expected at #4.

I think Metcalf is too, a 1st rounder that is. In my eyes he's in play anywhere between 6 & 24, with relatively likely spots being Jacksonville, Buffalo, Denver, Miami, Green Bay, Washington, Seattle, and Oakland.

1 hour ago, KRT88 said:

Wow, I’ve seen several mocks where DK isn’t even a first round pick. This would be a massive reach in my opinion. No way he’s a top 10 pick. Trade back if this is the guy you want. 

I wouldn't be a huge fan of us drafting DK Metcalf either...  but where in the world are these mocks where he isn't a 1st Round Pick?

Are you talking about legitimate media sites, or just a group of regular fans making picks?

I follow pretty much every major draft site and haven't seen anyone mocking him outside the first round.

He's most definitely the consensus #1 WR and is going between about #8-25 in just about every mock draft I've seen.

Here is my concern: Metcalf likely does finger, palm and knuckle pushups too. His hands likely may be too bulgy, such that Allen's thrown darts would bounce off those hard. rippled hands. On the orher hand, Jerry Rice seemed thin as a skeleton and used to catch bricks, to put his hands in shape. Not sure if the other way around, soft ball, in muscular  hands work. 

21 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

What are they smokescreening?

I don't think anybody is trading up to take anybody other than a QB

Although when it comes to the draft there's always some ridiculously outlandish draft day move-up that makes people scratch their heads

Not saying it's a smokescreen, but many teams throw out bad information to hide interest in their true target.

Teams trade up to grab position players all the time.

11 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Not saying it's a smokescreen, but many teams throw out bad information to hide interest in their true target.

Teams trade up to grab position players all the time.

Or they are leaking interest to make teams think it's a smokescreen?? ?

I could see it.  Verticals all day. Metcalf size and speed would put a ton of pressure on secondaries with Allen’s arm. He’s not easy to cover. That’s just out of the box, go routes. Might as well go full Josh Allen offense, cater to his strengths. 

If I had to bet money on them taking him at 9 though? No, I would not. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I think Metcalf is too, a 1st rounder that is. In my eyes he's in play anywhere between 6 & 24, with relatively likely spots being Jacksonville, Buffalo, Denver, Miami, Green Bay, Washington, Seattle, and Oakland.

I think he probably goes in the 1st... but not definitely. Personally I don't have a first on him.

If Bosa, Williams, Allen, and Oliver are off the board, I happy with drafting Metcalf at 9.  The dream scenario would be getting one of the top 4 Dlinemen and moving into the mid to high 20s and drafting Metcalf.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I'm at about 90% confidence he doesn't get past pick 15. Based on what we know today, anyway.

I actually think the Redskins at 15 will pick him if they don't go Quarterback. But I wouldn't be convinced that all those WR needy teams you list above have DK as their WR1. I think and get the sense that there is a lot of disagreement around the league over the order to rank these receivers.

3 minutes ago, BobChalmers said:

Meh - I'd much rather have Hock - who's their TE now?  Cincy's backup?  They can't seriously think that's good enough.

I’m sure they don’t feel “set” at TE, but it’s a deep TE draft. There are many options beyond one guy, at pick 9.

Edited by YoloinOhio